Mimosa Salad - general principles and methods of preparation
Mimosa salad is a very beautiful dish. And since it is prepared quite simply, it can often be seen on the festive table. The name of the salad received, because it looks like spring flowers of mimosa. In this case, many variations of cooking salad. And with any ingredients Mimosa turns tasty and nourishing.
Mimosa Salad - Food Preparation
Mimosa salad products, like for any other dish, should be fresh. If canned fish are used, then the oil from them should be drained.
It is important that at the time of laying the layers, the ingredients for the salad should have the same temperature. Because for half an hour they should be put in the refrigerator.
Mimosa Salad - The Best Recipes
Recipe 1: Classic Mimosa Salad
This is a classic Mimosa recipe. This salad always looks beautiful on any holiday table. It is important that it is nourishing and tasty.
6 pieces of fresh eggs (preferably with bright yolks),
a can of canned fish (in its own juice or in oil, tuna, saury or salmon),
150 grams of hard cheese (Russian, Gouda, Poshekhonsky or Tilzitter),
200-250 grams of mayonnaise,
100 grams of butter,
3 pieces of onions,
4-5 sprigs of fresh dill or parsley,
lemon slices, greens, slices of yellow tomatoes - for decoration.
1. In advance in the freezer to put the butter.
2. Boil eggs for no longer than 10 minutes. Then the peeled eggs are divided into yolks and proteins. Yolks need to mash with a fork, and whites - finely chopped with a knife.
3. Peeled onions should be coarsely grated or finely chopped with a knife. Very sharp onions should be sprinkled with 3-4 pinches of salt and, mixing, pour hot water. After 15-20 minutes, it is necessary to fold the onion into a colander and dry.
4. On a small or medium sized grater you need to grate the cheese. 5. Greens without coarse twigs should be chopped with a knife.
6. Open canned food, mash fish without oil and without large bones in a separate plate with a fork or pass through a blender.
7. Then you need to start laying the salad in layers. Moreover, it is desirable that the ingredients were the same temperature, so if time allows, they can be put in the refrigerator for half an hour.
8. Then, in a not very deep, but wide dish, you need to lay out chopped egg whites, the next layer - grated cheese, then - mashed fish and smear it all with mayonnaise.
9. Over it you need to put a layer of chopped onion, and after - half mashed yolks. Also smear this layer with mayonnaise and sprinkle with chopped greens. On the greens you need to grate frozen butter (grated medium size).
10. The final layer may be the remaining yolks that need to be rubbed through a sieve.
11. Mimosa salad before serving should be infused in the refrigerator - two hours or all night. Before serving the salad should be decorated with greens, slices of yellow tomatoes or lemon.
Recipe 2: Mimosa Salad with Rice
This version of Mimosa salad is very satisfying. It is important to note that the table should be served as soon as possible: if the salad is infused for a long time, it will become less airy.
6 pieces of fresh eggs,
100 grams of butter,
canned fish (saury, tuna or salmon),
150 grams of hard cheese (Poshekhonsky, Gouda, Russian or Tilzitter),
a glass of rice (better to take a friable variety),
black pepper, salt,
150-200 grams of mayonnaise.
1. Butter must be pre-frozen.
2. Boiled hard-boiled eggs should be divided into proteins, yolks. Squirrels should be finely chopped with a knife, and the yolks can be kneaded with a fork.
3. Boiled until cooked rice should be allowed to dry. Then add a spoonful of butter and mayonnaise, season with pepper and salt, mix thoroughly.
4. On a large grater, grate the white onion. To get bitterness out of it, you can sprinkle it with salt for 15 minutes and pour hot water over it. Then dry. 5. Cheese must be grated on a medium grater.
6. Fish from canned food should be kneaded with a fork on a separate dish.
7. Then you need to lay the salad in layers. In a wide dish you need to put some fish. Then carefully lay the rice on top of the fish, and then - a layer of grated cheese. All this must be smeared with mayonnaise. Then put chopped proteins and lay out the remaining fish. Chopped onions should be put on the fish, and after - the remaining mayonnaise.
8. On mayonnaise you need to put half the yolks, rub the remaining oil on them. And finally, rub the yolks through a sieve.
Recipe 3: Mimosa Salad with Apple and Smoked Fish
The original version of the Mimosa salad, which will surely please the guests and will be a worthy decoration of the festive table.
300-350 grams of hot smoked fish (it is better to use pink salmon),
200-250 grams of mayonnaise,
2 large potatoes,
sweet and sour apple
6 fresh eggs.
1. Potatoes must be boiled in the uniform, cool and grate.
2. Divide boiled eggs: yolks and proteins separately. Squirrels need to be finely chopped, and the yolks can be mashed with a fork.
3. Cut the peeled onions. And for about 15 minutes, pour hot water and salt over it - this will remove bitterness.
4. Smoked fish must be disassembled into pieces and carefully remove the bones from it. Fish in a separate plate to knead with a fork.
5. Then you need to lay out the salad in layers. At the bottom of the dish put half grated potatoes. After - half chopped fish and, finally, chopped onions. Then you need to lubricate all the mayonnaise.
6. On mayonnaise lay out half of crushed proteins and the remaining potatoes. Then - the remaining fish.
7. Peeled apple must be rubbed directly on the fish. Next - grease it with mayonnaise.
8. Then you need to lay the remaining proteins, missed with mayonnaise. And wipe yolks through a sieve from above.
9. Salad to the table to serve cold.
Recipe 4: Mimosa Salad with Hard and Melted Cheese
This Mimosa salad is made without eggs, but two kinds of cheese are used - the dish is tasty and unusual.
100 grams of hard cheese (like cheddar),
can of fish canned (in its own juice or in oil),
2 large potatoes,
2 white onions,
200-250 grams of mayonnaise
100 grams of processed cheese in one piece.
1. You need to put melted cheese in the freezer beforehand. Boiled potatoes need to be cooled and grated.
2. Cut onions, cover with 3 pinches of salt, cover with hot water and leave for 15 minutes. After that - dry.
3. Mash canned fish with a fork on a separate plate.
4. Frozen cheese should be grated on a fine grater. Then put it in an even layer in the dish. Top with mayonnaise.
5. After that lay out a layer of fish, then - onions. And again smear mayonnaise. Then put a layer of potatoes and smear it with mayonnaise. At the end, grate the bright yellow cheese.
6. Decorate the salad with greens and send to the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
Mimosa Salad - useful tips from experienced chefs
Eggs for salad Mimosa should be with bright yellow yolks. Therefore, they should not be digested, otherwise a lead color will appear on the yolks. Eggs must be dipped in the pan. On medium heat, bring to a boil, and then cook for no longer than 10 minutes - this is quite enough. Boiled eggs should be put with cold water and pinned shkarlupa from a blunt end - so they will be easier to clean.
It is necessary to put the salad in layers. And it is better to take a glass (transparent) dish - in such layers of it will be beautifully visible.