Tequila is a strong alcoholic beverage, which is produced from the juice of blue agave by digestion and subsequent distillation. Blue agave grows only in Mexico, so making an alcoholic drink outside of this country is problematic. Tequila, cooked at home, will only imitate the real taste and color. However, if you try to follow the recipe and technology exactly, you can make a drink in an ordinary kitchen, which is almost indistinguishable from the original tequila by organoleptic qualities. Exotic plant craftsmen have guessed to replace the flower that grows on the window in almost any home. This is about aloe vera, belonging to the same family as blue agave.
Technology cooking homemade drink, taste like tequila, may be different. In some cases, the drink only insists on aloe, in others it is distilled. Knowing a few moments will allow you to get a good result, regardless of the method of cooking tequila at home.
- Aloe, on which the drink is drawn, has a bitter taste. Sugar helps to neutralize it. Do not sweeten tequila is possible only if the technology involves the subsequent distillation of the drink.
- Homemade tequila has a greenish tint. It is given to the drink by the presence of chlorophyll. If you want to get rid of the shade, unusual tequila, the drink must be poured into a container of transparent glass and left in the light. After a few days, the green tint will disappear.
- If a homemade aloe vera drink is not distilled, its taste will depend heavily on the quality of the alcohol base. Homemade tequila made from vodka, diluted alcohol, moonshine. The best product, according to experts, is obtained from moonshine, but only if it has passed double distillation and has been well cleaned.
- At home, many people grow American agave without even realizing it and mistakenly mistaking it for aloe. It can be recognized by its thick and short stalk, a bluish wax bloom on leaves ending in spikes. If you managed to find such a plant, replace it with aloe when cooking tequila, taking the same amount. The result will pleasantly surprise you.
Drinking homemade tequila should be the same as the original: with salt and lemon. Then its taste will be almost indistinguishable from the Mexican blue agave drink.
“Golden” tequila from vodka
- aloe vera (leaves) - 50 g;
- vodka - 1 l;
- cane sugar - 5 g.
Method of preparation:
- Cut the fresh leaves of aloe vera. Wash them, blot them with a napkin. Cut the aloe into small pieces, fold into a glass jar or bottle of suitable volume.
- Add sugar, add half a liter of vodka.
- Close the container tightly. Shake it vigorously to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the remaining vodka, shake gently.
- For 2 weeks, place the jar in a cool place protected from light. Shake it daily and put it back in place.
- When the right time has passed, strain the drink through gauze folded in several layers. Through a funnel pour into a bottle of clear glass. Close the container tightly and place on the window.
In 2-3 days the drink from greenish will turn into yellowish. In taste and appearance, it will resemble “golden” tequila.
Silver tequila at home
- aloe vera leaves - 100 g;
- vodka - 1, 5 l;
- purified water - 1, 5 l.
Method of preparation:
- Wash, dry with a napkin the leaves cut from aloe vera. Finely chop them with a knife, put in a two-liter jar.
- Fill aloe with vodka.
- Close the jar, shake it several times. Put in a cool dark place. Shake the jar daily to mix the contents.
- After 2 weeks, strain the tequila through a cotton pad.
- Mix the resulting tincture with water in an equal ratio.
- Place the liquid in the still cub. Overtake
Tequila prepared according to this recipe will be transparent, however, in terms of richness of taste and aroma, it is much inferior not only to the original drink, but also to the homemade one made according to the previous recipe.
Tequila on moonshine
- good quality moonshine - 1 l;
- concentrate for the preparation of tequila - according to the instructions on the package;
- oak chips - 50 g.
Method of preparation:
- Oak slivers poured into the jar.
- Add tequila shop concentrate, fill with moonshine.
- Shake up. Close the jar, place it in a dark and cool place.
- Insist for 2 weeks, occasionally shaking.
- Filter through gauze folded in several layers.
- Fill the bottles with a drink, close them tightly, and leave them in a bright room.
After three days, homemade tequila, cooked in moonshine, is ready for tasting. According to the technology of preparation, this version of home tequila is more close to the original, since real tequila, like moonshine, is produced by distillation. Gourmets say that the taste of the drink made according to the above recipe is similar to Niejo tequila.
If you were unable to purchase a concentrate for making tequila, chop 50 g of fresh leaves of aloe vera with a blender, squeeze the resulting puree through a thin fabric. Mix squeezed juice with a teaspoon of cane sugar. The resulting syrup is quite able to replace the store concentrate.
Homemade alcohol tequila
- pure ethyl alcohol, preferably the category of “extra” or “luxury” - 0, 25 l;
- distilled water - 0, 5-0, 75 l;
- aloe vera juice - 50 ml;
- sugar - 5 g.
Method of preparation:
- Sugar type in a tablespoon, hold it over an open fire.
- When the sugar has melted, mix it with aloe juice. It can be purchased at pharmacies or cooked by hand, chopping aloe to a state of mashed potatoes in a blender bowl, and then squeezing through folded gauze. Sugar not only neutralizes the bitter taste of aloe, but also gives the drink a pleasant amber hue.
- Pour the mixture into the jar.
- Mix alcohol with water in a one-to-one ratio, pour aloe juice and melted sugar with the resulting alcohol mixture.
- Insist in a cool and dark place for 14 days, occasionally shaking the contents of the jar.
- Strain the infusion, dilute with water in the ratio that you see fit. The less water you add, the stronger the finished drink will be and the stronger its unique taste and aroma will be expressed.
- Mix the drink well, bottle it. Leave the room for a few days, no longer protecting tequila from the light.
After a while, the drink will acquire the proper “golden” tequila hue, and then it will be possible to offer it to friends. The likelihood that someone will find a substitute is extremely small.
Real tequila is not cheap, and not all people who like the taste of this Mexican blue agave drink can buy it as often as they like. Growing blue agave in our climate is problematic: even if the plant brought from Mexico miraculously takes roots, it does not succeed in hibernating in our area. Resourceful tequila lovers have invented to replace the blue agave with its relative from our places - aloe vera. On the leaves of this plant insist vodka, alcohol and moonshine, resulting in a drink, organoleptic qualities almost identical to this tequila. Homemade tequila does not cost much, and only a few are able to notice the substitution. Homemade tequila can be tasted in its pure form or used to make cocktails.