Among the Turkic peoples, one of the popular dishes is boiled meat with large noodles. In our country, it is known under the Kazakh name “beshbarmak”, which means “five fingers”. The name of the dish was due to the fact that the nomads ate with his hands. The tradition of beshbarmak without the use of cutlery in many countries has been preserved until now, although it is still desirable to submit them to it.
Initially beshbarmak was prepared from horse meat, later it was made from mutton, beef, and poultry meat. Due to the fact that most of the inhabitants of countries where beshbarmak is popular are Muslims, they do not make this dish from pork, giving preference to beef most often. Beeshbarmak from beef eats both Asians and Europeans with pleasure, so a hostess who wants to diversify the menu with dishes of national cuisines, should be stocked up with recipes for cooking this dish. Of course, before cooking it does not hurt to study the specifics of beshbarmak cooking.
Boiled beef, noodles, onions - these are the three main ingredients of beshbarmak from beef. It would seem to cook it simply. However, without knowledge of the features of technology, you will get the usual soup.
- Beef is required to be boiled soft. Therefore, it is better to take non-old meat, as the veal is cooked faster and is more tender. When buying, pay attention to the color of the meat and the size of the fibers. Long meat fibers and dark color of meat testify that it belonged to an old animal. Veal will be almost pink, with fine fibers.
- Beef can be cooked in large pieces, then cut them into smaller pieces, but in this case the process of cooking and subsequent chilling of meat will take a long time. Beef will cook faster if it is immediately cut into pieces of 3-4 cm, and then boil it.
- Traditional beshbarmak involves the use of rather large pieces of meat and wide rectangular layers of noodles. If the meat is cut very finely, like goulash or even smaller, and the usual egg noodles are used, the dish will not look like beshbarmak even externally. It will also affect his taste.
- When cooking meat, be sure to remove both the foam and the broth formed on the surface. The foam is thrown away, and the fat is saved, and later they are smeared with the finished noodles.
- Meat and broth will be tastier and more aromatic if you add whole onion and carrot to the broth, bay leaves and other spices.
- Salting beef is better shortly before readiness. This will allow it to keep juiciness, despite the duration of cooking.
- The dough for beshbarmak is better to do with your own hands, although in some stores you can find pasta for making beshbarmak. The composition of noodles for beshbarmak is simple: it contains only flour, eggs and water, which some people advise replacing with chilled broth. Even beginner cooks successfully cope with the preparation of dough, so the probability of failure is extremely small. The finished dough is rolled into 2 mm thick layers and cut into rectangles with a face about 5 cm long.
- To prevent the noodles from sticking together, it is not lowered into the broth immediately, but one layer at a time. Cook about 5 minutes. Pulling the noodles out of the pan, grease the noodles, so that it does not stick together.
- Another important ingredient of beshbarmak from beef is onions. It is cut into rings or half rings, and then fried and stewed in a small amount of broth.
When serving, broth is poured into separate bowls, the main dish, noodles with meat, put on one plate. However, the filing options may vary, the most preferred one is almost always indicated in the recipe.
Traditional beshbarmak from beef
- beef - 1, 3 kg;
- bay leaf - 2 pcs .;
- allspice peas - 4 pcs .;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- fresh parsley - 100 g;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- wheat flour - 0, 6 kg;
- salt, black pepper - to taste;
- water (for dough) - 0, 2 l.
Method of preparation:
- Rinse the beef thoroughly, put it in the pan. Fill with water so that it completely covers the meat and is even 2 cm above it.
- Put the meat pan on the fire. Bring to a boil and cook for half an hour, removing the foam. After that, continue cooking for 2 hours. An hour before the meat is ready, remove the fat from the broth surface, add laurel leaves, pepper and ground pepper to the broth itself, salt to taste.
- Remove the cooked meat from the pan and cool. Separate from the bone and cut into pieces about 2, 5-3 cm in size.
- Strain the broth and pour it into a clean pan. Pour half a glass to extinguish the onions.
- Place a glass of water in the fridge: for the dough, you need it cold.
- Beat the eggs, mix them with salt, measuring half a teaspoon, and chilled water.
- Sift the flour and, making a well in it, pour in the egg mixture with water. Immediately knead the dough with your hands.
- Cover the dough with cling film and refrigerate for half an hour.
- After the specified time, remove the dough from the refrigerator, divide it into several parts. Roll them into layers about 2 mm thick and cut them into 4 by 6 cm rectangles.
- Sprinkle with flour and let dry a little.
- Boil the broth and dip into it one layer of noodles. Cook them for 5 minutes, carefully remove and place on plates.
- Lubricate the noodles with grease from broth.
- Chop the onion into half rings, place in a frying pan. Pour the broth and simmer gently.
- Place beef on the noodles, cover it with a layer of onion.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Broth to cooked beshbarmaku from beef is not usually served, but this can be done. However, in this case it is better to use when cooking meat with more water and spices, which give flavor to the broth. In addition, part of the broth in this case should be poured, leaving only half of the noodles for cooking: the broth in which the noodles were boiled will not be transparent enough to be served to the table.
Beshbarmak from beef with horse sausage
- beef - 1 kg;
- horse sausage (kazi) - 1 kg;
- onions - 0, 5 kg;
- black pepper peas - 6 pcs .;
- bay leaf - 4 pcs .;
- wheat flour - 0.5 kg; v
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- water (for dough) - 0, 25 l;
- salt - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the pulp of beef, pat dry with paper napkins. Cut into large chunks, about 4-5 cm.
- Put the pieces of beef in the cauldron, then put the horse sausage. Fill it all up with water and put it on fire. After boiling water, turn down the heat, remove the foam. Boil for an hour. Remove the top layer of broth.
- Put it in a cauldron where meat, pepper and laurel leaves and one peeled onion are cooked. Add black pepper and salt to taste. Continue cooking for another half hour.
- Sift flour.
- Mix a glass of cold water with an egg, add a large pinch of salt.
- Add this mixture to the sifted flour and knead the dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and let it stand for half an hour in a cool place.
- Dividing the dough into pieces, roll the layers and cut them into rhombuses.
- Boil noodles in salted boiling water until cooked.
- Cut the remaining onion into half rings, fill it with fat, which you removed from the broth. Stew the onions until soft and lay them on the noodles.
- Remove the beef with horse sausage from the pan, put it on the noodles with onions.
- Strain the broth and serve separately, pouring into pialam.
The combination of beef and horse sausage gives beshbarmak cooked according to this recipe, a unique taste.
Beshbarmak beef - a rich dish with a unique taste. Any hostess will be able to prepare it, since it is not difficult, although it takes a lot of time.