Pasta is loved not only by Italians. If you choose these products correctly and cook them with a delicious gravy, hardly anyone would refuse such a dish. Pasta is combined with various liquid seasonings. When they want to give the dish a soft and delicate taste, they make it based on cream. Creamy sauce for pasta exists in different versions. It is prepared with vegetables, mushrooms, meat and fish products. All variants have a unique taste and have their admirers.
Creamy sauces are among the most common. Popular makes them taste good, the ability to serve to a variety of dishes and the relatively low complexity of cooking. Even a hostess who does not have a great culinary experience will cope with the task if she knows several important points and follows the recommendations accompanying the selected recipe.
- For the preparation of a creamy sauce, medium-fat cream is usually used, that is, 20%. Allow them to thicken flour or starch. Some recipes provide for the preparation of the sauce without the use of any thickeners, then it is advisable to take the more fat cream as a basis.
- Thickening the cream with flour, you need to take care that it does not turn into flour lumps. To do this, pouring cream to it, whisk it. Pre-roasting flour in a dry pan also reduces the risk of lumping.
- If lumps could not be avoided when preparing the sauce, strain it through a sieve before combining with other ingredients.
- If mushrooms or vegetables are part of the cream sauce, they should be cut into as small as possible or even chopped using a blender, meat grinder. The exceptions are sauces that are made for short pasta. Such gravy should be thicker, and pieces of meat, seafood, vegetables and mushrooms that fall into them are not considered a disadvantage.
- Often cheese is included in a cream sauce. It allows you to thicken the gravy and emphasize its creamy taste. Similar tasks are performed by butter. The quality of cheese and butter sold in stores may vary. Preference should be given to products of proven manufacturers, which include no artificial components and vegetable fats.
- Sometimes acidic foods, including lemon juice, are found in the cream sauce. So that when in contact with them the cream does not curl, they are advised to be slightly heated before use. The risk of folding fatty cream is much lower than drinking.
- The taste and appearance of the finished dish will depend not only on how successful the sauce will be, but also on the quality of the pasta itself. It is best to choose pasta from durum wheat. It is dipped in a large amount of boiling salted water and boiled exactly as much as indicated by the manufacturer. Only then the pasta will not stick together and will not melt, will have an aesthetic appearance and pleasant taste.
There are many recipes for a creamy sauce suitable for pasta. The choice depends on what result the culinary specialist expects to receive.
A simple recipe for a creamy sauce for pasta
- cream with fat content of 20% - 0, 2 l;
- wheat flour - 30 g;
- butter - 30 g;
- salt, spices, dried herbs - to taste.
- Sift flour. Fry it in a dry frying pan until it has a caramel color.
- Add butter. While stirring the flour with a spatula, wait until the butter has completely melted.
- Add a thin stream of cream to the flour, whipping it at the same time with a whisk. If the lumps are still formed, before proceeding to the next step, strain the cream through a sieve and return to the pan.
- While stirring the cream with a spatula, wait until they thicken. It will take about 10 minutes.
- Add salt, spices, herbs. Cook the sauce for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Pour the sauce over the pasta while it is hot. If it is cold, it needs to be heated. This can be done in the microwave, on a water bath or on very low heat. This version of the sauce is considered universal, it will fit both spaghetti, and noodles, and horns.
Garlic-cream sauce for pasta
- onions - 100 g;
- cream with fat content of 20% - 0, 2 l;
- butter - 20 g;
- wheat flour - 50 g;
- lemon juice - 5 ml;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- salt, ground pepper - to taste.
- Remove the cream from the refrigerator half an hour before cooking the sauce or heat it slightly, mix them with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Free the onion from the husk, cut it into small cubes.
- Finely chop the garlic cloves.
- Melt butter in a pan. Put chopped vegetables in it. Cook them until they are soft.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with flour, mix well.
- While stirring the contents of the pan with a spatula, pour the cream into it. Boil the sauce, stirring until it thickens.
The sauce prepared according to this recipe is most suitable for small pasta: horns, shells, spirals. However, it is also possible to submit it to long products.
Cream and cheese sauce for pasta
- cream with fat content not less than 20% - 0, 3 l;
- hard cheese - 90 g;
- salt - 3 g;
- butter - 30 g;
- seasonings to taste.
- Chop the cheese on the side of the grater where the smallest holes are located.
- Pour the cream in a saucepan. Heat them by stirring with a wooden spatula until you notice that they are going to boil.
- Add salt and spices, mix.
- Put the butter in the cream. Continuing to warm them and stir, wait until the butter has melted completely.
- Pour in the cream cheese, mix.
Once the cheese has melted in the cream, the sauce should be used for its intended purpose. This sauce is suitable for both long and short pasta.
Creamy tomato sauce for pasta
- tomatoes - 0, 25 kg;
- fatty cream - 120 ml;
- adjika or other spicy seasoning - 2-3 g;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- refined vegetable or butter - how much will go;
- salt, pepper, dried basil - to taste.
- Wash tomatoes. On the side opposite the stem, make cross-shaped cuts on the fruit. Boil water in a saucepan, dip the tomatoes in it, blanch them for 2 minutes. Catch the vegetables with a slotted spoon and transfer them to a container filled with cold water so that they cool down faster. Remove the skin from them. Pulp chop, rubbed it or killing in a blender.
- Tomato puree mixed with cream, adjika. Add salt, dried basil and other seasonings, according to your taste.
- Free the onion from the husk, cut it into small pieces.
- Heat the butter in a skillet, put onions in it, save it to softness.
- Pour tomato-cream mixture into a saucepan. Over low heat bring it to a boil and, stirring, boil for 5-7 minutes to thicken it.
Creamy tomato sauce made according to the above recipe will appeal to those who prefer spicy and savory dishes. Its bright color will make the pasta appetizing.
Creamy mushroom sauce for pasta
- medium fat cream - 0, 2 l;
- water - 100 ml;
- fresh champignons - 0, 3 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- flour - 60 g;
- butter - 40 g;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Wash mushrooms, pat dry with a napkin. Cut them into small cubes.
- Free from the husk and chop the onion with a knife.
- In a skillet, melt butter, put onion and mushrooms in it. Fry them until almost all liquid released from the mushrooms is evaporated from the saucepan.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with salt, seasoning and flour, stir.
- Pour some hot boiled water on, extinguish 5 minutes.
- Grind the mushroom mass using an immersion or conventional blender, dilute it with cream.
- Return the sauce to the skillet and heat it, not boiling it.
Mushrooms in this recipe can be replaced with white mushrooms or oyster mushrooms.
Cream sauce is a harmonious addition to pasta of various types. It can be prepared with the addition of mushrooms, vegetables, cheese and other products. There are so many variations of creamy seasoning for pasta that every gourmet will be able to choose the one that will meet its gastronomic preferences.