Fans of Italian cuisine are happy to eat pasta cooked according to different recipes. This dish is pasta with some sauce and other additions. One of the most exquisite options for this dish is pasta with mussels in a creamy sauce. This snack is suitable for a romantic dinner, and for a family dinner, it will not linger on the festive table. This dish will cost relatively cheap, time and effort to prepare it also takes a little.
The process of cooking pasta with mussels and cream sauce is not difficult, but to get the expected result, the cook needs to know and take into account several important points.
- Mussels for cooking pasta with them are used already cleaned and have undergone some heat treatment during production. They have a nice pink-orange hue. If you see suspicious yellow-green spots on clams, this may indicate that the product was stored incorrectly or for too long, it is better to refuse such a purchase. Pay attention to how much ice covers mussels. The frosting should not be thick, and it should not resemble icy snow. If you buy mussels in packaged form, pay attention to the shelf life of the product and the integrity of the package. The presence of water or snow inside the package should alert you, as these are signs that the product has been defrosted and has been frozen again.
- Before preparing the mussel snack, it is best to allow them to thaw at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Accelerate the process using a microwave and warm water is not recommended. However, in the absence of time for defrosting mollusks, they can be cooked without thawing. Then they are fried on medium or high heat until the excess liquid evaporates, and then cooked in accordance with the instructions accompanying the selected recipe.
- Mussels in a creamy sauce are best combined with long pasta such as spaghetti, but pasta with them can also be made from small pasta.
- When cooking, spaghetti does not break, but put in a pan of boiling water and, as it is soaked, immerse them on the bottom with a spoon.
- For any kind of pasta it is best to choose pasta from durum wheat. Such products are more useful and less boil soft when cooking.
- Pasta is boiled in a large amount of water, which is previously required to boil and salt. In the process of cooking the pasta is mixed so that they do not stick together and do not stick to the bottom and the walls of the pan. They will stick together less if you add a spoonful of vegetable oil to the water during cooking. Rinse pasta cooked for pasta with mussels in cream, can not be either before or after cooking.
- In order not to digest the pasta, you need to focus on the manufacturer's recommendations, placed on the package. Cooking time depends on the size of the pasta and on which wheat they are made from.
There are quite a few recipes for cooking pasta with mussels in cream. Cooking technology may have slight differences. By following the instructions accompanying a specific recipe, you will not make mistakes and get exactly the result you expected.
Pasta with mussels and vegetables with cream sauce
- mussels (without shell) - 0, 25 kg;
- spaghetti - 0, 3-0, 4 kg;
- wheat flour - 20 g;
- fatty cream - 0.5 ml;
- butter - 40 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- salt, seasonings - to taste.
- Thaw the mussels in the refrigerator or at room temperature. Rinse with running water.
- Scrape, wash carrots. Drain it with a napkin. Cut carrots into strips or chop on a coarse grater. Grater designed for cooking Korean salads, more suitable than usual.
- Remove the husks from the bulb. Cut the vegetable into thin half rings.
- In a large saucepan, boil water, add salt, spaghetti dipped into it. Boil them as much as recommended by the manufacturer, then fold them in a colander.
- In a deep frying pan, melt butter, put onion in it, fry it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add carrots to onions. Fry vegetables until soft. Sprinkle them with sifted flour, stir.
- Add mussels to the vegetables, add salt and season to taste, cover with cream and mix again.
- Stew products in cream for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. The sauce should thicken by this time.
- Arrange the spaghetti in plates. Put the mussels on top and pour all the sauce in which the clams were stewed.
If you cook pasta with mussels for the holiday table, you can decorate it with red caviar, which will not spoil the taste of the dish, but will make it more expressive and noble.
Pasta with mussels in a creamy garlic sauce
- macaroni - 0, 4 kg;
- peeled mussels - 0.5 kg;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- medium fat cream - 0, 3 l;
- shallots - 100 g;
- refined vegetable oil - how much will go;
- fresh or dried basil, nutmeg, pepper mix, salt - to taste.
- Thaw and wash the mussels.
- Peel the garlic, finely chop with a knife.
- Cut the onion into small pieces.
- Pour water into a saucepan, bring to a boil. Salt it, pour pasta in it.
- Place the onion and garlic in a frying pan with hot oil.
- Fry the vegetables on low heat until soft.
- Pour cream in vegetables, add spices and salt, chopped green basil.
- Wait for the cream to boil.
- Put mollusks in them. Extinguish them for 7-8 minutes.
- The pasta will be ready by this time. Throw them in a colander, shift to mussels, mix.
- Then eat the dish for 2-3 minutes, after which it can be served.
According to this recipe, pasta can be prepared not only with mussels, but also with sea cocktail. The proportions and technology of cooking dishes will remain the same.
Pasta with mussels in creamy tomato sauce with cheese
- macaroni - 0, 3 kg;
- frozen peeled mussels - 0.5 kg;
- cream (fat) - 0, 25 l;
- tomato - 100 g;
- hard cheese - 150 g;
- salt, spices, fresh herbs - to taste;
- olive oil - 40 ml.
- Mollusks thaw and rinse, let them dry.
- Place cooking water for the pasta.
- Chop the tomatoes on a grater, discard the skin.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Pour mussels into the pan. Fry them on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring with a spatula.
- Add some salt to boiled water in a saucepan, pour the pasta into it.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chopped greens, salt and spices to mussels. Turn down the heat. Sweat the clams in the tomato for 5 minutes. Add cream to it and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Flush the finished pasta in a colander, transfer to the pan for mussels, mix.
- Then sweat the dish for 5 minutes over low heat and arrange on plates.
Sprinkle hot paste with finely grated cheese, after which it can be served.
Mussels pasta is a frequent dish on the table of Italians. Especially tender and exquisite food is obtained if you cook shellfish in a creamy sauce. There are several recipes for this popular snack, each of which is good in its own way.