Prague Cake is a chocolate dessert that is known all over the world. Still would! Perfect taste, extraordinary flavor, ease of preparation - this is only a small part of its merits.
Prague Cake - General Cooking Principles
Prague cakes are based on sponge cakes. Most often they are cooked on sour cream, less often they use classic egg sponge cake. Always add cocoa. Sometimes it is present in other ingredients: condensed milk, chocolate. Usually, one large cake is baked, which after cooling is divided into several identical layers.
Cream for dessert use sour cream, condensed milk or custard. It may also contain cocoa, coffee, sometimes add nuts. From above, it is customary to pour over the Prague torus with glaze.
Gostovsky Prague Cake (recipe with photos)
Recipe with a photo of a classic Prague cake according to GOST. That it was possible to buy in the Soviet pastry. It is important for dessert to use good cocoa powder, so that the taste is really chocolate.
• 6 eggs;
• 25 g of cocoa;
• 115 grams of flour;
• 150 g of sugar;
• 40 g of oil.
To prepare the cream:
• 10 g of cocoa;
• 160 g of condensed milk;
• 200 g of oil;
• 20 ml of water, vanilla.
For the glaze: 50 g of apricot jam, one hundred grams of butter and chocolate (cocoa content not less than 70%).
1. Immediately you need to melt the butter, cool to 25 degrees.
2. Divide the whites and yolks in different bowls. Beat the whites until fluffy foam with half the sugar. Beat the rest of the sugar with the yolks separately after the proteins.
3. We combine flour with cocoa.
4. Combine the yolks with proteins and flour, at the end pour in the previously melted butter. Quickly stir.
5. Now you need to pour the dough into a mold with a diameter of about 22 centimeters. Sent for half an hour in the oven. We bake at 200 degrees.
6. Take out the cake, cool. It is advisable to prepare the basis for the cake the day before, so that she could lie down for 5-8 hours. 7. Cooking cream for Prague. Pour the condensed milk into a saucepan, add water and yolk, stir. We put on the stove. You can immediately add vanilla and cocoa. Boil until thick. Cooling down.
8. Oil thoroughly whisk. To make it work, the product must be softened. We connect with the scalded mass, stir.
9. Cut the baked cake in three parts, divide the cream in half, coat with two middle layers.
10. Heat apricot jam, grease the cake from above and sides. Apply a thin layer, do not need much.
11. For the glaze you need to combine the butter with chocolate, melt until smooth. Pour icing on the cake, carefully work out the sides.
12. Leave for a couple of hours so that the dessert is soaked.
Prague Cherry Cake (recipe with photo)
For this Prague cake, the recipe from which photo is presented here, cherry berries will be needed. It is not necessary to take fresh, frozen, too. If the dessert is prepared for adults, you can sprinkle them with brandy, it will be even tastier.
• sour cream 220 grams;
• condensed milk with cocoa third of a can;
• eggs 2 pcs. 1 categories;
• flour 1.3 tbsp .;
• ripper 7 g;
• 175 g sugar.
• pack of unsalted butter;
• chocolate bar;
• 100 g of cherry jam or syrup;
• 250 g cherries;
• the remaining condensed milk.
1. Beat eggs with recipe sugar, add sour cream with condensed milk. Thoroughly mix everything, fill with flour with a ripper. Pour the dough into shape. Put the cake to bake in the oven, focus on the dry stick, the temperature is 180.
2. Beat butter, mix with chocolate condensed milk, you can optionally add vanillin.
3. Cakes are slightly spilled with jam or cherry syrup. Remove the bones from the berries. If the cherries are frozen, then after thawing they need to be slightly squeezed out, excess water in the dessert is not needed.
4. Lubricate the bottom cake cream, folds the cherries. Now comes the second layer, we coat the cake, cool it for 2 hours.
5. Melt the chocolate. You can add a little butter to make the icing softer. Pour the cooled cake on top, let it stand for another 15 minutes and can be served at the table! If desired, until the chocolate froze, you can spread the berries of the cherry on top.
Prague Cake (recipe with photo) with custard
Cake recipe with a rich chocolate flavor. The dessert is delicate, fragrant, but very easy to prepare.
• 5 whole eggs;
• 5 yolks;
• 0.5 Art. cocoa;
• 200 g of sugar;
• 0.4 kg of oil;
• glass of condensed milk;
• 0.2 kg of chocolate;
• 0.15 liters of cream.
1. Beat eggs into foam, add sugar to them in small portions. Making biscuit dough. As soon as its volume increases at least 2.5 times, add 150 g of melted, but not hot oil, stir. Pour the ripper into the flour, throw half the cocoa, stir it. Pour into beaten eggs. Pour the dough into the form, put the biscuit baked.
2. For the cream you need to beat the yolks with condensed milk, put in a water bath. We warm up until the mass is stronger. Remove, cool.
3. Leave 50 g of butter for the glaze. Beat the rest, add custard and condensed milk.
4. Cut the baked and cooled cake into three parts, sandwich the custard.
5. Melt the chocolate with the remaining oil, pour it over the top.
Another Prague Prague Cake (recipe with photo)
The second version of the Prague Prague cherry cake: recipe, photo, detailed description. Cocoa dough, chocolate brownies. Cherries need a lot to get to lay the berries in two layers. If you use canned berries, the juice should be well drained.
• a glass of sugar;
• bank of condensed milk;
• 2 spoons of cocoa;
• two eggs;
• 500-700 g cherries;
• 1.5 Art. flour;
• a glass of sour cream;
• pack of unsalted butter;
• bag ripper;
• 80 g of any jam;
• 50 g butter for the glaze;
• chocolate bar.
1. In a bowl, break the eggs, add sugar and sour cream. Open a can of condensed milk, pour a third into the dough. Mix it all together with a mixer for 2-3 minutes. Add flour with cocoa and immediately fall asleep ripper. Stir the dough, pour into a pre-prepared form. We bake cakes at 180 about 35-40 minutes. Cooling down.
2. For the cream, beat the remaining condensed milk and butter. Melt half of the chocolate, add to the cream, stir quickly. 3. We cut the cooled cake into three pieces, we coat with cream, we lay out the cherry berries, released from the seeds. We collect, thus, the whole cake.
4. Top grease jam. Apply a thin layer. Well, if there is cherry jam. But apricot or apple is also great.
5. We melt the remaining chocolate, pour over the cake or gently coat it. We do as you like.
Prague Nut Cake (recipe with photos)
Walnuts are best used for this cake. The cream is made from sour cream, it should be thick and oily. If not, you can add a thickener or a little loose gelatin.
• 1.5 Art. Sahara;
• 1.5 Art. flour;
• cocoa 3 spoons;
• 0.5 Art. nuts;
• a glass of sour cream.
• 250 g sour cream;
• a glass of sugar.
You will also need 70 grams of chocolate, 40 grams of butter and 100 grams of nuts.
1. For the test, beat the eggs, sugar and sour cream. Stir well. You can wield a mixer. Add cocoa and chopped nuts immediately, fill with flour and throw a teaspoon of slaked soda. All mixed, poured into a form, bake until dry sticks. Cool the cakes for at least three hours.
2. For cream, just whip sour cream and sugar. Keep in the fridge so that the dairy product does not melt.
3. Chop the nuts, fry in a griddle to reveal the flavor.
4. Cut the cooled cakes on layers, coat with sour cream, lightly sprinkle with nuts. Leave the part for the top clearance.
5. We melt chocolate with butter, we glaze Prague cake over the top, immediately sprinkle with nuts, until the coating is frozen. We leave the dessert for three hours to soak, it is better to stand in the refrigerator all night.
Prague cake with vegetable oil (recipe with photos)
An unusual recipe for Prague cake prepared with vegetable oil. But this is not the only feature of the recipe.
• 8 proteins;
• 10 yolks;
• 1.5 Art. flour;
• cocoa 0.3 glasses;
• sour cream glass;
• 2.5 tsp. ripper;
• 8 tablespoons of condensed milk;
• oil 0.4 kg; • 280 g of sugar;
• chocolate bar;
• 1 tsp. solution. coffee;
• rast. oils 100 ml;
• glass of water.
1. Pour? warm water in a bowl, add cocoa with coffee, stir until all the grains are dissolved.
2. Beat five yolks and sugar with a mixer until all the lumps disappear. Add vegetable oil. It should be odorless, otherwise the cake will smell like seeds.
3. Now add to the dough the prepared mixture of coffee and chocolate, stir. Pour flour and baking powder.
4. Pour proteins into a clean bowl, whip to a strong foam with a small pinch of salt. Shift in chocolate dough, stir.
5. We shift in the form, we bake 45 minutes at 160 degrees. Then turn off the oven, slightly open. As soon as the cake gets stronger, remove it, cool it completely and cut into three layers.
6. Cooking cream. To do this, mix a third cup of water that remains, with condensed milk and yolks, add grated chocolate. Send all together in a water bath, cook until thick. Cooling down.
7. Beat the butter, mix with chocolate cream, coat the cakes and leave the cake to soak.
Prague Cake - Tips and Tricks
• Prague cake can be covered with cream before the glaze, but the layer needs to be cooled well. Otherwise, it may melt from the warm chocolate.
• You can add cherry to any Prague cake, but it should not contradict the taste of the dessert.
• If you are afraid that the cake will not rise or settle, then it is better to be safe. To do this, you can simply add more baking powder to the dough.