Sand cakes are special! They are not like the others, are very tender, crumbly and rarely sold in stores. So, there is a reason to make a dessert by yourself. Moreover, there are so many interesting recipes!
Sand Cake - General Cooking Principles
Sand dough is always based on fat. This is usually butter or margarine, eggs are often added. Maybe the recipe is sour cream or milk, but in small quantities. Extra moisture makes the dough harder, it will not be so crumbly. Often soda is added for softness and porous structure, but the cake in this case will be much higher. Cakes are usually baked in the oven on several trays. But there are recipes for cooking in a pan, one of them can be found just below.
For a layer of sandy cakes, you can take absolutely any cream. Moreover, the base goes well with fruit fillings. Even the most ordinary jam will perfectly fit into the dessert. The main thing is that it is not liquid and does not flow along the edges. All sand cakes require time for impregnation, after which they will become tender, melting in the mouth. It is advisable to keep the dessert in the refrigerator for at least 10-12 hours.
Leningrad sand cake (recipe with condensed milk)
The recipe for the “Leningradsky” sand cake, which is made from the simplest and most affordable ingredients. You can put margarine in the dough if there is no butter.
• half a kilo of flour;
• 0.5 tsp. soda;
• 0.28 kg butter (margarine);
• 2 large eggs;
• 0.2 kg of sugar.
• 0.2 kg of oil;
• a handful of nuts;
• 0.2 kg of powder;
• 20 g of cocoa;
• 0.4 kg of condensed milk boiled;
• 2 spoons of liquor;
• 300 g jam apricot or orange jam.
1. Cut margarine or butter into pieces, let it melt in a warm room, then add granulated sugar and beat with a mixer, preferably until the grains are dissolved. But if some sugar remains, then do not worry. Add eggs, add flour and pour slaked soda. You can take the ripper, then do not need to extinguish, in this case, the portion is doubled. 2. Knead soft, but not liquid shortcrust pastry. If the flour is small, then you can pour a little more. Divide into three parts, roll the balls and put in the freezer.
3. From each ball roll out cakes (diameter 22-25 cm), you can immediately on the parchment, attach a cover of a suitable size, cut the circle. Bake alternately in the oven, the temperature is 180. Cuts are also baked, they will fit for the crumbs.
4. While the dough is baked and cooled, you need to make a cream. Here, butter can not be replaced with margarine. Beat it for a couple of minutes, add condensed milk, powder, cocoa and add liqueur. But you can without it. You can also not put the powder, if you do not like very sweet cakes. Put the cream in time in the fridge.
5. Pound jam until smooth.
6. Cake grease with jam, then cover with cream, should leave the third part. Similarly, we are working on the second cake, the top and sides of the cake.
7. Sprinkle the sides with shredded scraps. Top scatter nuts. On the classic cake there is an inscription "Leningrad". You can apply it with jam or cream.
Sand Cake: Recipe with Jam
The recipe for a shortcake cake every day, which is sandwiched with any thick jam. You can use jam or jam.
• 0.4 kg of flour;
• 350 g of jam;
• 2 eggs;
• 0.15 kg margarine / butter;
• 120 grams of sugar.
1. Put the chopped margarine in a bowl. Add flour and sugar. Now we grind it all with our hands. If the margarine is frozen, then chop the mass with a knife. It should make baby.
2. Add eggs, knead the dough. Divide into 4-5 parts. Cool in the freezer for about fifteen minutes.
3. Roll out the cakes, cut off. All the excess is laid out next to the baking sheet.
4. We bake sand cakes at 200 degrees until golden brown, do not overdry.
5. Coat with jam.
6. Grind the trim, sprinkle the cake on top. You can also sprinkle the sides, but not necessarily.
Sand cake: recipe with curd cream (soufflé)
Cake with a wonderful curd filling, which resembles a souffle, is prepared with gelatin. To make the filling gentle, it is better to take a fat cottage cheese Ingredients
• 140 g of flour;
• 90 g of oil;
• 2 yolks;
• 50 g sugar.
Souffle cottage cheese:
• 140 g of milk;
• 400 g of cottage cheese;
• 200 g whipping cream;
• juice from? lemon;
• 18 g of gelatin;
• 150 g sugar.
1. Pound butter and sugar with flour, add eggs, make dough, and from it two balls. We remove in the freezer so that it can be thinly rolled.
2. We take out the dough, roll it in two cakes, suitable in diameter to the existing detachable form. Bake until cooked at medium temperature.
3. One cake should be immediately cut into slices, as is usually cut into a finished cake.
4. Fill the gelatin with milk, leave for a while to swell.
5. Beat cottage cheese with sugar, add lemon juice. Separately, whip up fresh cream to the pomp, combine with cottage cheese.
6. Heat milk with gelatin, add to cottage cheese cream.
7. Put on the bottom of a detachable form one sand cake, which is whole.
8. Now lay out the curd mass with gelatin. If desired, you can add berries, pieces of fruit or dried fruits: prunes, dried apricots.
9. Now on top of the souffle lay out the sand cake, cut into sectors. Lightly press down.
10. Leave the cake in the fridge for five hours, longer. If desired, it can be poured over with chocolate or smeared with condensed milk on top, but after removing the split ring.
Sand cake: recipe of the famous ant hill
An anthill is a classic sand cake, which turns out very juicy, interesting, sweet, but at the same time does not require much time for cooking and decoration. Nuts for decoration are optional, you can cook without them.
• a glass of sugar;
• 360 g flour (about 3 cups);
• 190 g of oil;
•? hl soda;
• 2 eggs.
Cream and design:
• bank of condensed milk;
• 250 g of oil;
• 120 grams of nuts;
• 0.5 chocolates.
1. Chop the butter and flour, pour out the sugar, stir. We break eggs and in the process of mixing we introduce slaked soda. Making a cool dough.
2. We divide the whole mass into small balls, the size of a regular egg or a little smaller. We remove in the freezer for 15 minutes. 3. We take out the meat grinder, scroll the frozen balls, shift the straw on the baking sheet.
4. We bake the base of the anthill at 200 degrees.
5. Mix condensed milk with butter.
6. Chilled shortbread dough is broken by hand into pieces, but not to small crumbs.
7. Add cream, stir. If the mass is watery, then give a little stand in the refrigerator, then lay out on the dish “Anthill” in the form of a hill.
8. Chop nuts, chocolate rubbed. Sprinkle the cake with this mixture. But you can melt the chocolate and put the drops on top of the cake sprinkled with nuts. Fully glazed anthill is not covered.
Sand Cake: Cooking Recipe in a Pan
Sand cake for this recipe can be easily cooked in a pan. A great option for those who can not use the oven.
• 3 eggs;
• 1.3 Art. Sahara;
• 0.2 kg margarine or butter;
• 5 g of soda;
• 3 tbsp. flour.
• 0.25 kg sour cream;
• 0.12 kg of powder;
• 1 tbsp. nuts.
1. The dough for this cake is kneaded the simplest shortbread. Beat the butter with sugar, add eggs one by one, add flour and a ripper, soda is used in this recipe. Be sure to extinguish it.
2. Divide the dough into 4-5 parts, depending on the diameter of the pan. We roll round lumps, cool.
3. Heat the pan.
4. We get lumps, roll out cakes. Fry on both sides to ruddy color, like pancakes. Grease the pan does not need anything.
5. Put the finished cakes on top of each other, cover with a lid from the pan or a plate that is suitable in diameter.
6. We take a sharp knife and cut off all unnecessary, giving the perfect shape to the cake. Leave, let it cool well.
7. Sour cream mixed with powder. But you can use any other cream, it is tasty with butter and boiled condensed milk.
8. Chop the nuts, fry in a skillet, cool.
9. We coat the prepared cakes, stack them on each other. From above, the cake is covered with nuts.
Sand Cake: Recipe with Custard and Berries
The recipe for a wonderful sand cake, which can be prepared with any berries. But if they are with bones, then we take out in advance. Ingredients
• 4 yolks;
• 0.75 Art. Sahara;
• 0.2 kg of oil;
• 2 tbsp. flour;
• 1 tsp. ripper.
• 200 ml of milk;
• 0.2 kg of sugar;
• 1 egg + 50 ml of milk;
• 1.5 tablespoons of flour;
• 150 g of oil;
• 1 tbsp. l starch;
• berries 0.6 kg.
1. Mix yolks with sugar. Oil grind with flour. Combine Add lemon juice soda to them. Knead the dough.
2. Divide into three balls, roll out the tortillas and bake in the oven.
3. Mix all the ingredients of the cream, except butter. Put the saucepan on the stove and cook a thick mass, resembling semolina in consistency. Cool it down.
4. Wash berries, be sure to dry. Large copies cut.
5. Add the softened butter to the cooled cream, mix.
6. Smear cold cakes with creams, scatter some berries between layers.
7. Top also smear cream, go through the sides. Decorate the cake with berries, you can additionally sprinkle with coconut chips.
Sand Cake - Tips and Tricks
• Soda is always quenched with acid before adding to the dough, otherwise the dessert will have an unpleasant taste. The ripper is simply mixed with flour, it does not need quenching.
• Sand dough does not like heat, so after cooking it must be removed in the refrigerator.
• It is convenient to roll layers on parchment, then with the paper to transfer to the baking sheet.