Wine sauces are most often served with meat or fish, seafood goes well with them, and there are also options for desserts. Do not be afraid to experiment with alcohol. An appetizing additive will make even the simplest and most boring dish fragrant and tasty, will give the very zest, which is just not enough.
Wine Sauce - General Cooking Principles
• Wine. In sauces, it can be an additional ingredient, but not a base. Its amount rarely exceeds 50% of the total mass of products. It is best to use dry wine, it can be white or red. In some recipes, the drink is evaporated, in other sauces it is added and warmed slightly, but there are options with fresh wine that is not cooked.
• Fluid. Wine is usually diluted with juices, broths, a lot of recipes for white sauces based on cream, milk, sour cream.
• Flour, starch. They are not always used, but are intended for density. Flour must first be browned, the starch is usually simply diluted in a cool liquid. It is very important to prevent the appearance of lumps. If necessary, the mixture should be immediately filtered before adding to the total mass.
• Other ingredients. Mushrooms, cheese, spices, sugar and honey are often added to wine sauces. Soy sauce, mustard and garlic go well with them. But you do not need to add fragrant spices in large quantities, so that the refined aroma of the wine is not lost in the total mass.
Champignons wine sauce
The famous recipe for fragrant wine sauce, which uses only red dry drink. Additionally, you will need tomato paste or mashed potatoes, as well as some fresh champignons. This sauce is perfect for red meat.
• 120 g of champignons;
• 20 ml of olive oil;
• 150 ml of wine;
• 2 tbsp. l tomato paste;
• a pair of cloves of garlic;
• onion head (small or half);
• salt pepper.
Cooking 1. Pour the oil into the pan, throw slices of garlic cut into several pieces, lightly fry, remove.
2. Mushrooms are washed, cut first into four parts, and then each piece with thin plates.
3. In the fragrant oil throws mushrooms.
4. Cut the onion finely. Add to the mushrooms. Fry together until soft.
5. If you use concentrated boiled paste for the sauce, you need a little less. In this case, diluted with water. If the paste is ordinary, then immediately add to the mushrooms, stir and warm for a minute until the light aroma of roasted tomato.
6. Add red wine.
7. At the same stage, put salt in the dish, pepper it, you can use Provencal herbs.
8. Tomim sauce a couple of minutes and turn off.
White wine sauce with cream
The recipe is very gentle wine sauce, which can be served to fish, poultry, but it is especially well combined with seafood. Shrimps, mussels, squids in it turn out simply amazing.
• 230 ml of cream;
• 100 ml of wine;
• onion head;
• a little bit of oil;
• small clove of garlic, dill;
• 1 tsp. flour.
1. For the sauce, you can take any butter. Well suited here creamy, olive. Heat one or two spoons.
2. Cut the onion into small cubes. Put to the oil. We pass on the fire a little less than average to rosy color.
3. Add flour, stir.
4. Pour the white wine to the onion, warm it up almost to the boil.
5. It's time to add cream. The fat content of the product does not matter, but it affects the taste.
6. Immediately put the salt in the cream, stir it. If you want to get hot sauce, then add cayenne pepper.
7. Crush three sprigs of fresh dill and a clove of garlic.
8. Warm up the creamy sauce for two minutes. Then add dill with garlic, stir and turn off.
Wine sauce for meat with sour cream and yolks
Option of another bright wine sauce. White vermouth is ideal for him, but at will we take any other drink.
• 2/3 Art. white vermouth; • 250 g sour cream;
• 70 g onions;
• 3 yolks;
• 20 ml of lemon juice;
• salt and pepper;
• 25 g cl. oils.
1. Spread butter in a saucepan in which to fry the onions. If necessary, take the pan, everything will turn out fine in it. Melt.
2. We cut the onion head into cubes, add the paste to a ruddy color.
3. Mix yolks sour cream, while there is time. Add spices to the base. In addition to salt, you can put pepper, coriander, chopped garlic, nutmeg is perfect here. Well, all stir.
4. Add wine to onions. Boil the sauce exactly twice.
5. As soon as half of the wine is evaporated, add sour cream with yolks. Boil a couple of minutes.
6. At the very end you need to make a control sample. Maybe add more salt or pepper?
7. This sauce can be served hot or cold.
Wine Salad Sauce
Wonderful wine dressing, which is especially well combined with fresh vegetable salads. It is perfectly suited to the classic Caesar or other types of it. Preparing just five minutes.
• a spoon of lemon juice;
• 30 ml of white wine;
• 2 boiled yolks;
• 2 spoons of olive oil;
• 1 tsp. honey;
• salt, pepper, garlic as desired.
1. Pound the yolks until smooth, along with lemon juice, it should make gruel, add wine to it, set aside for a minute.
2. Combine olive oil with honey and stir. If you season the sauce with garlic, then throw it here.
3. We return to the yolks, combine both mixtures, and grind.
4. Add a pinch of salt, pepper. For spiciness, you can add a little mustard. Stir the last time and send the sauce to the salad.
Scalded wine sauce for fish with milk
For this wine sauce, it is also better to take a white alcoholic drink so that it does not stand out in milk much. Of the greens here is best parsley.
• a glass of milk;
• a spoonful of flour;
• 110 ml of wine;
• greens, salt;
• 20 g of oil;
• 30 g onions;
• 1 tsp. a spoonful of flour; • 30 grams of hard cheese.
1. Heat oil, chop onion into very small cubes, fry for a minute. Add wine. Heat the alcohol with onions until the vegetable is completely soft, the pieces should be crushed when pressed.
2. First add a few spoons of milk to the flour, stir, then add the rest. Pour the milk dressing to the onion. Boil the sauce until it acquires the consistency of light jelly.
3. Add spices.
4. We rub cheese, also we send in milk sauce. We are waiting for its complete dissolution.
5. The final touch is the addition of greenery. We throw chopped parsley, turn it off. The consistency will change as the sauce cools, it will be thicker than it is now.
Wine sauce with mustard for fish or seafood
Another option for a wonderful fish sauce, but based on broth, it turns out very light, tender, but spicy and fragrant. If there is no fish broth, then you can dilute the cube or take the vegetable broth.
• a glass of broth;
• two spoons of butter;
• two tablespoons of mustard;
• half a glass of wine;
• a spoonful of flour;
• lemon juice.
1. In hot oil, passace a tablespoon of flour. Constantly stir it so that it does not burn. Do not deep-fry as soon as the flour becomes creamy, in a thin stream pour in a glass of fish broth.
2. When the first bubbles appear. Add the mustard and salt, stir.
3. Another minute later pour wine. Cooking sauce on the smallest fire, give it a little boil.
4. Remove, add herbs, pour in some lemon juice. If the sharpness of mustard is not enough, then you can throw a pinch of red pepper.
Wine sauce with cherry to meat
The recipe for a fabulous cherry wine sauce. It is excellent for meat, gives the dish an original taste, juiciness, unique aroma. The wine used here is red.
• 150 g cherries;
• 150 g of wine;
• ginger, cinnamon, pepper;
• 1 tsp. oils.
1. Heat oil. It needs quite a bit, just to grease the pan. 2. Remove the bones from the cherries. If frozen berries are used, they should be given time to thaw.
3. Put the cherries on the pan, cover, simmer under the lid until soft. No need to add water. Cooking in your own juice.
4. As soon as the berries are soft, they need to be removed from the pan. We grind the blender.
5. Return the pureed cherries and immediately top up the wine.
6. Put in the sauce on a pinch of cinnamon, salt, pepper. Add some dry or fresh ginger. Stir.
7. Let the sauce warm up for a couple of minutes, turn it off. Serve hot or cold.
Sweet Dessert Wine Sauce
For this sauce, you can take any fruit or berry juice. Of course, it is better to squeeze it out yourself, but the packaged drink will also fit.
• 30 ml of red wine;
• A glass of juice;
• 1.5 tsp. starch;
• 40 g sugar.
Additionally, you will need a pinch of cinnamon, vanilla, you can use chopped zest. In general, any spices for desserts.
1. Mix starch with sugar, add any juice to them.
2. Put on the stove, cook jelly. Remove from heat, add wine and spices.
3. Cover, leave to cool. Simple but very fragrant and sweet sauce is ready!
Wine Sauce - Tips and Tricks
• If the wine sauce remains, you can keep it in the refrigerator for several days, but always in a tightly closed container.
• The taste of the wine will be more vivid and pronounced if you do not add a lot of different spices to the sauce. In some embodiments, a small pinch of pepper is sufficient.
• Sauce burned? In no case do not need to stir it. Gently pour into another vessel, without touching the adhering layer, continue cooking.