Shortbreads baked at home can be made just for tea or taken with you for a quick and easy snack. They are served together with tea or milk. And for young mothers and their children, the preparation and molding of dough will be the best occupation and subsequent afternoon tea. Homemade breadcakes can be baked on milk test or sour cream.
Suitable for the base and simple water or kefir. The classic cooking option is easy to diversify with additional products - ground nuts, a spoon of unsweetened cocoa, a pinch of ground ginger or dried berries. Properly cooked biscuits are soft and just melt in your mouth!
Homemade Shortbreads - General Cooking Principles
It is permissible to use wheat flour, rye, flax or their mixture for the dough. Original shortbreads are obtained from cornflakes. To loosen the dough, take a special baking powder - baking powder. It is permissible to use ordinary baking soda, but with it the dough will be slightly grayish.
Dry components to interfere with the dough need to quickly, so that it does not linger. The dough should not stick to the hands, but it should not be made too dense, it should be soft and elastic. The batter for the cake should be a little thicker than greasy sour cream.
To supplement the baked cakes in the dough for them, you can put a pinch of some spices: ground ginger, nutmeg, a mixture of peppers, dried mint or oregano. Just do not get carried away, it will be enough 2-3 g of spices per 1 kg of dough.
Biscuits classic cut out a special mold for cupcakes. They can be solid or with a cut in the middle. The thickness of the cake is better to do at least 1.5 cm.
Try not to overdo the biscuits in the hot oven, otherwise they will be hard and not tasty. All they need there is to rise and redden. After 8 minutes at 200 ° C you can get a baking sheet and pierce one billet with a toothpick. If it easily enters the dough, and then remains dry - you did everything right.
Homemade shortbread - a classic recipe
• half a pack of butter;
• 110 ml of milk;
• a cup of sugar;
• a pound of flour (wheat);
• one egg;
• spoon of baking powder;
• bag of vanillin.
1. Soft cream butter with sugar and vanilla in a cup.
2. Break the egg and divide it into yolk and white. Leave the yolk to lubricate the billet blanks, and send the protein to the oil.
3. Whisk the creamy mass until the sweet particles are completely dissolved.
4. Sift the flour and baking powder directly into the liquid mass base. Knead the dough with your hands. It will be elastic and not tight.
5. Spread the dough on a clean table and roll it into a layer. What thickness will be your reservoir, such will be and the crackers. Thin they do not need. Enough 2 cm.
6. Take any notch and push it all over the reservoir. Form billet blanks.
7. On baking tray with low sides, put baking paper on it. Spread out the blanks. From the remaining dough mold a lump and roll out the layer again. Cut out some more biscuits and place them first on the baking sheet.
8. Use a brush to spread the surface of the blanks with egg yolk. Send them to the oven at 200 ° C for 8-10 minutes. More they do not need to keep there, otherwise they will be tough.
9. Before serving tea, they should be allowed to cool for a while.
• 200 g of cornflakes;
• 50 g of sugar;
• 20 g of wheat flour;
• two chicken eggs;
• A handful of seedless raisins;
• bag of vanilla;
• 5 g butter.
1. Rinse the raisins and put on a napkin to dry.
2. Break eggs into a bowl and beat with a blender until thick foam. First, make the speed small, then gradually increase it. Slow down again to the first one. Add sugar and vanilla in several passes.
3. Pour the flour and cornflakes into the frothy mass. Beat for a few seconds, just to mix the ingredients. 4. Enter the raisins into the dough. Using a spatula or spoon, mix the mass from the bottom up.
5. Grease a baking tray with butter. You can pre-cover it with food foil. Be sure that the breadcrumbs do not stick to it.
6. Spread a tablespoon of dough on a baking sheet, forming a round billet.
7. Clean the baking sheet in the preheated oven at 170-180 ° C for 20-30 minutes.
8. After a while, pull out the baking sheet and remove the crackers on a plate.
Homemade shortbreads on kefir
• a pound of wheat flour;
• a glass of kefir;
• a glass of sugar;
• a pack of margarine;
• two chicken eggs;
• 10 ml of sunflower oil;
• package of baking powder;
• a pinch of salt;
• A handful of peanuts.
1. Prepare the products. Margarine in advance pull on the table for softening. Sift the flour and baking powder through a sieve. Rinse peanuts in water, lay on a towel to remove moisture. Pour into a dry frying pan and fry until dry. Hands exfoliate dark skin. Next white pure nuts grind into small or large chips with a coffee grinder or in a blender bowl. If you want to replace peanuts with other nuts, follow the same procedure for preparing them. In addition to almonds. To remove dark, bitter skin from it, first scald them with boiling water.
2. Break eggs into a cup and mix with sugar. Add kefir and margarine. Stir and rub everything into a homogeneous structure. Enter the nuts.
3. Pour the flour into the liquid dough base and knead the dough.
4. Roll the elastic dough into a flat layer. Cut out any shape from it.
5. Take a baking sheet and spread it with butter. Spread out the shortbread. Send to a hot oven at 200 ° C for 10 minutes.
Homemade shortbreads with poppy
• 260 g of wheat flour;
• half a glass of sugar;
• 2-3 Art. l butter;
• 1 tsp. confectionery poppy;
• pinch of ground anise;
• two egg yolks;
• 20 ml of fat milk or cream.
Preparation: 1. Place yolks, butter and sugar in a cup. Spread until smooth.
2. In a stone or wooden mortar, crush the poppy. Mix it with anise.
3. Connect the poppy and oil-yolk mixture. Add flour and knead dough. Cover and refrigerate for 1-1.5 hours.
4. Cover the baking sheet with baking paper or food foil.
5. Lump dough roll into a cake thickness of 1-2 cm. Cut the shortbread. Put them on a laid pan. Lubricate the workpiece fat milk.
6. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. The temperature should be 180-200 ° C.
Homemade shortbreads with rye flour honey
• 40 ml of milk or cream;
• one egg;
• 30 ml of natural flower honey;
• baking powder bag;
• a glass of rye flour;
• 2 tbsp. l butter.
1. Mix liquid honey with butter. Add milk and one egg. Mix everything with a whisk or mixer.
2. Separately sift rye flour with baking powder. If desired, it can be taken twice as less, and the missing part can be replaced with ordinary wheat flour.
3. Connect the liquid and loose parts. Knead the dough. Ready to wrap a wrap film or foil. Leave in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
4. Remove the dough and roll out a round cake 1-1.5 cm thick. Push the shape of the figure with a special shape.
5. Put the blanks on a baking sheet or baking sheet. Send to preheated oven for 10 minutes (200 ° C). Watch the temperature, if it rises higher, the biscuits will be too dry.
Homemade shortbread on semolina
• 40 g semolina;
• 100 ml of flower honey;
• 300 g of wheat flour;
• pinch of nutmeg;
• pinch of dry ginger;
• one chicken egg;
• 50 g of sugar;
• 50 g butter (or margarine);
• a pinch of salt;
• 10 g baking soda.
1. Beforehand, get the butter out of the fridge; it must be soft.
2. Use a spatula to rub the butter with honey and sugar. Break the egg. Pour the semolina. Add dry ginger and nutmeg. If desired, these spices can be replaced by any other to your taste. 3. Next, leave the mixture to swell the grains of semolina for a quarter of an hour on the table.
4. Add salt and baking soda to the base. Stir.
5. Already, you can turn on the oven for heating to 180 °.
6. Begin to add flour in portions, mixing the mass each time. Knead the dough manually in the same bowl or on a clean table.
7. Com roll out with a rolling pin. Cut curly biscuits.
8. Transfer the blanks to a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes in a hot oven at 180-200 ° C.
Homemade Shortbreads - Tricks and Tips
• Butter, if desired, can be replaced with margarine.
• Dough preparation requires an accurate recipe, so follow the specified amount of ingredients.
• Homemade shortbreads are prepared mostly from shortbread dough. Knead it better with your hands and quickly. If you knead the liquid components with dry for a long time, the dough will be tightened and the cookies hard.
• To ensure that each product has a uniform ruddy color, brush the blanks with egg yolk, heavy milk, or cream.
• You can hold the finished dough for a while in the refrigerator, so it will be easier to make shortbreads from it.
• If you do not have a special mold for cutting the crusts, then you can simply use an ordinary saucer. Any other shape, ring, cut bottle, glass or glass without chipping, will also work.
• In order not to stick the shortbread to the baking sheet, it can be covered with special baking paper.