Sweet is loved not only by children. Cake "Drunk Cherry" is invented for adult sweets. Make it out of chocolate sponge dough. The main feature is the filling of berries soaked in alcohol with a delicate cream. The result is a delicacy with a heady taste and seductive aroma. The combination of sour cherry, sweet cream and chocolate sponge cake can hardly leave anyone indifferent.
Cake "Drunk Cherry" can be bought not in all stores, so the cooks who are not indifferent to this dessert, there is nothing left but to learn how to bake it yourself. The process of cooking a delicacy is long, it requires certain skills, but even for an inexperienced hostess it can turn out tasty and beautiful from the first time, if she knows and takes into account several things.
- Cherry for dessert can be used both fresh and frozen. In the stuffing put the berry, always cleaned of stones. Remove the bones will help a special device or a normal pin. The pin is immersed in the berry in the place where the branch was, pick up the bone from the bottom and push it out.
- If you use fresh cherries for the filling, do not rush to clean it all - leave a few berries with bones and sprigs to decorate the dessert. Soak them better separately. When using frozen berry for the filling, they use a cocktail cherry to decorate.
- Biscuit will be more airy if the egg yolks and whites are whipped separately and injected protein foam at the last moment, interfering with a spatula with vertical movements. This can be done, even if the recipe does not provide for the separation of eggs into proteins and yolks before use.
- Bake a biscuit in a detachable form, from which it will be easy to remove. The bottom of the form is covered with parchment, but the sides of the form are not covered with paper so that the sides of the cake are not uneven. If you do not have a special form, you can use the usual one, but you will have to take the baking out of it very carefully so as not to damage it.
- It is not necessary to lubricate the sides of the mold - the biscuit may not rise due to this.
- Before you put into the oven the form with biscuit dough, you need to heat it up to 180-200 degrees. Baking time will be 30-35 minutes, until this time the oven cannot be opened, otherwise the biscuit will drop. Then you can check its readiness with a toothpick by dipping it into the dough: if the sponge cake is ready, the toothpick will remain dry.
- The “Drunk Cherry” Cake Cream is different, but it is important that it is based on quality products.
- The technology of making a drunk cherry cake involves cutting off the top of the cake and extracting the pulp from it, which is combined with cream and cherry-soaked in alcohol and returned to the cake, covered with a biscuit “lid” and covered with chocolate icing. Alcohol in which the berries are soaked is not poured, but is used to soak the sponge cake.
- When removing the crumbs from the biscuit cake, you need to be careful. In order not to damage the sides and the bottom, their thickness should remain around 1, 5 cm.
- Most chocolate sponge cake recipes for Drunk Cherry cake are designed for a shape with a diameter of 22-24 cm. If you have a larger diameter, the prescription quantity of products must be proportionally increased, otherwise the cake will be too low, filling it with filling will be difficult.
Before serving, the “Drunk Cherry” cake is placed in the refrigerator for a few hours so that it can soak in time.
The classic recipe of the cake “Drunk cherry” (with cream of butter and condensed milk)
- flour - 0, 2 kg;
- chicken egg - 6 pcs .;
- sugar - 0, 3 kg (including 50 g for the glaze, 0, 25 kg for the dough);
- cocoa powder - 100 g;
- butter - 0, 25 kg (including 30 g for the glaze, 0, 22 kg for the cream);
- baking powder for dough - 7 g;
- condensed milk - 0, 3 l;
- cherry - 0, 3 kg (including 50 g for decoration, 0, 25 kg for the filling);
- cognac - 100 ml;
- dark chocolate - 160 g;
- cream with fat content of 20% - 0, 2 l.
Method of preparation:
- Cherry wash. Let it dry. Separate 50 g of the most beautiful berries, fill them with 20 ml of brandy. Free the remaining cherries from the seed, pour the remaining alcohol. Put the berries in the fridge. Soaking cognac in cognac should be at least 5 hours, it is even better to leave the berry in alcohol for a day.
- Break eggs into a bowl. Beat with a mixer. Continue to beat, add sugar. The total whipping time should be at least 5 minutes. The mixture during this time should turn white and increase in volume.
- Sift flour, mix it with baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Pour the liquid mixture to dry. Stir with a spoon until smooth, without lumps.
- Beat the dough slightly with a mixer, but at low speed.
- Lay parchment on the bottom of the split form. Put in the form of biscuit dough.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees, put the form in it with the future biscuit.
- Bake for half an hour without opening the oven. Check the readiness of the match. If the sponge cake is not ready, continue baking it for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the sponge cake from the oven, let it cool, remove it from the mold.
- Cut off the upper part about 1, 5-2 cm thick at the cake. Cut the lower cake along the perimeter, stepping back from the edge of 1, 5 cm. Carefully remove the crumb, leaving a bottom at least 1, 5 cm thick.
- Drop the cherry on a sieve, let the brandy mixed with cherry juice flow down.
- Soak the top and bottom of the cake with this liquid. The rest of the alcohol pour crumbled crumb.
- Remove the butter from the refrigerator before baking the cake so that it softens. Set aside some butter for making the glaze, whisk the rest with a mixer.
- Gradually pouring condensed milk and whipping, prepare a lush cream. A couple of three spoons set aside to decorate the finished cake.
- Put cherries and soaked crumb into cream. Mix well with a spatula.
- Place the filling in a biscuit “plate”. Lightly tamp it and smooth it. Cover with the top of the cake. Temporarily put the cake in the fridge.
- Finely chop chocolate with a knife or chop on a grater.
- Mix cream with sugar. Heat them over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the cream from the heat, put chocolate chips to them. Stir with a spatula until the chocolate is dissolved.
- Add butter, keep stirring until it melts and spreads evenly in the glaze.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator. Place it on the grill. Put a large dish under the trellis or lay a parchment.
- Pour icing on the cake until it is completely covered. Wait a little until the frosting hardens, shift the cake to a clean, dry dish.
- Put the cream in the culinary bag, decorate the cake with them, making ribs or turrets. Spread whole cherry berries.
Put the cake in the fridge for 2-3 hours. During this time, the sponge cake is well soaked in brandy, and the cream has time to harden. Serve cake can be tea or separately. It turns juicy and tasty in itself.
Drunk Cherry Cake with Custard
- chicken egg - 4 pcs. (including 3 pieces for the test, 1 piece for cream);
- milk - 0, 55 l (including 0, 3 l for the dough, 0, 25 l for the cream);
- sugar - 0, 3 kg (including 0, 25 kg for the dough, 50 g for the cream);
- flour - 0, 43 kg (including 0, 4 kg for the test, 30 g for the cream);
- butter - 150 g (including 100 g for the cream, 50 g for the glaze);
- hot water - 150 ml;
- cocoa powder - 0, 25 kg (including 0, 2 kg for the dough, 50 g for the glaze);
- baking powder for dough - 15 g;
- vegetable oil - 150 ml;
- starch - 30 g;
- icing sugar - 80 g;
- fresh or frozen cherries (pitted) - 0, 25 kg;
- berry tincture on cognac (preferably cherry) - 120 ml;
- cocktail cherry - for decoration;
- dark chocolate - 100 g.
Method of preparation:
- Fold stoned cherries into a jar, pour tincture and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Mix sifted flour with cocoa and baking powder, add 0, 25 kg of sugar, mix. Place the dry mix in a large bowl.
- Separately combine three eggs, 0, 3 l of milk and vegetable oil. Whisk with a whisk.
- Pour the liquid mixture into a bowl of flour and sugar. Mix well. The dough at this stage should be viscous, like porridge. If it seemed to you too liquid, add flour, mix again.
- Boil water, pour boiling water into the dough, mix it well.
- Lay parchment on the bottom of the form, put the dough in it.
- Place the form with the dough in the oven preheated to 200 degrees, bake until the match is dry. You can begin to check the readiness of the biscuit after 40 minutes, before this the oven door cannot be opened.
- Remove the sponge cake from the oven, let it cool for a while, take it out of the pan, put it on the wire rack and leave it to cool completely.
- Beat the egg with the remaining sugar until the mixture turns white.
- Add flour and milk. Stir until smooth.
- Place the container in a water bath or on a very slow fire. Heat, stirring constantly, until the cream thickens.
- Move the bowl to a bowl of cold water so that the cream has cooled faster.
- Add the softened butter in the amount of 100 g, whip the cream with a mixer.
- Remove cherries from the tincture, mix with cream.
- Cut off the top of the crust, remove the crumb from the bottom, crumble it and add to the cream.
- Pour 80 ml of tincture mixed with berry juice to make a glaze. The remaining alcohol soak cakes.
- Fill the bottom of the biscuit with cream, cover with the top.
- Melt butter in a water bath, add brandy and caster sugar to it. Then enter cocoa. When the mixture is smooth, add the broken chocolate. When it melts, enter the starch. Wait until it disperses, and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Cover the cake with chocolate icing, garnish with cocktail cherries and put in the fridge for a few hours.
The cake for this recipe is no less tasty than the classic one, but it has a slightly lower calorie content.
Simple recipe for drunk cherry cake from ready-made cakes
- dark biscuit cake layers (chocolate) - 0, 4 kg;
- cherry (pitted) - 0, 2 kg;
- liquor - 80 ml;
- sour cream - 0, 25 l;
- fine sugar or powdered sugar - 100 g;
- cottage cheese or curd cheese - 0, 2 kg;
- cream with fat content of 33% - 0, 2 l;
- dark chocolate - 0, 2 kg.
Method of preparation:
- Soak cherries in liquor for 4-5 hours. Take it out.
- Whip sour cream, sugar and cottage cheese together, mix with cherries.
- Pour over the cakes with liqueur left from under the cherry, cover them with cream (except the top one), fold them together.
- Heat the cream, add the chocolate broken into small pieces, wait for it to dissolve.
- Cover the cake with chocolate ganache.
It will not be superfluous to decorate a dessert with a cocktail cherry or cherry marmalade. You can also use whipped cream for decoration.
Cake "Drunk cherry" - an exquisite dessert for adults. However, it turns out delicious and without the addition of alcohol. If you are preparing a cake for children, you can not soak the cherries, but use cherry juice to soak the cakes.