Tart is not a cake, but not cool.
Yes, and why twist it?
Apple pie, sandy, very sweet - the most “autumn” recipe! And yet, tart, this is an excellent basis for creativity.
Without abusing, you can try any options, over and above the basic apple filling - icing, chocolate, caramel.
You can use citruses, and even ... chocolates!
Tart with apples - general principles of preparation
• The basis of any apple tart - sand cake. There are a lot of recipes for shortbread dough, but the principle of kneading is one - rubbing your hands with a hand or chopping flour with butter into a crumb with a knife and further intensive mixing it with liquid ingredients: ice water, eggs or both.
• Apples are sliced into thin slices, in small pieces or slices. They are laid out on the surface of the spread out in the form of dough or cover them, after putting the pieces of fruit in the form. Often, sliced apples before stewing are stewed in sugar or glaze made from it. Other products are often added to the tartar stuffed with apples: nuts, chocolate, honey. Often decomposed apples pour fillings.
• Cakes are baked at about 180 degrees in the oven. The baking time depends on the specific type of tart and is always specified in the recipe.
Apple Tart - “Obsession”
• white flour, with a high level of gluten - 250 g .;
• 125 gr. butter, natural;
• three tablespoons of liquid cream;
• 125 gr. powdered sugar;
• four large dense apples;
• 100 gr. refined sugar;
• teaspoon crushed cinnamon in a mortar.
1. Mix the flour and powdered sugar and cross it through a sieve twice.
2. Add slightly softened butter cut into pieces and immediately intensively rub everything with your hands, forming a fine crumb. 3. Pour in the cold cream and knead the dough immediately. Put it in a bag and place it in a common chamber of the refrigerator for half an hour.
4. Peel apples, cutting them off with a thin knife or a special potato peeler. Cut the fruit in half and remove the seed box, trying to cut out all the partitions. Cut the halves into thin slices and slightly moisten with lemon juice.
5. Wipe the sides and bottom of a small round shape with a gauze swab dipped in vegetable oil and evenly distribute the cooled dough over it. Be sure to shape at the same time low sides.
6. Sprinkle the dough with half of the prepared sugar and place apple slices on it. Spread in a circle, slightly overlapping the pieces at each other: first a bezel of larger plates, then smaller, then smaller ones, and so on.
7. Sprinkle the cake with the remaining sugar mixed with cinnamon and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
The classic recipe for French tartare with apples, with double filling
• two eggs;
• 250 gr. butter, sweet cream;
• vanilla powder - 1 gr .;
• 300 gr. quality flour.
First apple layer:
• tablespoon of cinnamon;
• three apples, Golden variety;
• two spoons of sugar;
• small lemon;
• tablespoon of drinking water.
Second apple layer:
• Goldde Delicious apples - 2 pcs .;
• spoonful of plain water;
• four spoons of apricot jam.
1. Beat the eggs without mixing and separate the yolks.
2. Add and mix vanillin in the peeled flour, rub the butter on a large grater and quickly rub everything into the fine crumb. Add the yolks and again intensively mix everything with your hands to make a smooth dough. Roll it with a ball, wrap it in film and place it in a cold, general refrigerator compartment.
3. Cut the clean apples in half, remove the core and peel the skin. Cut apple pulp into cubes, smaller, and put in thick-walled stew-pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon, add water and stir over low heat, covered for about half an hour, until the pieces are softened and transparent. 4. Add lemon zest and continue cooking, but without the lid, to evaporate moisture. As soon as the apple juice is evaporated, immediately remove from the heat and leave to cool.
5. The first apple layer was prepared, now you need to prepare the second one. To do this, peel the apples, cut them into thin slices and moisten with lemon juice. Remember to remove the core from the fruit before chopping.
6. Place cooled dough between sheets of parchment paper, and roll out the cake, 6 cm wider and longer than the form, and half a centimeter thick. Gently transfer the dough, winding on a rolling pin, in the form and even on the bottom and sides, cut off the remnants.
7. Evenly, over the entire surface, prick the dough with a fork and place cooled stewed apples on it evenly. On top of it, spread out the thin plates beautifully so that each new one must slightly find the previous one.
8. Sprinkle tart sugar over the top and bake for 30 minutes.
9. While the cake is baked, prepare the icing. Mix the water with apricot jam and boil. Remove from the heat and grease the cake that has just been baked from the oven. When it is well cooled, free from the form and serve.
Caramel apple tart
• five tablespoons of ice water;
• a small pinch of salt;
• 175 gr. cream "Peasant" butter;
• high quality flour - 200 gr .;
• granulated sugar, refined - 150 gr .;
• one kilogram of apples.
1. Wash the apples, thinly cut off the skin and cut each along, four slices, remove the core.
2. Take the butter, cut 75 grams from the total piece, put in the pan and melt, and leave the rest into the freezer.
3. Melt the melted butter with an even layer of sugar and continue to simmer for minimum heat. As soon as the sugar begins to darken and acquire a light caramel shade, remove from the heat.
4. Dip apples into it and extinguish them on medium heat in caramel for seven minutes, then turn over and stand for another 8 minutes on the same heat. Remove from heat and set aside temporarily. 5. In a deep bowl, scatter the flour, add sugar, grate the butter with a large grater and mash it. In the resulting crumb make a recess, pour ice water into it and quickly knead.
6. Take a round shape, about 25 cm in diameter, evenly spread apples in it, with a convex part downwards and pour the caramel left in the pan.
7. Roll out the dough in a round layer with a diameter of 2 cm more form and gently shift it to the fruit, bend the edges downwards.
8. Set the oven temperature to 200 degrees. For 40 minutes, place the broiler in it. Remove it, put a flat plate on the form and turn it upside down.
9. Ready tart can be powdered with cinnamon on top, but this is optional.
Walnut tart with apples
For the test:
• 50 gr. sugar sand;
• one egg;
• 200 gr. high-quality flour.
• 100 gr. walnuts;
• hazelnut - 100 g .;
• sweet cream butter - 50 g .;
• refined sugar - 50 gr.
For 5 large apples:
• A spoonful of crushed cinnamon;
• 50 gr. sugar;
• butter 72% fat - 50 gr.
1. From flour, sugar and grated butter, according to the rules for kneading shortcake dough, prepare the crumb. Break an egg into it, knead the dough. Then cool by placing in the fridge for about 30 minutes and roll it out in a thin layer directly into the mold. Cover the dough with parchment, put peas on it and put it to bake for a quarter of an hour. Remove the prepared cake base from the oven and temporarily set aside.
2. Twist the nuts in a meat grinder, and mix the crumb with sugar. Then put it in melted butter in a pan and heat for 5 minutes while stirring. Remove from heat and immediately lay on the cooled base.
3. Thin slices of apples without peel and seeds. Add sugar with cinnamon, mix and let stand for 15 minutes.
4. After that, arrange the apples in a nut filling and put the cake in the oven for 35 minutes. 5. Pour the finished hot tar with honey, cool completely and cut into pieces.
Honey tart with apples and cedar kernels
• 200 gr. high-grade, sifted flour;
• 100 gr. frozen cream;
• fine salt.
• large lemon;
• sour, large apples - 3 pcs .;
• 200 gr. any light honey;
• three eggs;
• a small pinch of cinnamon powder;
• two umbrella carnations;
• A tablespoon of peeled pine nuts.
1. Flour, sifting, mix with salt. Cut the cold butter into small pieces, add to the flour and chop with a knife into small pieces. Collect in a tight ball and place in the refrigerator, in a package, for a period of one hour.
2. Scrape the lemon zest from the lemon using the finest grater, and squeeze the juice out of the citrus. Mix the zest and juice, add the eggs, a teaspoon of flour and cinnamon, mix. Remove the caps from the two umbrellas of the carnation, rub them with your hands. Add the clove powder to the mixture just prepared, put honey in it and mix well again. After 20 minutes, strain.
3. Cold-dough roll out a large round layer and cover the shape with it so that its sides are closed. Pierce the layer several times with a fork and place a dense layer of apples sliced into large plates on it, put it in the oven.
4. After a quarter of an hour gently, so as not to burn yourself, pour the honey mixture directly into the oven in the cake and leave it for another 35 minutes.
5. Ten minutes before readiness, sprinkle the kernel with cedar nuts.
Chocolate tart with cream filled apples
• flour - 200 gr .;
• 50 gr. sugar;
• teaspoon ripper;
• two tablespoons of ice water;
• one yolk.
For the filling:
• four large apples;
• two spoons of sugar;
• 100 gr. bitter, 74% chocolate;
• cream, homemade or simply high-fat - 150 ml;
• one egg + yolk. Cooking Method:
1. Slice the butter into pieces and place in a bowl. Add sugar, yolk, and, carefully rubbing, pour in a tablespoon of ice-cold water.
2. Pour the flour mixed with the ripper, add the remaining water. Immediately knead the dough and place it, wrapped in film, in the cold for half an hour.
3. Whip cream with sugar and eggs. On a large grater, rub the bitter chocolate. Peeled apples cut into thin slices.
4. Remove the frozen dough, roll it out with a thin layer and cover them with a greased form.
5. About a third of the chopped chocolate set aside. Leave plenty of dough and place apple plates on it with a fan.
6. Pour all the cream pouring and put in the oven. After 40 minutes, remove the finished tart, cool to normal and decorate with deferred chocolate.
Tart with apples - cooking tricks and useful tips
• If you knead the sand dough for a long time, the butter softens and melts from the warmth of the hands, resulting in a crust that is dense and not crumbly.
• Be sure to cool the shortbread after kneading, so that the melted butter is frozen.
• To make the tart easier to remove from the form, cover the form with parchment and only then line it with dough.