Apple Pie is the most popular homemade pastry, the aroma of which will not leave anyone indifferent. Each housewife has her own signature recipe for apple pie.
Apple pie step-by-step recipe - basic cooking principles
There is a huge number of options for making this baking, from simple charlottes to complex apple cream pies. The cake can be closed, open or flood.
Apple pie is a step-by-step recipe baked from puff, kefir, biscuit, cottage cheese, shortbread or yeast dough.
Puff pastry can be cooked by yourself, or use the store. Quick or jellied cakes are baked from batter based on sour cream, eggs, kefir, etc.
Apples for the filling can be fresh or canned. For the cake is better to use sweet and sour varieties. Ideally suited for this Antonovka. For a change, raisins, cinnamon, chopped walnuts, lemon zest or cardamom are added to the apple filling.
From the ingredients in the recipe knead the dough. Apples are washed, cleaned, removed the core, the skin and cut into slices of medium thickness, or crushed into small cubes.
Then form baking. In closed cakes, the apple filling is placed inside the dough. For the open dough cakes, they form the base into which the apple stuffing is laid. For jellied pies, apples are laid out on the bottom and poured over them with liquid dough.
Pie dough is kneaded with wheat, oatmeal or corn flour. Or use a mixture of wheat flour with bran. Sugar can be replaced with honey, and people with diabetes can use fructose or sweetener.
Mostly creamy fat is added to the dough, but if you want to make low-calorie baked goods, you can replace it with low-fat sour cream.
Apple pie step-by-step recipe can be cooked lean. To do this, knead the yeast or simple dough in water. Instead of butter, lean is added to it.
The finished cakes are decorated with sugar, grated chocolate, ground cinnamon.
Recipe 1. Closed Apple Pie: A Step-by-Step Recipe
medium apples - seven pieces;
butter - half a pack;
granulated sugar - a glass.
fat cream - 100 grams;
wheat flour - two glasses;
butter - two tablespoons;
sugar - two tablespoons.
Method of preparation
1. Butter for the dough should be soft, so that the dough is tender and tasty. To do this, remove it from the refrigerator and leave it on the table for at least half an hour. Beat the eggs in a deep bowl. Dissolve sugar and beat with a mixer until foaming. You can separately rub the yolks with sugar, and whip the whites separately in a strong foam. Then combine the two masses and mix gently. The second option is preferable if you are preparing the dough for the pie pie. This will add him pomp and airiness.
2. Add sour cream to the egg mass. It is also desirable to remove it in advance from the refrigerator so that it is not cold. Send soft butter here. Mix well with a spoon or whisk slightly.
3. Flour a couple of times through a sieve. In small portions add it to the liquid mixture, stirring constantly, so as not to form lumps. Do not pour out all the flour at once, so lumps may remain in the dough. In addition, you can not adjust the consistency of the test. When the mass is difficult to stir with a spoon, lay it on a floured table and continue kneading by hand. It should be elastic, but not solid dough. Roll the dough into a bowl, cover with a cup and let it rest.
4. While the dough is resting, start preparing the filling. Take apples only ripe, with no signs of rot and wormholes. Wash fruit well and wipe off with a towel. If the skin is tough, apples should be cleaned. Remove the seeds and partitions. Cut the fruit into not too thick slices. Put in a bowl. Apples tend to darken quickly so that this does not happen, sprinkle them with freshly squeezed lemon juice. To do this, take a lemon. Cut it in half and squeeze the juice directly into apple slices. Do not worry, it will not add acid, but it will retain a beautiful bright color.
5. Take the dough, slightly crush it and start making the cake. To do this, roll it into a circle, the thickness of which should be no more than two millimeters. The reservoir circumference should be approximately 40x40. But you are guided by the size of your form. 6. Put the apple slices on the dough and evenly distribute them over the entire surface of the layer. Sprinkle with sugar or powder on top. Cut butter into small pieces and spread them on top of the apples. You can also freeze it in the freezer, and then grind it on a coarse grater just above the apple filling. In the process of baking it will disperse throughout the filling.
7. Now roll the dough, wrapping the stuffing inside, in the form of a roll. Lay out a layer of dough on a towel or cling film. With their help, roll roll will be easier. Give the pie a head start on a bagel or horseshoe.
8. Grease the form. Put the pie in it. Its edges should not touch the sides.
9. Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Put the cake in it and bake for an hour. In the baking process, juice mixed with sugar will be released, which at a high temperature will turn into caramel. Collect it with a spoon and water it over the top. This procedure must be repeated every five minutes. Take out the finished cake from the oven, sprinkle it with powdered sugar, cool, cut into slices and serve with drinks.
Recipe 2. Open apple quiche: a step-by-step recipe
five medium apples;
vanillin - bag;
butter - 230 g;
baking powder - bag;
high-grade flour - two and a half glasses;
milk - half a liter;
sugar - a glass with a hill;
Method of preparation
1. Cut off a small piece of butter and put it in the fridge. He will need to lubricate the form. Melt the remaining butter. This can be done by putting it in a saucepan and putting it on the minimum fire. Or mark the oil in a bowl and put it over a pan of boiling water. In the ghee, add half the sugar, baking powder, vanillin and a half cups of flour. Knead your hands firmly with elastic dough. Roll it into a ball, wrap with cling film and put it in the fridge.
2. Now proceed to cooking custard. Beat an egg in a small saucepan, add sugar and milk. Whisk with a whisk until the sugar crystals have dissolved. Add the remaining flour and keep shaking until there is no lump left. If there is no whisk, you can use a mixer. Put the mixture on the stove. Turn on medium heat and boil until you get the mass, consistency of thick sour cream. In the process of cooking continuously mix, so that the cream does not stick to the bottom, the walls and did not turn out lumpy. Remove the saucepan from the heat and cool the cream to a barely warm state. Add soft butter to it and blend until smooth. For flavor, add vanilla or citrus zest. 3. Wash the apples, wipe with a towel. Cut the core. Cut the flesh into small slices of medium thickness.
4. Lubricate the form with a piece of butter left for this purpose, or cover it with special paper for baking. The form should be with high sides. It is better to use detachable.
5. Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Place it in the form and start kneading with your hands, spreading it over the entire surface. Form small bumpers. The thickness of the dough should be the same.
6. Pour the custard into the dough. Apply the apple slices over the entire surface, lightly pressing them into the cream.
7. Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Put apple pie in it and bake for forty minutes. Remove the finished cake from the oven, cool right in the form. Then remove, slice and serve with hot or cold drinks.
Apple Pie (Step by Step Recipe) - Tips and Tricks
- To prevent the cake from getting raw inside, put it only in preheated form.
- Before you put it in a hot oven ceramic form, cover it with wet parchment so that it does not crack.
- If the cake began to burn on top, cover it with foil, or place a baking sheet over it.
- Jellied apple pie can be baked not only in the oven, but also the slow cooker.
- To make the filling juicy, add granulated sugar to the apples.