Ham rolls are a great find for those housewives who don't want to spend the whole day in the kitchen preparing the festive table.
Snack has a lot of options for toppings for winter and summer menu.
Although it is not necessary to cook it only for the holidays.
Ham rolls are a great alternative to the already boring and boring sandwiches.
Especially for cooking you can use a variety of products, but here you can find the most successful options for toppings.
Ham Rolls - General Cooking Principles
Ham - the basis of the roll. And in order to make it, it is very important to chop the slices finely. If you do not know how to do this, then it is better to get ready-made cutting. Thin pieces bend well and do not crack. But you can buy a special knife for slicing slices, in the future it will still come in handy.
What products are used for the filling:
• cheeses of different types;
• vegetables, greens;
• meat products;
• canned food.
Fill the fillings with various sauces, sour cream or just mayonnaise. It is very important to make a thick filling, so that it does not flow out at the edges. Especially carefully need to be with fresh vegetables, which eventually let the juice. But in general, the rolls are not prepared in advance and rolled up just before serving.
Recipe 1: Ham rolls with cheese and garlic
The easiest and fastest version of the filling for ham rolls is garlic and cheese. You can prepare a snack in a few minutes. Cheese can take any, including melted.
• 8 thin slices of ham;
• 250 grams of cheese;
• 4-5 tablespoons sour cream;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• black pepper, parsley.
1. Grate the cheese on a fine grater. If processed cheese curds are used, then it is better to hold them before this for half an hour in the freezer. 2. Peel the garlic. Since we grated the grater, we grind the teeth with its help.
3. Add sour cream to the filling. This amount is calculated for hard cheese, but if a processed product is used, then we take a little less. The mass should not be liquid and spreading.
4. We cut 1 spoon of greens very finely and add to the filling, pour a little black pepper and mix.
5. We spread on the center of each piece of ham a strip of filling in the form of a roller, lift the edges and impose one on another. Fasten with a skewer or a toothpick.
6. Insert parsley leaves one by one into the open edges.
Recipe 2: Ham rolls with eggs and pickles
Spicy option filling on the basis of pickles. Also, ham rolls will need boiled eggs and cheese.
• 2 cucumbers;
• 70 grams of cheese;
• 10-12 slices of ham;
• 2 eggs;
• Dill greens;
• 2 cloves of garlic.
1. Chop cucumbers finely. If they are hard enough, you can rub. Then put the pieces in cheesecloth and slightly squeeze the juice.
2. Three eggs and cheese, chop the garlic.
3. Combine pressed cucumbers with garlic, eggs and cheese.
4. Chop the dill and put in the total mass.
5. Add some mayonnaise and mix. The filling should be thick.
6. Take the ham, put the stuffing, turn and ready!
Recipe 3: Hot ham rolls with mushrooms
For this snack you need fresh champignons or oyster mushrooms. But no less tasty is obtained with canned mushrooms. These ham rolls can be filled in advance, folded into an airtight container, and baked just before serving.
• 400 grams of ham;
• 200 grams of mushrooms;
• 150 grams of cheese;
• 2-3 tablespoons sour cream;
• 1 onion;
• 4 spoons of butter;
• to decorate greens.
1. Cut the mushrooms into thin slices, fry in a pan with the addition of 2 spoons of butter. As soon as the mushrooms are rosy, you need to put in a bowl. 2. Add 2 more spoons of butter to the pan and fry the onions.
3. Cheese three, mixed with mushrooms, onions and sour cream. A lot of salt, you can pepper.
4. Cut the ham into thin slices, stuff the rolls and fasten with wooden toothpicks.
5. Put the blanks on a small baking sheet and send to the oven for 3 minutes to melt the cheese and lightly grill the ham. At the request of the rolls on top, you can also tart with hard cheese.
6. Similarly, you can cook a snack in the microwave, but then you will not get a fragrant crust.
Recipe 4: Ham rolls with crab sticks
Easy and simple toppings for ham rolls based on crab sticks. Similarly, you can use crab meat and even shrimp.
• 150 grams of crab sticks;
• 3 spoons of mayonnaise;
• 1 fresh cucumber;
• 3 eggs;
• 1 sweet pepper;
• greens at will.
1. Boil hard-boiled eggs. Then cut into small cubes.
2. Chop sticks as well as eggs, put everything in a bowl.
3. Remove the tips from the cucumber; if the peel is hard, then we clean. Cut into cubes.
4. We release the sweet pepper from the seeds, finely chop it too.
5. Combine all the ingredients, add mayonnaise, salt, stuffing, put some greens and mix.
6. Make rolls of ham and turned out lettuce, fasten the tip with a skewer and the appetizer is ready!
Recipe 5: Korean carrot ham rolls
Another win-win version of ham rolls with spicy filling. You can use classic Korean carrot or with various additives: asparagus, eggplant, mushrooms, bell pepper.
• 200 grams of carrots in Korean;
• 2 processed cheese;
• 8-10 sprigs of parsley;
• 8-10 slices of ham;
• 1 clove garlic.
1. With Korean carrots, you need to drain the marinade or just squeeze with your hands. Then put on a cutting board and cut with a knife so that the straw was shorter. 2. Rub the cheese, finely, also three garlic.
3. Mix cheese with garlic and Korean carrots.
4. Start the slices of ham, put a sprig of parsley on top so that the tips peeking around the edges.
5. Twist the roll, fasten the tips.
Recipe 6: Exotic ham rolls with chicken
Delicate and fresh stuffing for rolls perfectly combined with ham. And walnuts make snacks especially fragrant.
• 1 chicken leg;
• 3 canned pineapple rings;
• 50 grams of nuts;
• 3-4 spoons of mayonnaise;
• 2 eggs;
1. Fill the leg with water and cook until cooked. Then remove from broth, cool, remove skin and bone. Dice the meat.
2. Boil hard boiled eggs, three grated.
3. Pineapple cut into cubes, mix with the other ingredients.
4. Cut the nuts with a knife and add to the filling.
5. Put mayonnaise, mix and taste. Add salt if needed. Greens and pepper with this filling are not combined.
6. Put a spoonful of filling on each piece of ham, roll up the roll, fix the edge.
Recipe 7: Ham rolls with prunes
For the preparation of this snack you need pitted prunes. If the fruit is too dry, you can soak it in warm water, and then squeeze.
• 150 grams of processed cheese;
• 80 grams of prunes;
• 1 fresh cucumber;
• 2 spoons of mayonnaise;
• 300 grams of ham.
For decoration and decoration of the dish, lettuce leaves and parsley sprigs will be needed.
1. Cut the prunes into strips. The thinner the better.
2. Three grated cheese.
3. At the cucumber, remove the tips and also cut into strips. You can use the grater for carrots in Korean.
4. Mix all ingredients, add mayonnaise and mix. If necessary, then salt. If the filling seems dry, then do not worry. A cucumber still make juice.
5. Cut the ham into thin slices, put the stuffing and wrap the rolls. Put parsley on the open edges. 6. We transfer the rolls to a dish with greens and you're done!
Recipe 8: Ham rolls with Philadelphia cheese and horseradish
Instead of cheese “Philadelphia” you can use any other soft cheese, it also turns out delicious.
• 300 grams of cheese;
• 2 tablespoons of grated horseradish;
• black pepper;
• any greens.
1. Put the cheese in a bowl and knead well with a fork.
2. Add shredded horseradish.
3. Cut fine greens and add to the filling.
4. Mix everything well and put on ham slices. Twist the rolls. The tips are fastened with skewers.
Recipe 9: Ham rolls with cabbage
A wonderful snack with a fresh and light taste. If you use lean ham and replace mayonnaise with sour cream, you get a dietary option.
• 10 slices of ham;
• 150-200 grams of cabbage;
• 0.5 carrots;
• 1 processed cheese;
• 1 spoon of mayonnaise;
• 2 spoons of green peas;
1. Shred cabbage finely, salt it, grind it with your hands, but not much, just to reduce the volume of the mass.
2. Three carrots and add to the cabbage.
3. Put the grated processed cheese and green peas there. You can use both fresh and canned.
4. Fill the filling with mayonnaise, you can put a little green.
5. On slices of ham put the resulting salad and spin rolls.
Recipe 10: Fried ham rolls
For the preparation of these unusual rolls will need a thin Armenian lavash and quite a bit of time. The appetizer is very aromatic, with a crispy crust and cheese flavor. Perfectly suitable not only for a festive table, but also for an ordinary breakfast. The number of products “by eye”, as the size of the pita bread and the thickness of the ham is different for everyone.
• pita bread;
1. Spread pita bread, sprinkle with grated cheese. You can use processed cheese and just grease the canvas with a thin layer. 2. Lay out the slices of ham, you need them to be thin.
3. Twist the roll, cut into pieces of 10 cm in length. If the pita bread is big, then the rolls will be thick, and we don’t need it. Therefore, we immediately cut it into 2 parts.
4. Beat the egg with a fork, pour the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
5. Dip the rolls of pita in the egg, then roll in breadcrumbs and fry in a pan with butter.
Ham Rolls - Tips and Tricks
• To make ham rolls look spectacular and elegant, you need to lay them on a dish lined with lettuce leaves.
• If the filling turned out to be liquid and spreads, then add a boiled egg to it. This product is combined with any ingredients: fish, meat, cheese, crab sticks, fresh and canned vegetables. And in some situations can save the dish.
• To make shredded ham rolls, you can simply slice the slices with mustard from the inside, and then put the stuffing. Or put a little mustard on top of the filling and then twist the tube.
• Rolls will be especially beautiful and fragrant, if before cooking slices of ham lightly fry in a frying pan with a little butter.