Thanks to its beautiful appearance, the availability of the ingredients that make up and the ease of preparation, the Mimosa salad is a frequent guest not only on a festive but also on a daily table.
Step-by-step recipes for “Mimosa” salad - general principles
Prepare a snack on the basis of any canned fish: pink salmon, saury, sardines, sardinella and other. Fish can be either in oil, in brine or in its own juice, the main thing is not to use the product in tomato or with vegetables.
The main ingredient is laid out from the jar and kneaded with a fork, removing falling bones and scales.
Additional components of the salad are boiled carrots, fresh onions or green onions, boiled potatoes and, of course, eggs, whose yolks just remind us of the delicate flowers of mimosa.
To make the salad tasty, all prepared ingredients are cooled to a single temperature, then crushed: usually onions are cut into thin half-rings or small cubes, carrots, potatoes and proteins are rubbed on a coarse grater, yolks are crushed on a grater with fine teeth.
Laying out the salad in the dishes, the layers do not tamp, then the appetizer will not be dense, airy.
Additionally, in the salad, you can put grated cheese, chopped apples.
Salad “Mimosa” with canned mayonnaise is seasoned, from the spices they use only salt and ground black pepper.
1. Canned Mimosa Salad: A Step-by-Step Recipe
• potatoes - two medium tubers;
• two small carrots;
• onion head;
• one can of any canned fish (pink salmon, saury, sardines or another);
• three eggs;
• any mayonnaise - 1.5 cups;
• ten grams of black pepper allspice and salt.
To give the finished salad juiciness and brightness, add another half a bunch of chopped green onions to it, after mixing the component with the chopped onions. And to give it an attractive appearance beautifully spread on top of the finished snack three sprigs of green parsley. Cooking Method:
1. Prepare all the necessary vegetables: rinse the potatoes, carrots, put them in a metal container with water, cook over moderate heat until softened or, wrapped in foil, bake in the oven. Remove cooked vegetables from hot water or from foil, cool, peel.
2. Place chicken eggs in a small container with water and cook for five minutes after boiling water. Cooked eggs must be placed in cold water so that they cool down and then easier to clean.
3. Peel the onion head, finely chop with a knife, mix it with chopped green onions. If you have an old onion, then pour it with boiling water for a few minutes before adding to the salad so that it does not get bitter.
4. Peel the boiled eggs, remove the yolk and set it aside, you will need it at the very end to decorate the salad, and chop the protein on a fine-grated grater.
5. Open any canned fish, pour the liquid into a separate dish, it is still useful, put the fish on a plate, mash with a fork. If there are rough bones, then remove.
6. Take a transparent salad bowl, put mashed canned fish on the bottom, chopped onion and green onions, brush with mayonnaise, smooth well.
7. The next layer is put chopped egg white, grease with mayonnaise. Grind all the ingredients into the salad bowl immediately, so it will be more airy.
8. Spread carrots on a grater on squirrels, mix well with mayonnaise. When smearing the layers with mayonnaise, do not press down the salad with a spoon, it will get tastier. On each layer, put about two large spoons of mayonnaise.
9. On the carrot, put the potatoes, grated on a coarse grater. Salt a little, sprinkle with black pepper and pour liquid from canned fish, so the salad will turn out even more juicy and tasty. Liberally grease the potatoes with mayonnaise.
10. At the end, sprinkle the salad with egg yolks, chopped on a fine grater, and beautifully lay out the parsley sprigs. 11. Put the finished salad in the fridge for two hours to soak.
2. Portioned “Mimosa” salad with canned food: a step-by-step recipe
• canned saury - one jar;
• two small potatoes;
• one onion;
• two medium carrots;
• three eggs;
• Dutch cheese - 150 grams;
• parsley - three twigs;
• mayonnaise - 400 grams;
• salt, black pepper powder - to taste.
And for a beautiful portion of serving salad, take high wide cups or glass bowls.
1. As in the previous recipe, prepare the vegetables: wash the potatoes and carrots, put them in a saucepan with salted water and cook for about half an hour until cooked. Vegetables cool, peel and grate carrots on a fine grater, and potatoes on a large, put in separate plates.
2. Eggs, too, put in a metal container, cover with water, put on a moderate heat and boil about ten minutes after boiling. So that the eggs do not crack during cooking, add salt to the water. Cool boiled eggs in cold water. Free the eggs from the shell, separate the yolks from the proteins. Grind proteins and lay the yolks to the side.
3. Open the jar with saury, mash the fish with a spoon, drain the liquid into a separate bowl.
4. Chop grated cheese. Choose cheese for salad of solid or semi-solid varieties without various flavors.
5. Put the prepared products in layers in tall glasses or ice-cream bowls in the following order: a small amount of potatoes, sprinkle with fish liquid on top and smear with mayonnaise. Put the canned fish on the potatoes. On top make a pattern with mayonnaise in the form of a net. The next layer lay onions, chopped fine crumb. Soak the onion in boiling water for a few minutes so that it does not taste bitter. Also sprinkle this layer with fish liquid and smear with mayonnaise. After the onions, lay out a thin layer of potatoes, add salt and grease with mayonnaise. Then a layer of cheese, grease with mayonnaise. Put a carrot on the cheese, brush with mayonnaise. Next, put the crushed proteins and smear again with mayonnaise. 6. Sprinkle egg yolks over the entire surface of the salad.
7. Also in each glass with a salad, beautifully put on a sprig of green parsley.
8. Cover all glasses filled with salad with napkins, let them soak in the refrigerator for two hours.
9. Serve to the table directly in the bowls. Next to the glasses put on a glass of white wine.
3. Salad “Mimosa in the Snow” with canned food: a step by step recipe
• processed cheese - two pieces;
• onion head;
• mayonnaise - 200 grams;
• canned saury or sardine - one jar;
• any two apples;
• half a dozen chicken eggs;
• acetic acid 9% - 30 ml;
• dill, parsley - three branches for decoration.
1. Peel the onion, cut into small pieces, put in a small plate, pour in acetic acid and a little water and leave for twenty minutes to marinate. Optionally, onions can be mixed with chopped green onions.
2. Cook hard-boiled eggs: put them in water, put on moderate heat, when water boils, boil eggs for seven minutes. Put the cooked eggs in another dish with cold water and allow them to cool completely, so they will be easier to clean. Peel the eggs, divide them into whites and yolks. In this “Mimosa in the snow” salad recipe, crushed yolks are added to the inside of the salad, and the whites are left for decoration.
3. Grated cheese grate grated with large teeth.
4. Open the jar with canned fish, transfer the contents together with the liquid to a deep plate, mash everything with a fork.
5. Wash apples, peel, grate with large teeth. If the apples are very juicy, then squeeze the juice through cheesecloth.
6. Take a large transparent salad bowl, smear the bottom with mayonnaise and put the products in the following order: curds, mayonnaise layer, marinated onion, mayonnaise layer, canned food, mayonnaise layer, chopped apples without juice. Apples mayonnaise not grease. Put the crushed egg yolks in the next layer, again a layer of mayonnaise. 7. Sprinkle the entire surface of the salad with egg whites. At the edges of the salad beautifully lay out the sprigs of parsley and dill.
8. Let the prepared salad soak in the refrigerator for several hours.
9. Serve with white dry wine.
Step-by-step recipes of “Mimosa” salad with canned food - tricks and useful tips
• You can serve such a salad in any convenient way: by mixing all the ingredients and putting it into a deep salad bowl, layering in a detachable form, putting all the ingredients in a certain sequence into small portioned ice cream bowls.
• To make the salad especially beautiful, use home-made eggs for which it has a bright yellow color. It is better to rub the yolks directly onto the salad, and not into a separate dish, then the layer will look lush, airy.
• If desired, potatoes in a salad can be replaced with boiled rice. And instead of boiled carrots, you can take carrots cooked in Korean.
• Onions in a salad will not be bitter if you pre-pickle it or pour boiling water over it for a few minutes. It is permissible to substitute this ingredient with shallots.
• Especially tasty and juicy is a well-soaked salad, so prepare a snack in advance and put it in the fridge. In this case, you should not immediately decorate “Mimosa” with grated yolks, it can be done immediately before serving.