Custard cream is one of the cheapest and tasty options. A huge amount of recipes. What only it is not added, and sometimes removed. For example, prepare a sweet treat without oil. Let's try?
Butterless Custard - General Cooking Principles
The cream always has a milk base. You can not save on it. Otherwise, taste will suffer. Be sure to add sugar, you can take powder. Sometimes there is natural honey or syrup, molasses, condensed milk.
What is used for density:
All ingredients are combined in a specific sequence and warmed up. It is best to use a water bath, but it turns out long. Therefore, most often cooked delicacy on the stove in a saucepan. As soon as the cream begins to thicken and "spit" it should be immediately removed from the fire. After cooling, it will become even thicker and richer.
Vanilla Custard Cream
The classic recipe for vanilla custard without butter on flour and yolks. The mass is thick, rich, suitable for any cakes and pastries.
• 4 yolks;
• 2 tablespoons of flour;
• 2 tbsp. milk;
• 1 tbsp. Sahara;
• 1 bag of vanilla.
1. Yolks are carefully separated from the proteins, immediately placed in a saucepan.
2. First mix the sugar with flour, then add to the yolks. Rub it all together so as not to form lumps.
3. Add milk, mix again and transfer to the stove.
4. Cook the cream for about 7-10 minutes, do not go far. As the mass thickens, it will have to be stirred more often, and by the end of the preparation it should be done continuously, otherwise the mass will burn.
5. Pour the vanilla, remove the thick cream from the heat. Cool slightly, but can be completely cooled. Does not matter.
6. Immerse the mixer, beat for a couple of minutes to make the product more lush, tender, uniform.
Custard without butter on starch
Formulation without flour on potato starch. Corn starch can also be used if it can be found, since it is much less common for sale. Instead of vanilla, you can take any essence, add a little zest or cinnamon.
• 500 ml of milk;
• 3 yolks;
• 3 tablespoons of starch;
• 200 g sugar.
1. Separate half a cup of milk, add starch, stir. If the milk is warm, then clots will form immediately and nothing will work out.
2. Mix yolks, sugar and the remaining milk, beat until smooth, set to cook on the stove, do not forget to stir the future cream from time to time.
3. As soon as the mass becomes hot, we introduce a thin stream of diluted starch. From this moment on, we do not move away from the pan. We constantly stir the mass, which quickly thickens at the edges and at the bottom.
4. We throw vanilla, you can use essence or vanilla sugar. Remove from heat.
5. Chill, optionally whip.
Chocolate-free custard with a tile
There are many variants of butter-free chocolate custards. This one is prepared with a tile that also contributes to thickening. It is important that chocolate contains at least 70% cocoa, in which case the taste will be saturated.
• 600 ml of milk;
• 2 yolks;
• 80 g chocolate;
• 1.5 Art. Sahara;
• 2 tablespoons of flour.
1. Mix flour and sugar, stir it, add chicken yolks and pour milk in parts.
2. We put on the stove, cook ordinary custard.
3. Chocolate break into small pieces and at the very end add to the cream.
4. Remove from heat and stir vigorously, waiting for the pieces to completely dissolve.
5. Cool the cream, but do not cool it. In the refrigerator, it will harden strongly, it will become hard, it will look like chocolate paste.
Custard without condensed milk butter
No milk? Do not need! Yes, and sugar is also not needed for condensed milk custard. This delicacy will differ in taste, but it will not spoil it, on the contrary, many even like this option more. Ingredients
• 1 can of condensed milk;
• 200 ml of water;
• 1 yolk;
• 1.5 tablespoons flour;
1. Pound the yolk with flour, introduce condensed milk first. Stir well.
2. Now enter the water, dilute the mixture.
3. Sent to the stove, cook over moderate heat.
4. We fill with vanillin or any other fragrance.
5. Thickened cream is removed from the heat, cooled, whipped if necessary for fluffiness.
Custard without Chocolate Butter with Cocoa
Another variation of chocolate cream. Its taste will depend directly on the quality of the cocoa. It is advisable to take a natural black powder intended for the preparation of desserts, and not for instant drinks like “Nesquik”.
• 0.5 liters of milk;
• a glass of sugar;
• 30 g of cocoa;
• 2 tablespoons of flour;
• 4 yolks.
1. Mix the sifted cocoa and flour, add sugar and some milk to it. We rub to homogeneity, similarity of chocolate cream should turn out.
2. Add the yolks that are separated from the proteins, rub with all the ingredients.
3. Dilute the chocolate mass with milk and immediately put on the stove.
4. Cook the cream until it becomes thick, homogeneous.
5. Cool, to taste, you can add ground nuts, vanillin. It goes well with chocolate cream brandy, 1-2 tsp is enough for this amount of dessert. alcoholic beverage.
Custard without banana butter
The recipe for universal cream that can be used to lubricate the cake, as a filling for pies. If you add chocolate chips, fresh berries or fruits, beautifully decorated, you get a beautiful independent dessert.
• 3 bananas;
• 400 ml of milk;
• pinch of ground cardamom;
• 70 g of sugar;
• 2 tablespoons of flour;
• 2 yolks;
• vanilla sugar 1 tsp.
1. We divide milk into two parts. In one add sugar, send to the stove.
2. Yolks combine with flour, grind, add vanilla and a pinch of ground cardamom, but you can without it. Dilute with milk. 3. Peel bananas, mash to a consistency. To make the cream thick and rich, choose ripe bananas.
4. Add the second mixture with yolks and flour to the boiling milk, stir, continue to warm up.
5. As soon as the mass begins to thicken, we spread bananas into it, warm it again.
6. Remove cream from heat, season with vanilla sugar, stir, cool.
7. Beat cold cream slightly with a mixer, use it as directed.
Biscuit with butter custard
Recipe ordinary biscuit, which is soaked in custard without butter. It can be prepared according to any of the above options. Korzh will be perfectly combined with all tastes, from banana, to vanilla and chocolate.
• 3 large eggs;
• pinch ripper;
• 700 ml custard cream;
• a glass of flour;
•? Art. Sahara.
1. Sift the flour. Add a pinch of ripper, which will secure in case the cake wants to settle or something goes wrong.
2. Break eggs into a clean and dry bowl, immerse the mixer, turn it on at maximum speed, beat the mass for about five minutes.
3. Gradually add sugar, whip sponge for at least 20 minutes. The foam should become thick, fluffy, white, at the bottom of a bowl of liquid eggs should not remain.
4. Pour the flour into the egg foam, stir with a spatula.
5. Pour the dough into a prepared form, the bottom of which is necessarily covered with parchment, oiled. The side parts simply lubricate.
6. We put baked. The optimum temperature is 175-180. If the form is less than 20 cm, then expose 160.
7. Cool sponge cake. It is advisable to let him rest for 5-10 hours. Then we take a long knife and cut the cake into several plates. It is desirable to get three.
8. Coat the cakes with custard, which must be prepared in advance and cooled. The top and sides of the dessert also need to be lubricated. Decorate at your discretion.
Eclairs with butter custard
Recipe air eclairs, which can be filled with any custard. Since the options will be used without butter, cakes do not get too fat and will be less calories. Cream may take a little more or less, depending on the degree of filling eclairs and the size of the internal cavity. Ingredients
• a glass of flour;
• glass of water;
• 100 g of oil;
• 4 eggs;
• 700 g of cream.
1. Boil a glass of water with oil and a pinch of salt. Remove from the heat, pour the flour and quickly stir with a spatula. Return to the fire and keep a little more, but do not stop stirring. The mass should get smooth.
2. Remove, cool slightly. The dough should be warm.
3. The most important point - the introduction of eggs. First add half, each time very well stirred. Then we enter on the whole egg.
4. Transfer the dough into a bag, cut off the tip and squeeze the eclairs onto the baking sheet. Approximate thickness is 2-3 cm, the length is not limited by anything, but it is usually made in the form of fingers. It must be remembered that the products will greatly increase in size, so leave enough space between them.
5. Bake until golden brown, temperature for custard cakes 200-210. Cooling down.
6. Fill the empty eclairs with cooked cream. It is more convenient to do this with a pastry syringe.
Butterless Custard - Tips and Tricks
• If there is no fresh milk or condensed milk, the cream can be boiled from diluted milk or cream of any fat content. It will be delicious too.
• If lumps appear in the cream, this is easy to fix. You can wipe the mass through a sieve. Even easier - whip until smooth consistency blender.
• If the cream does not want to thicken, you need to add more flour. It is diluted with cold water and added to the hot mass on the stove. It is important to quickly stir up the treat with a spoon.