Skewers are twice as tasty when served with the right sauce. A good additive will emphasize the taste of baked meat, make it more aromatic, more tender, and eating is more pleasant.
Although, why only meat? Poultry or fish skewers also need a suitable sauce.
Kebab Sauces - General Cooking Principles
As a basis for sauces, tomato (tomato, pasta, ketchup, tomato puree) and sour cream (mayonnaise, yoghurt or cream) are commonly used. Some of these ingredients can be mixed together. It is important to use only a fresh, high-quality base. After adding other components, especially fresh vegetables and herbs, the shelf life of the product begins to decrease.
What is usually put in sauces:
• garlic, onions;
• dried and fresh greens of different types;
• soy sauce;
• vinegar, lemon (zest and juice).
All ingredients for the sauce are ground. To do this, use a blender, press, but in most cases only need a kitchen knife. Some vegetables require heat treatment, the sauce is boiled down. It is convenient to do this in a pan or in a saucepan with a thick bottom. Ready sauce can be stored for some time, but it is better in the refrigerator and in a closed container, as the spices and vegetables have a pronounced flavor.
Kebab sauce (recipe for tomato paste)
The recipe for a universal sauce for barbecue, which can be served with any meat and poultry. It is prepared very simply from tomato paste. No need to use a concentrated and highly boiled product.
• 70 ml of paste;
• 40 ml of water;
• three cloves of garlic;
• 1 tsp. Sahara;
• black and red pepper;
• 4 sprigs of parsley.
1. If the paste is thick and concentrated, then you need to take twice as much water. Combine, grind tomato to homogeneity, bring to the consistency of ketchup.
2. We clean the garlic cloves, put them in another bowl, add two pinches of salt, put chopped greens, add pepper. Pound all with a pestle or spoon until garlic and greens release juices. 3. We shift the aromatic mixture to the tomato paste. Add sugar. It will make the taste softer.
4. Stir a couple of minutes, cover the bowl, let the sauce stand for an hour. If you need to save it for some time, then it is better not to add fresh herbs immediately, but put them in the sauce before eating.
White garlic sauce for kebab (recipe on sour cream)
Another popular recipe for kebab sauce, but sour cream. It goes well with bird and fish. Sour cream fat does not matter.
• 200 g sour cream;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• pepper, greens;
• 3 tsp. soy sauce.
1. Grind garlic and any greens to your liking. If there are no fresh herbs, you can add a little dry dill or parsley.
2. Mix sour cream and soy sauce.
3. Add garlic and greens. Carefully grind everything with a spoon until smooth. Try on the salt and spice. If soy sauce is not enough, then you can pour more, it all depends on its concentration.
4. Insist the sauce for 20-30 minutes, use immediately. In the refrigerator it is stored no more than 10 hours.
Kebab sauce (recipe from tomatoes)
The recipe of natural tomato sauce for barbecue. It is best for him to use fleshy, ripe and sweet tomatoes.
• 600 grams of tomatoes;
• 2 garlic cloves;
• 1 onion;
• 0.5 bundles of cilantro;
• 0.5 hot peppers;
• 25 ml of oil;
• 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar;
• 5 g sugar.
1. Put the tomatoes in a bowl, pour boiling water over it. After a minute, drain the water, rinse the tomatoes under the tap, remove the skin.
2. Pour the oil into the pan. Add diced onion, then chopped garlic cloves. Sauté on low heat until transparent onions. Take off.
3. Cut the tomatoes into slices, add onions with garlic. Also cut into half pieces of hot pepper. Look to taste, can take a little more or less, depending on the desired sharpness of the sauce.
4. Grind vegetables with a dipping blender. If not, then use a meat grinder. You can skip the vegetables for the sauce twice. 5. Return to the pan, boil the mass 1.5 times.
6. At the end, when the tomato reaches the desired consistency, add sugar, vinegar, salt. Give the spices dissolve, remove the sauce from the fire.
7. Cool the mass to room temperature, add chopped cilantro, stir.
Low-calorie sauce for kebabs (recipe for yogurt with cucumber)
Another universal recipe for fish, poultry, meat. The basis of the sauce is natural yogurt. It is important that it is thick, as the mass will liquefy from the added cucumber.
• 250 ml of yogurt;
• a bunch of dill;
• a pair of cloves of garlic;
• one cucumber;
• 2-3 mint leaves;
• red pepper, salt.
1. We rub cucumber. If it is small, then use two pieces. The skin should not be removed, but if there are large seeds, it is better to get rid of them. We rub on an average grater. Squeeze the juice, we do not need it.
2. Add chopped mint and dill to the cucumber, squeeze the garlic, stir.
3. Put the spices, add pepper to taste. If you do not need a very hot sauce, then you can restrict yourself to garlic or throw a pinch of black pepper for flavor. Stir.
4. Add yogurt to the aromatic mass. We interfere to homogeneity.
5. Close the sauce, put it in the refrigerator. One hour is enough.
Kebab sauce (recipe from mayonnaise and ketchup)
Option mixed sauce, which is well suited to the kebab pork, lamb, beef. It doesn’t mix well with the bird.
• 150 g of mayonnaise;
• 50 g of spicy ketchup;
• 1 tbsp. l lemon juice;
• salt, greens;
• 1-2 cloves of garlic to taste.
1. Grind the cloves of garlic, combine with ketchup. You can use any tomato sauce, add pepper and other spices to the desired sharpness.
2. Combine with mayonnaise, mix.
3. Chop fresh greens. You can use dill, cilantro, basil, parsley in any combination. The number also does not matter.
4. Pour the greens into the sauce, salt, mix and ready! You can use immediately, but it is better to insist 20-30 minutes, so that the greens and garlic reveal their taste.
White sauce for kebab (recipe for fish)
The recipe for a very delicate creamy sauce for fish kebabs. But it is also suitable for chicken, turkey.
• 200 ml of cream;
• 10 g flour;
• a clove of garlic;
• 15 g cl. oils;
• pepper, greens;
• 50 g soft cream cheese.
1. Melt butter in a pan, add flour. Fry for a few seconds until a cream shade appears. Quickly stir so as not to form lumps, some grains are not burnt.
2. Pour in the cream. We do a thin stream, we continue to stir.
3. Cook the sauce over low heat until it thickens. Turn off.
4. Put the cream cheese in a bowl, add the sauce in parts, mix thoroughly so that no lumps form. You can add cheese to the pan and boil, but the taste will not be so pronounced.
5. Add spices, salt, chopped garlic. Cool, add greens to taste. Dill goes well with this sauce.
White sauce for kebabs (recipe with wine)
Option universal sauce for fish and any lean meat, poultry. The recipe uses white wine, which will give an exquisite aroma and unique taste.
• 50 g plums. oils;
• 150 g of mayonnaise;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• 0.5 onions;
• 20 g of lemon juice;
• 100 ml of white wine;
• 1 tsp. mustard
1. Grind onions and garlic, you can scroll the vegetables in a blender.
2. Melt the butter, add the prepared mixture, simmer over low heat until soft. If there are pieces, it is better to cover the dishes.
3. Pour in the white wine. To boil over medium heat until reduced in volume approximately two times.
4. Add a teaspoon of sugar, pour in lemon juice, throw in a whisper of salt. Wait for dissolution, turn off the heat.
5. Cool the aromatic mass to room temperature.
6. Combine with mayonnaise, stir. You can use thick sour cream.
7. At the very end add the mustard, season with hot pepper if desired. Carefully grind the ingredients of the sauce until smooth.
Mustard sauce for kebab with yolks (recipe for poultry, fish)
The recipe is very tender in consistency, but spicy to the kebab sauce. It is perfect for fish, chicken, turkey. For its preparation, you can use any mustard, including grains.
• 180 g sour cream;
• two eggs;
• ground pepper;
• 1.5 tsp. mustard;
• 10 ml of soy sauce;
• 1 tbsp. l lemon juice.
1. Boil hard-boiled two eggs. Clean, remove the yolks. Squirrels are not useful. Well cool, you can hold a little in the freezer. The yolk should become hard, crumble well.
2. Pound the yolks in a bowl. You can use a grater.
3. Add mustard and soy sauce. Pour in lemon juice. If sour cream is sour, then you can reduce the amount.
4. Immediately put the pepper, you can add a pinch of sugar, which will soften the taste of mustard sauce. Rub the mixture until smooth.
5. Add sour cream, stir. Cover the sauce with a tight lid, put it in the fridge for an hour.
Kebab sauces - tips and tricks
• To make the greens give their flavor and aroma as much as possible, not sticking out of the sauce, before adding it, you need to mash it with a pestle with a pinch of salt. You can immediately add pepper and other spices.
• Sauces are much tastier when using freshly ground pepper, coriander, cloves for dressing.
• For cutting garlic, herbs and other juicy products it is undesirable to use moisture-absorbing wooden boards.
• For storage of homemade sauces, it is better to use sealed containers that do not allow air.