Who doesn't know honey cake? The most popular cake, which is prepared in all pastry shops and sold everywhere. Why not make it at home? All you need is some products and a bath, but not simple, but a water one. Everything in order!
Honey cake on a water bath - general cooking principles
Water bath is a special way of heating products, which is very delicate. The sweet mixture will not stick, it will not stick to the walls of the dish, and it will turn out exactly what you need. Bath is used for creams, dough, glaze. It is actively used for cooking honey cake, almost all known recipes require delicate heating.
Basic cooking rules:
• All the ingredients for the cake should be weighed, it is important to observe the proportion, but if the dough turns out weak, you can pour more flour. Moisture in the products is different.
• The heating of the honey mass should be controlled. If you overdo it, the dough will be dark, and the dessert with bitterness.
• Cakes can be rolled immediately on a stacked baking sheet. Then a lid from the pan is applied to the reservoir. Just choose a circle of suitable diameter, all the excess is cut off. Or roll and cut on the table, and then transfer the cake to the sheet, wound on a rolling pin.
• Before baking, the cake should be pricked with a fork, so air bubbles can be avoided and the cake will be smoother.
• Honey cake is usually baked in the oven at 180, thin cakes are enough for 2-3 minutes. Therefore, it is important not to depart from the oven, otherwise you can easily burn the cake.
• Cream for honey cakes, you can use any, but it should not be oily. Otherwise, the cakes will get soaked bad, the dessert will remain dry.
Honey cakes take time to soak. Right after the lubrication, the cakes will be dry. It is best to prepare the dessert on the eve or let stand in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
Plain honey cake on a water bath
The recipe for a classic honey cake in a water bath, which is familiar to many hostesses. After impregnation, the cakes become incredibly tender, juicy, melt in the mouth. Ingredients
• a glass of sugar;
• 550 g of flour;
• soda 1 tsp;
• 3 eggs;
• 50 g of oil;
• 4 l. honey;
Cream: 500 g of fat sour cream a glass of powder.
1. We break eggs. We immediately take a large pot or bowl, which we place in a water bath. Pour sugar, beat for five minutes to foam, throw a pinch of salt.
2. Add honey, throw oil and soda. We put in a hot bath and start cooking. Stir constantly. The mass will increase in volume, so the bowl must be large.
3. Cook for a quarter of an hour until the color turns brownish. Remove from heat.
4. Fall asleep a glass of flour, quickly mix. Now you can add the rest of the flour, knead the dough.
5. Divide into 8 parts, roll the balls.
6. We take a rolling pin, roll out thin cakes, cut off. Baking on a baking sheet with parchment. Cooking cakes quickly, so immediately roll out the second.
7. Trimming collect, you can roll out a new cake. But the part you just need to bake, cool and crumble. All cool.
8. We take sour cream thick, so that the cream does not spread, mix it with powder.
9. Lubricate all the honey cakes. Top and sides of the cake should be sprinkled with crumbs from scraps.
Honey Cake in the Water Bath “Paris Cocktail”
Stunning delicious, tender version of a honey cake in a water bath with a very romantic and elegant name. The dessert is relatively simple.
• 0.5 kg of flour;
• 3 l. honey;
• sugar 150 g;
• 7 g of soda;
• 180 g of water;
• 30 ml of oil.
• 600 g of milk;
• cl. oil 0.25 kg;
• eggs - 3 pieces;
• 100 g of nuts;
• 200 g of sugar;
• 10 g flour.
1. Put the container in a hot bath. Add honey, sugar, water. Bring almost to a boil. As soon as the bubbles go, remove from the heat, add the soda with flour. Quickly knead first with a spoon, then do it all with your hands. We divide all the resulting dough into 6 parts,
2. From each piece roll out the cake, bake on a baking sheet at 200 degrees to a golden color.
3. For cream, beat eggs, add sugar, mixed with flour. After dissolution, we introduce milk, we pour vanilla. Put the cream on the stove. Heat gently so that the mass does not burn, constantly stir. As soon as it thickens. We remove. 4. We soften the oil, add to the cooled cream.
5. Lubricate cooled honey cakes.
6. Fry the nuts. You can dry in the oven before baking honey cake or after it. We chop, sprinkle the Parisian cake, leave for 5 hours.
Cake honey in the water bath “Ryzhik”
Another famous recipe for honey cake in a water bath. Ginger slightly different taste. The cream is made from sour cream with butter and condensed milk, which can be white or boiled.
• 0.23 kg of sugar;
• 2 tsp. soda;
• 2 eggs;
• flour 490 g;
• honey 3 l .;
• 100 g of oil;
For the cream we use 0.35 kg of the following ingredients: butter, condensed milk, sour cream.
1. Pour the oil and half of the sugar into a bowl. We put in a water bath and drown to dissolve. Add honey, warm it up for about five minutes, throw soda, quickly stir and remove. Let the mass stand for about five minutes.
2. During this time, you need to mix the remaining sugar with the eggs, beat in a good foam.
3. Combine eggs and honey mixture, pour flour, knead the dough.
4. We divide the mass into 6-8 parts, make cakes, bake until it is ruddy in color. Remove carefully, as they are very soft. Cooling down.
5. While the cakes cool down, you need to beat the softened butter well. To make it so, simply in advance remove the product from the refrigerator.
6. Add condensed milk at room temperature to the butter, and then sour cream. All this we do in the course of whipping cream.
7. Straighten cakes. Leave the cake to soak in the cold.
Cake honey in the “Chocolate” water bath
Option of chocolate honey cake. Which also requires warming up in a water bath. Cakes are also very soft, gentle, well-soaked with cream. The cream is prepared simple boiled on milk, but with the addition of dark chocolate.
• two eggs of 1 category;
• 10 g of ordinary soda;
• sugar 180 grams;
• 0.05 kg of oil;
• 25 grams of cocoa;
• flour 0.4 kg;
• 2 spoons of honey.
• half a liter of milk;
• a pair of eggs;
• sugar 180 grams;
• 150 g of oil;
• one chocolate bar;
• flour 40 grams;
• Nuts. Cooking
1. Cocoa combine with flour. Mix oil with honey and sugar, put in a water bath. Beat eggs separately. Melt honey and butter, heat the mass until the color changes. Remove, put the soda and wait a couple of minutes, no more. Now pour the eggs. And then pour the flour mixture, make a stiff dough.
2. Divide into pieces, roll out the cakes on a floured surface, cut, transfer to a baking sheet, bake.
3. Cook the cream. Mix sugar and flour, add milk and eggs, beat with a mixer and transfer to the stove, add chopped chocolate. Cook on low heat until the chocolate melts and the cream thickens. Cool, add the softened butter.
4. Coat the cooled cakes with chilled cream, sprinkle with nuts. In order to save, you can take them with a mixture of crumb. Leave for six hours.
Honey cake on a water bath with vodka
An unusual recipe for a terrific cake. Vodka and honey are great friends, will help to make a unique dessert. Cream sour cream, but you can take any other.
• 60 g of oil;
• 390 g of flour;
• 3 eggs;
• 5 g of soda;
• 2 tsp. vodka;
• 2 spoons of honey;
• 160 g sugar.
• 400 g sour cream;
• 170 g of powder.
1. Pour into the pan all the ingredients except flour. Stir, send to the water bath, warm up to enhanced foaming and dissolution of all components.
2. Remove from heat, pour flour in 10 minutes, knead dough.
3. Make ordinary thin cakes, dividing the dough into 6 pieces. Trim bake separately, brown more.
4. Mix the ingredients of the cream.
5. We coat the cooled honey cakes.
6. Rub the trim into a crumb, sprinkle honey cake. Let the cake stand for a few hours.
Honey cake in the water bath “Two creams”
Variant of delicious cake with two types of cream. Cakes are baked ordinary thin, but slightly on a different technology. Flapjacks are sandwiched alternately with different fillings. It turns out unreal delicious!
• 3 eggs;
• 600 g of sugar;
• 150 ml of honey;
• 250 g of oil;
• 500 g sour cream; • bank of condensed milk;
• 10 g of soda;
• 600 g flour.
1. Combine 300 grams of sugar and eggs in a saucepan, add all the honey and 50 grams of butter. Pour soda. We send to the water bath, warm up and constantly stir. As soon as the mass is well foamed and becomes darker, pour a glass of flour, stir and remove. Dump another flour, knead.
2. Divide the dough into small pieces. Roll out of 6-7 cakes, bake.
3. Cooking cream from sour cream and the remaining sugar. In another bowl, beat butter with condensed milk. You can season both masses with vanilla.
4. Lubricate the bottom of the plate with sour cream, put the cake, coat with the top. Next cake we coat with condensed milk. Alternate.
5. In the end, mix both types of cream, lubricate the top of the cake and cover the sides, pour all the crushed scraps, you can sprinkle with nuts.
Honey cake on a water bath - tips and tricks
• Do not try to replace natural honey with molasses or syrup, it will no longer be a honey cake and the matter is not even in flavor. Only real honey makes the cake tender, gives it a special structure and removes the viscosity.
• Collect honey should not be with the cake. First you need to spread the cream on the dish. This technique will make all the cakes soaked.
• The dough for honey cake is not subject to storage, after freezing it loses its taste, softness. If the cakes are no longer needed, and the dough is there, just roll out large layers and bake, or make cookies. Baking can be started in any dessert, for example, in chocolate sausage or in a potato cake.