It is difficult to find a person who does not like condensed milk. You can eat it just like that with bread, water pancakes and pancakes with it, use it to make sweet cream. Not all housewives know that there is another good use for this product: you can knead dough on it. Baking acquires unique notes that give this sweet milk supplement. Dough on condensed milk can be made for cake. There are also recipes for confectionery, in which condensed milk is the main ingredient.
The process of kneading dough for cake on condensed milk is simple, but you should know some of the features (rules).
- Most of the recipes for dough on condensed milk appeared in Soviet times, when this product was made according to GOST from whole milk and sugar. Other components in its composition was not. Now condensed milk is often sold in stores, cooked with the use of vegetable fats. Such a product for the preparation of dough should not be used, since the result is unpredictable. Therefore, carefully study the composition of condensed milk, indicated on the label, so you will save yourself from purchasing low-quality goods.
- A cake is a high-class confectionery product; it is unacceptable to use second-rate products for it. Flour for the dough should be chosen higher or at least of the first grade. The second grade has an unpleasant taste and gives the baking color gray.
- Flour of any grade and quality must be sieved before use. This is done not only to rid it of small litter and insect larvae. The main task is to saturate with oxygen: after sifting the flour becomes lighter, combines better with other products without forming lumps, and then the baking turns out to be airy.
- If the dough contains cocoa, it is recommended to sift it with the same purpose as the flour.
- Sugar in the dough on condensed milk is not added, otherwise the taste of the cake will become cloying.
- It is advisable to take the products that make up the flour base, which is made on condensed milk, out of the refrigerator in advance, so that by the time of kneading the dough they reach room temperature. Then it will be easier to achieve a uniform composition.
- The dough for the cake, kneaded on condensed milk, should be whipped with a mixer or at least a whisk before being placed in a baking dish. If you just stir it with a spoon, lush and tender baking is not obtained.
- If you want the dough to be even more airy, you should beat the egg whites and yolks separately and inject the proteins in the last stage of the dough. Proteins interfere with the spatula in the dough, making it move in a vertical direction, otherwise the protein foam will collapse and all the efforts of the culinary specialist to give additional lightness to the cake will be in vain.
- When baking cakes from dough on condensed milk, the form is placed in an already preheated oven, the cakes are baked until ready at 200 degrees for about 30 minutes. In order not to damage the cake, it is removed, until it has cooled. Thin cakes are baked for about 10-15 minutes.
Cake cream on condensed milk can be chosen at your discretion, but more often, preference is given to not too sweet versions. Some cake recipes provide for the selection of a specific type of cream, and for best results, it is better not to violate these recommendations.
A simple dough recipe for cake on condensed milk
- condensed milk - 0, 45 ml;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- wheat flour - 0, 6-0, 7 kg;
- soda - 5 g;
- Table vinegar (9%) - 5-10 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Remove eggs and condensed milk from the refrigerator beforehand to make them easier to mix.
- Pour the condensed milk into a bowl, break an egg into it. Beat the products with a mixer, getting a homogeneous mass.
- Add the vinegar-baked soda, whip the mass again.
- Sift flour. Gradually pour it to the condensed milk and stir to prevent flour clumps from forming. When mixing the dough becomes difficult, put it on a floured board and finish kneading with your hands. As a result, the dough should not be sticky.
- Give the dough to rest for half an hour, then divide it into 7-8 parts, roll it into cakes with a diameter of 20-25 cm. Bake them in the oven until they have browned.
Sandwich cake made from such dough can be butter or custard.
Sponge cake on sour cream and condensed milk
- wheat flour - 0, 35 kg;
- condensed milk - 0, 25 l;
- sour cream - 0, 25 l;
- chicken egg - 3 pcs .;
- baking powder for dough - 5 g;
- ground cinnamon (optional) - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Sift flour, mix it with baking powder and cinnamon.
- Divide eggs into whites and yolks.
- Add sour cream and condensed milk to yolks. Beat with a mixer.
- Separately whisk the whites. To make them turn into a magnificent foam, they should be whipped with a dry whisk, the dishes should also be dry.
- Pour the flour to the bulk, stir so that there are no lumps and whisk with a mixer again.
- Stir proteins into the dough.
After that, the dough can be poured into a greased and sprinkled with breadcrumbs and baked. The resulting biscuit is cut into 2-3 pieces and layered with cream. In this way, a chocolate cake can also be made - it is enough to replace 50 g of flour with the same amount of cocoa powder.
Dough for Stella cake with condensed milk
- chicken egg - 5 pcs .;
- boiled condensed milk - 0, 25 l;
- wheat flour - 0, 4 kg;
- baking powder for dough - 10 g;
- vanillin - a pinch;
- butter - 100 g.
Method of preparation:
- Remove the food from the refrigerator in advance, as the oil should have time to soften.
- Break eggs into a bowl, add boiled condensed milk and butter to them. Beat them with a mixer.
- Mix sifted flour with baking powder and vanilla.
- For half a cup, add the dry mixture to the bulk and beat the dough with a mixer until a homogeneous composition is obtained, until the flour is finished.
It remains to put the dough in a greased form and bake at a temperature of 200 degrees for 30-35 minutes. As a cream for the cake "Stella" use cream from a pack of butter and cans of boiled condensed milk, whipped together. Decorate the cake with crushed nuts, ideally with almonds and hazelnuts.
The dough made on condensed milk has a unique taste, baking it makes it soft and airy. You can make different cakes out of it by sandwiching them with different creams. As a result, you can create a confectionery product, which has no analogues.