Fish casserole - general principles and methods of cooking
Fish is an important element of a healthy diet. It is rich in essential vitamins and trace elements necessary for a full life. Since fish meat contains a small amount of connective tissue, it is very easily digested. At the same time, the fish is not too high in calories, so it is part of many diets, including medical ones.
However, not everyone likes fish dishes, especially for children. Then come to the aid of such a dish as a casserole of fish. Fish casseroles can make a great main course for lunch or dinner. In addition to fish, for its preparation they use a filler for a casserole in the form of potatoes, zucchini (zucchini), carrots or fried mushrooms. When cooking fish casserole, the dish is seasoned with rosemary, ground nutmeg, black pepper, thyme. From above, the casserole is often poured with sour cream or eggs whipped with milk.
Fish Casserole - Food Preparation
As a rule, fish fillets are used to make casseroles, as in this case there is no need to peel and trim the fish. The fillet, from which the casserole will be prepared, should be washed and cut into small pieces.
The remaining components of the dish, most often - vegetables, should also be washed, cleaned and chopped according to the recipe. Cheese should be grated on a coarse grater.
Recipe 1: Salmon and Rice Fish Casserole
Very tasty and healthy casserole. The combination of fish with rice is considered to be almost perfect in cooking, and if you add it with asparagus beans and season with lemon and spices, you will get a truly delicious dish. Ingredients:
150 gr. long grain rice;
80 gr. hard cheese;
250 gr. salmon;
2 tbsp. l lemon juice;
150 gr. asparagus beans;
to taste dill, oregano and pepper.
1. Cut the salmon in small pieces, sprinkle it with oregano with a mixture of freshly ground pepper, sprinkle with lemon juice and leave in a bowl to a little marinate.
2. After washing the rice in several waters, boil it in salted water, so as not to let it boil soft (it is better not to boil it a little). We leave ready rice to cool.
3. Returning to the fish: pouring vegetable oil into the pan, lightly fry the salmon in it, literally within a few minutes, and add the asparagus beans to it, salt and pepper. Make the fire strong enough and heat the beans in a frying pan with fish for a few minutes with constant stirring.
4. Rub hard cheese on a coarse grater. Our rice is already cold by this time, mix it with an egg, half of grated cheese and dill.
5. Spread the mixture in baking molds, buttered, put the fish and beans on top, sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and bake for about 15 minutes to make a golden crust. Sprinkle with dill and decorate with thin slices of lemon.
Recipe 2: Fish Casserole with Onions, Carrots and Cheese
This fish casserole is good because you can add any kind of vegetables when cooking it, based on your taste. It can combine fish not only with onions and carrots, but also with peppers, tomatoes, etc. Thanks to the participation in the recipe of sour cream and mayonnaise, this dish is very satisfying.
500 gr. fillet of sea fish;
half a lemon;
3 tbsp. l mayonnaise sour cream;
100 gr. hard cheese;
to taste salt with herbs and spices.
Cooking Method: 1. Cut the fish fillet into small pieces, pour it with lemon juice, sprinkle with spices and leave to marinate.
2. We rub cheese on a coarse grater, finely chop the greens.
3. Peel the onions and carrots, cut them into rings. Fry the onions, then add the carrots there and simmer them together until soft, then add the chopped greens with mayonnaise, sour cream and grated cheese. Again, mix everything and lay out in the form. Bake in a well-heated hot oven for about half an hour.
Recipe 3: Bacon Fish Casserole
Tasty and nutritious dish. It has fish, bacon, cheese, vegetables - in one word, all in order to be a great start to the day or the main dish of a family dinner.
0.5 kg of potatoes;
300 gr. fish fillets;
100 gr. bacon;
150 gr. flour;
3 cloves of garlic;
2 bell peppers;
5 tbsp. l sour cream;
100 gr. hard cheese;
to taste greens with salt and spices.
1. Peel the potatoes, then boil it in salted water, make mashed potatoes. Mix it with flour, one egg and spices, knead the dough.
2. Peel and chop the onion and pepper, finely chop the garlic. Fry the onion in sunflower oil, add the chopped garlic with pepper, salt and season with spices.
3. Eggs slightly beat with sour cream. Bacon cut into thin strips. Cut fish into small pieces, put them in a bowl, transfer vegetables from the pan to the same place and mix everything with bacon, eggs whipped with sour cream, grated cheese, salt and season to taste.
4. Putting the potato dough in a greased form, form the sides, spread the prepared stuffing and bake in the oven for about half an hour. Serve warm casserole.
Recipe 4: Greek Fish Casserole
Greek style casserole can be called an easy-to-prepare dish, but a dish worthy of attention. Fish goes well with zucchini, this duet can be found in many recipes. The casserole turns out to be very tender and tasty, so the whole family will surely like the dish. Ingredients:
0.5 kg pollock fillet;
200 gr. milk;
100 gr. hard salted cheese;
2 medium zucchini;
3 small tomatoes;
1 red and 1 green bell peppers;
to taste parsley.
1. My fish fillet and cut into small pieces, salt and pepper.
2. Peel the squash and cut into long slices, cut the bell peppers and tomatoes into slices.
3. Beat eggs with milk into a homogeneous mass, adding salt, black pepper and favorite spices.
4. After smearing the baking dish with sunflower oil, lay the components in it in layers, alternating zucchini, fish, tomatoes and paprika.
5. Finely chop the parsley, pour it over the casserole, pour all the eggs, whipped with milk, and immediately put in a well-heated oven for baking for about half an hour.
6. While the casserole is in the oven, grate hard cheese on a fine grater. Then, taking the casserole, sprinkle it with cheese and return to the oven so that it will bake for about 15 minutes. When it is ready and cool, separate it with a knife from the sides, cut into pieces and serve on the table.
Fish Casserole - useful tips from experienced chefs
For the preparation of fish casserole suitable fillet of almost any marine fish. You can take and river, but, as you know, it contains a lot of bones, so for cooking, for example, casseroles for a child, river fish is not suitable.