It is difficult to say who owns the idea to treat themselves to canned fish cutlets. Perhaps the Soviet polar explorers or geologists in distant expeditions. Anyway, the dish is very much loved by our housewives and their grateful homemade ones.
Surely contributed to the prevalence of dishes and a wide range of canned goods produced in the recent past. Different types of fish and even different methods of canning greatly influence the taste of the finished cutlets.
As a rule, preference is given to sardines, saury, pink salmon, canned in oil. Canned food, on the labels of which is “with added oil”, is often quite hard and salted. Quite different from previous canned food, made from blanched fish. As a rule, they are more expensive, and for cooking meat will have to choose the best quality. It is good to use them by mixing two types: “Blanched sardines” and “Sardines in oil”, the taste of the dish will be softer.
Canned fish cutlets - general principles of cooking
• Canned fish cutlets are most often fried in a pan using very small amounts of vegetable fat. But they can be baked in the oven with sauce.
• To prepare the cutlet mass, take canned food from any kind of fish cooked in oil or with its addition. The taste will be unusual if the canned food is blanched.
• In most cases, use only fish, and leave the oil. It can be useful only if the canned fish is stewed with vegetables.
• Pieces of fish taken out of the jar, remove large spices and bones, and then knead well with a fork or tolkushkoy.
• In the cutlet mass of canned fish put cereals: semolina, millet or rice. The semolina is added in a dry form, and the millet and rice are boiled. Also, minced meat can be cooked with vegetables - carrots and potatoes. Carrots must be boiled, and potatoes are stewed together with fish or cooked mashed potatoes without butter and milk. • Fish cutlets from canned food will not fall apart and will be easily sculpted if raw eggs are introduced into the cutlet mass.
• For juiciness add raw or browned onions.
• Mince salt and flavor with spices according to the recipe.
• To prevent cutlet minced meat from sticking to hands, cutlets are cut with hands dipped in water. Before frying, they must be breaded in flour, semolina, special breadcrumbs for fish dishes. It is possible in ordinary whites.
• Fry patties should be in a pan in heated vegetable oil.
• Prepared from high-quality canned food, such patties harmonize well with any side dish.
Canned Sardine Fish Cutlets with Spices
• two medium potatoes;
• 200 grams of canned “Sardine” in oil;
• small onion;
• large clove of garlic;
• a quarter tsp. crushed ginger;
• two boxes of cardamom;
• two small leaves of laurel;
• on a small pinch of “Chile” and cinnamon;
• 30 gr. natural butter or frozen cream.
1. Heat the pan well over low heat and melt the cream or butter in it. Put in it chopped garlic and chopped onion in small pieces. Sprinkle with ginger and lightly rescue.
2. Then add small cubes of potatoes and continue cooking.
3. After another five minutes, put pieces of canned fish, laurel in the vegetables. Add turmeric, pour in half a glass of boiling water and simmer for a quarter of an hour.
4. Remove the bay leaves and add the well-pounded cardamom seeds. Stir well and transfer to a small bowl.
5. Take a crush and carefully knead the mass with it. Salt, add sugar, “chili” with cinnamon and mix well.
6. Make small flat cutlets out of minced fish and fry, as described in general principles, first rolled in breadcrumbs.
Canned Fish Cutlets Breaded in Cornmeal
• round grain polished rice - 300 grams;
• two bulbs;
• fresh eggs - 2 pcs .;
• one can of any canned fish in oil;
• corn flour.
1. Remove all the bones from the pieces of canned fish and chop them with a kitchen processor or mash them well with a fork.
2. Fry the shredded onion in vegetable oil until tender golden brown. Boil the rice until fully cooked and discard in a colander.
3. When all the liquid from the rice comes off, mix it with onions and chopped fish. Break egg into mince, season with ground pepper, salt to taste and knead gently. If the rice after boiling is not washed, the egg can not add.
4. Hitting a minced fish with a spoon, make patties from it and roll them in cornmeal.
5. Put the breaded cutlets in well-heated vegetable oil and brown them quickly to a crust.
Canned fish cutlets without onions, with the addition of semolina
• canned saury (in oil or with its addition) - 1 can;
• two Art. l semolina;
• small carrot;
• two fresh eggs;
• potato - 3 medium tubers;
1. Peel the vegetables and boil in salted water until tender. Cool well and rub over. Pour the semolina, break into the vegetable mixture eggs. Stir, salt, remove the sample, and pepper.
2. Add mashed saury and, slightly beating, knead the cutlet mass. Sculpt from it of an arbitrary size and shape of semi-finished products.
3. Roll them twice in flour and fry as described in cooking principles.
Sardine Fish Cakes with Millet
• polished millet (grain) - 200 gr .;
• canned food “Sardines in oil”;
• two onions;
• one egg;
• ground breadcrumbs for breading.
1. Take the millet and put it in a sieve. To get bitterness out of it, pour boiling water over the grits and leave to sieve lightly to dry. Then boil the millet and cool well. 2. Add chopped onions and small pieces of fish (the smaller, the better).
3. Pour in the yolk, a little loose with a whisk or fork. Add curry, table salt to your taste, and season with pepper, mix the minced fish well.
4. To make the burgers quite lush, add the beaten protein and knead well again.
5. Form medium-sized semi-finished products, sprinkle and dip them all in breadcrumbs.
6. Pour three tablespoons of non-aromatic sunflower oil into a non-stick frying pan and fry cooked patties in it.
Canned fish cutlets with rice groats and potatoes
• canned fish in oil - 250 gr. bank;
• two-thirds cup of rice (cereal);
• one chicken egg;
• six small potatoes;
• for breading “Crackers for fish dishes”.
1. Boil peeled potatoes in lightly salted water and mash them in mashed potatoes.
2. Sort the rice, boil and strain the broth well, do not rinse.
3. Mix chilled puree with rice. Add fish, mashed with a fork, out of a jar, without oil and bones, onion and egg shredded with a knife. Thoroughly knead the minced fish with your hands and form rounded patties.
4. Into a shallow plate, pour out the “Crackers for fish dishes”, roll the semi-finished products in them from all sides and fry in butter until lightly ruddy.
Canned fish cutlets, with tomato and cheese sauce
• Bank “Hunchback salmon in oil”;
• six spoons of semolina;
• two small onions;
• three spoons of thick tomato;
• two eggs;
• 50 gr. “Kostroma” cheese.
1. Take out the fish with the juice on the plate. Choose spices (laurel, peppercorns) and mash everything with a fork.
2. Use a large grater to rub the onion and transfer it to the fish. Add the semolina, break the egg and mix to a uniform consistency.
3. Shape oblong semi-finished products with moistened hands and water them in flour. 4. Lightly grill ready-to-cook semi-finished products in hot oil and place on a baking sheet.
5. In a half-liter of water, dilute the tomato, salt and put your favorite spices to taste.
6. Then pour the cutlets with tomato sauce so that they are only slightly covered by it.
7. Cover the baking sheet with a large sheet of foil and put in an oven heated to 190 degrees for 10 minutes.
8. After that, remove the baking sheet, remove the foil and rub the cheese on each burglar largely. Return the roaster back and soak until the cheese is completely melted.
Canned tuna fish cutlets with crab sticks
• “Tuna with added oil, in its own juice” - 1 can;
• 200 gr. frozen crab convenience foods;
• egg - 1 pc .;
• for breading white ground crackers;
• a bunch of feathers of young onions.
1. Crab sticks only lightly thaw and rub into a large crumb. You can grind them with a blender.
2. From a can of tuna fish, squeeze the liquid and mash the fish well.
3. Mix the prepared mass, add thin onion rings, salt, break the egg and mix everything well.
4. From the cooked mass sculpt the patties, sprinkle and roll in breadcrumbs and put in a freeze.
5. After half an hour, fry until a beautiful, appetizing crust.
Sardine Fish Cutlets with Rice
This is practically a classic. Such fish cutlets were served at pioneer camps and departmental canteens. They wrote coursework in culinary colleges and diversified holiday tables with them.
• high-quality “Sardines in oil” - standard, 250 gr. bank;
• large white onion;
• medium sized carrot;
• slightly more than half a cup of dry, coarse rice.
1. Remove the fish pieces from the jar and carefully select the spinal and all small bones.
2. Boil rice in lightly salted water, strain all the water and, without washing, cool it, discarding it in a colander. 3. Finely chop the onion with a knife and grate the carrot. Save vegetables until softened in sunflower oil over medium heat and cool.
4. Mince boiled rice, pieces of fish and spasserovanye vegetables.
5. Add to your taste the selected spices, salt, break the egg and, slightly beating, prepare the cutlet mass.
6. Hooking up the mince with a spoon, with your hands, form small oblong semi-finished products. Roll in flour, fry them in vegetable oil, until crusty, crispy and crispy.
Canned fish cutlets - cooking tricks and helpful tips
• So that the cutlet mass with the addition of boiled cereals does not fall apart, they should not be washed after boiling.
• Fishcakes are more lush if the egg is introduced in parts. First, the yolk and only then well whipped white.
• In order for the cutlets to be juicier and more tender, onions are recommended to lightly spasseur on vegetable fat before adding to the stuffing.
• Cutlet mass with semolina before the formation of cutlets, it is desirable to withstand about twenty minutes, so that it is slightly swollen.
• Rice before connecting with the other components can be twisted in a meat grinder. Cutlets get tighter.
• Do not form large fish cakes. You cannot turn them over as they fall apart. With the same purpose, it is not recommended to fry fish cutlets from canned food in a large amount of oil.