Beshbarmak is a national dish of Turkic-speaking peoples, which is made from unleavened dough, crumbly meat, onions and spices.
Traditionally, homemade beshbarmak is eaten with hands using pieces of boiled dough and washed down with broth.
Bashkirs, Tatars, Uzbeks, Kyrgyz and Kazakhs often prepare this dish on a solemn occasion and for dear guests.
Homemade beshbarmak - General Cooking Principles
Traditionally, beshbarmak is made from mutton, horse meat or beef. But if you wish, you can use other types of meat to taste.
Meat must first be washed and cleaned of excess. You can cook it entirely, but you can cut it into pieces. The total cooking time should be at least two hours. After you need to strain the broth and divide it into two parts. One part is needed for cooking the dough, and the other - for serving.
The dough for beshbarmak should be tight. After kneading, he must be given a "rest". Then the dough is cut into diamonds or squares.
Served all on a large flat dish. Under the bottom you need to put the dough, then in the middle of the pieces of meat. Top decorate everything with onions and herbs.
Beshbarmak at home - a classic recipe
• one kilogram of horse meat;
• one kilogram of homemade sausages;
• one bow;
• a pound of wheat flour;
• two raw eggs;
• pinch of black pepper;
• sunflower oil;
• one glass of water;
1. Wash the meat, remove all the veins and films, put in a suitable volume (for example, 5 or 6 liters) in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Add sausages. Turn on the heat and cook on low heat for about three hours until the meat softens.
2. Peel onions and cut into rings, fry in butter.
3. For dough, mix eggs, salt and sifted flour. Knead dough with your hands. Remove the dough in a plastic bag and leave to “reach” for 20-30 minutes. 4. Cut the dough into four pieces and individually thin them out with a rolling pin on a flour-powdered table. Then cut thin dough into small rhombuses and leave on the table, without closing anything. The dough at the same time a little dry.
5. Cut the cooked meat and sausages into slices.
6. Broth after cooking divided into two parts. Pour half the broth into another pan.
7. In one part of the broth, cook the sliced dough and mix them with half the fried onion and spread on the dish.
8. Put the meat, sliced sausages and the second part of the onion into the pan with the second part of the broth. Add ground pepper and bring the broth to a boil, then remove from the stove. Divide the resulting broth into two parts. Place the meat and sausages on the boiled dough pieces, and serve broth as a drink in a bowl or soup bowl.
Homemade beshbarmak with lamb and greens
• 450 g of lamb;
• two bows;
• sweet peppers;
• one bay leaf;
• 300 ml of vegetable or meat broth;
• a raw egg;
• 300 g of wheat flour;
• vegetable oil;
• a couple of spoonfuls of lemon juice;
• a pair of thyme, rosemary and cilantro twigs.
1. Wash lamb, dry, cut veins and films. Pulp cut into pieces, pour lemon juice and put to boil for several hours. Be sure to remove the foam and grease from the surface of the broth in the cooking process. Cook over moderate heat and with the lid closed until the meat is soft. Then add salt, pre-cleaned and washed onions, peppers and lavrushka. The total cooking time for meat is about 3-3.5 hours.
2. For the dough, mix the egg, broth and some salt. Knead the dough, leave it to “rest” for 20-30 minutes, and then roll it out and cut it into small squares or rhombuses. Leave the sliced dough on the table to dry.
3. Greenery sort, wash and shred.
4. Peel the second onion, wash and chop finely.
5. Fry the onion, add chopped greens to it at the end.
6. Pour half a lamb broth into another pan and boil pieces of dough in it. 7. Remove the finished dough pieces from the broth and mix with the fried onions and greens.
8. Boiled lamb out of the broth and cut into portions.
9. On a large dish lay out the diamonds with onions and herbs. In the center put the pieces of meat. If the dish is portioned into separate deep plates, you can pour it with broth. Or serve broth separately.
Beshbarmak at home with a white partridge
• one partridge is white;
• 2 raw chicken eggs;
• wheat flour;
• 2 tbsp. l freshly squeezed lemon juice;
• pinch of black pepper.
1. Treat the partridge. To do this, the carcass needs to be plucked, starting from the neck, with the fingers grabbing several feathers at once and with a quick movement of the hand pulling them out in the direction opposite to the natural growth of hairs. After that, scorch the carcass with a non-smoking flame, it will not harm the game's subcutaneous fat. Then rinse and dry the carcass, completely remove the wings, neck, chop off the legs of the legs.
2. Put the treated partridge carcass into the pan, add cold water, add lemon juice and cook until softened. Then the meat is separated from the bones and coarsely chopped.
3. Pour 200 ml of chilled game broth into a bowl, add eggs, a little salt and pepper. Knead the dough and put it in the bag for 20-30 minutes.
4. Then roll out the dough, cut into squares and dry them. After that, cook the dough pieces in the remaining game broth with the addition of salt.
5. After the dough is ready, add the partridge sliced pulp to it. Boil a few more minutes.
6. Serve the prepared dish in portioned soup bowls or a common wide dish. If desired, you can sprinkle with herbs and spices.
Beshbarmak of noodles with turkey at home
• one raw egg;
• 500 g turkey fillet;
• 300 g of wheat flour;
• three onions;
• one tomato;
• 3 tbsp. l sunflower oil;
1. Wash the turkey fillet, put it in a saucepan, add water and cook for about an hour and a half on moderate heat. 2. Cook homemade noodles. To do this, knead the stiff dough of eggs, salt, flour and water. Roll out the dough thinly with a rolling pin. For this, be sure to sprinkle the table and flour with a rolling pin. Then cut the rolled dough into thin strips and leave for 15 minutes to dry.
3. Prepare the vegetables. Peel and wash onions. Tomato wash and cut the place of attachment of the stem. Cut vegetables into small cubes and sauté with butter.
4. Pull the boiled meat out of the broth and cut into portions. And in a broth to cook noodles.
5. Remove the ready-made noodles from the broth and mix with passaged vegetables.
6. Assemble the dish. Put noodles with vegetables on a large plate, chopped meat on it, sprinkle some broth on top. Serve hot.
Homemade beshbarmak with pork
• kilogram of pork;
• 200 g butter;
• two bows;
• a pair of garlic cloves;
• ground black pepper;
• raw chicken egg;
• 700 g of flour;
• cilantro greens.
1. Rinse the meat, place in a large volume pot. There to send the washed, but not peeled onion, garlic, ground pepper. Pour with cool water and cook over moderate heat for 2.5 hours. Add salt at the end of cooking.
2. Knead the dough. To do this, mix the egg, water, salt and pre-washed and finely chopped cilantro. Pour the flour on the table, make a depression in the hill, where you can pour the mixture of eggs, water, salt and greens. Knead the dough with your hands, then remove it for 20 minutes, covering with a bag or towel.
3. Next roll out the dough very thin and cut with a knife into arbitrary shapes.
4. While the dough dries, take the meat out of the broth and cut into portions.
5. Cut the remaining onion into straws and sauté until transparent in butter.
6. In meat broth, cook pieces of dough until cooked.
7. Put the dish on a large plate, first the dough, then the meat, put the fried onion on top and pour all the broth on it. If desired, the broth can be served in a separate bowl.
Beshbarmak at home with soy cuts
• five medium onions;
• 300 g flour;
• a pair of parsley sprigs;
• 800 g of ready-made soybeans;
• spices for vegetables;
• cooking oil for frying;
• 1 tsp. sugar sand;
• 1 tsp. table vinegar.
1. Knead the elastic dough on water, egg, salt and sifted flour. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and cut into rectangles. Boil them as cooked dumplings.
2. Peel and chop the bulbs. Put onions in a bowl, add vinegar and sugar. Pour in some water so that the onion is slightly covered. Leave to marinate for 10-15 minutes. After that, fry the onions until golden brown. This will happen quickly due to the caramelization of sugar. Fried onions mixed with spices for vegetables.
3. Soy crumbs boil in water with salt or fry in a pan.
4. Put dough on a plate, sauté onions on it, then boiled soy beats. Then sprinkle with pre-washed and finely chopped parsley.
Homemade beshbarmak - Tricks and Tips & Tricks
• To simplify the cooking process, chopped onions for dressing can be cooked immediately with the meat, and then pulled out with a slotted spoon.
• For saturation, you can cook beshbarmak from several types of meat at once.
• For a more interesting taste, you can add a small piece of cabbage or carrot to the broth.
• Condiments for the dish can be used any, but in moderation.
• Instead of onions, green can be used.
• Noodles for the dish, you can use any purchase.