Any dish can be given a different taste, special aroma, juiciness and piquancy by adding sauce. The cream sauce is considered to be the easiest to prepare, besides, it is ideally combined with all products: meat, fish, pasta, and vegetables.
Step-by-step recipe for cream sauce: general principles
As you can already guess from the name of the sauce, it is based on cream. They give the sauce a delicate, soft, creamy taste. But using additional ingredients, creamy sauce can be made differently each time: sour, spicy, spicy, garlic, mushroom, cheese, etc.
So, the basic set of products is simple: flour, cream and butter. First, the flour is fried in a dry pan, then add the butter, at the end pour in the cream.
You can also add all sorts of vegetables, cheeses, mushrooms, seafood. The main thing is that the cream is poured into the bulk at the very end. They should not boil for a long time, it is enough just to sweat them in bulk for a few seconds.
It is equally important to choose the right spices and spices. Basically, black pepper and salt are enough, but to impart special flavors, you can safely take spicy herbs, greens: Provencal or Italian blends, parsley, dill, thyme, oregano, rosemary, basil, mint, marjoram.
Before serving, the creamy sauce needs a little brewing, so it will reveal more the tastes of all the added ingredients. The sauce is not recommended to be stored for more than 12 hours, and also subjected to re-heating.
1. Cream sauce: a step by step recipe
• cream of 20% fat content - 300 ml;
• allspice ground, salt - half a teaspoon;
• butter - 60 grams;
• flour - 20 grams.
1. Sift the flour and fry it in a dry frying pan, stirring constantly, until light brown.
2. Add a piece of butter to the flour, stir thoroughly and keep stirring, fry for three minutes. 3. Pour in the cream, reduce the heat to a minimum, simmer for about four minutes until boiling.
4. While boiling, stir constantly with a spoon so that no lumps form.
5. Pour salt, pepper. Remove from heat.
6. Serve with fried fish or stewed vegetables.
2. Cream sauce: a step-by-step recipe with cheese
• medium fat cream - one glass;
• fish broth - 130 ml;
• medium piece of butter;
• Dutch cheese - 150 grams;
• two egg yolks;
• black pepper powder, salt - ten grams;
• fresh dill - four twigs;
• nutmeg powder - 30 grams.
1. Chop the cheese, rubbed on a grater with fine teeth.
2. Put the butter in a small metal container, place the dishes in the same container with water only slightly larger in diameter, melt the oil in a couple.
3. Pour chopped cheese into melted butter, pour in cream and broth.
4. Steam with continuous stirring to a thick soft consistency.
5. Add egg yolks, add salt, pepper and ground nutmeg, boil for a few minutes on a small flame.
6. At the end, add chopped dill.
7. Cream and cheese sauce pour fried fish, stewed fish or fish cakes.
3. Cream sauce: a step-by-step recipe with mustard and mayonnaise
• cream of 16% fat content - one glass;
• spicy mustard - 20 grams;
• half a lemon;
• fragrant ground pepper, salt - five grams;
• mayonnaise - 30 grams.
1. In a deep plastic cup, mix the cream, mustard, lemon juice, mayonnaise, add some salt and pepper to taste.
2. Stir the sauce well into a smooth, soft consistency.
3. Cream mayonnaise sauce water meat patties, chops and other semi-finished meat and fish.
4. Cream sauce: a step-by-step recipe with cheese and bacon
• four large spoons of cream of 20% fat;
• middle piece of pork bacon; • Dutch cheese - 150 grams;
• three egg yolks;
• onion head;
• four shallot heads;
• garlic - one tooth;
• 20 grams of salt and allspice of black pepper.
1. Wash the shallots, finely chop.
2. Melt the butter in a pan, add shallots, then for about three minutes on low heat until softened.
3. Add chopped onions, stew for another three minutes.
4. Slice a piece of bacon into thin strips and place in an oil-onion mixture, fry for five minutes.
5. Squeeze a clove of garlic through the garlic directly into the pan with the fried ingredients, remove from the stove.
6. In another clean bowl with a fork, beat the egg yolks, add the grated chopped cheese, season with salt, pepper and mix well. Pour into the mass of cream you got, stir again.
7. Mix the creamy egg mixture with the onion mixture, stir thoroughly with a spoon to a soft thick consistency.
8. Serve with fried, stewed meat or meat cutlets.
5. Creamy sauce: a step-by-step recipe with spinach
• cream of 20% fat content - 250 ml;
• 40 grams of butter;
• dry white wine - two large spoons;
• onions - one head;
• garlic - three cloves;
• fresh green spinach - one bunch;
• salt - five grams.
1. Cut the peeled onion into small cubes and fry in a frying pan in 20 grams of melted butter until softened.
2. Pour in dry white wine, stir thoroughly, then on a small flame, stirring until it boils away the wine.
3. Pour the cream into a metal container, heat it up a little in the microwave, add to the sauce, let it boil.
4. On the second half of the butter in another pan, fry the green spinach and chopped clove of garlic, then sweat a little.
5. Put the spinach slightly boiled in the sauce, whisk it in a blender to remove the lumps that appear.
6. Serve the creamy sauce with spinach with meat chops and fried chicken, ham or other meat dishes.
6. Cream sauce: a step-by-step recipe with carrots, onions and homemade soy sauce
• medium-fat cream - 350 ml;
• 30 grams of flour;
• processed cheese - one piece;
• one carrot;
• onions - the floor of the head;
• 30 ml of vegetable oil;
• garlic head floor;
• homemade soy sauce - 15 ml;
• fresh parsley, salt, any seasoning - ten grams.
For homemade soy sauce:
• soybeans - one handful;
• chicken broth - 30 ml;
• flour - 20 grams;
• finely ground salt - ten grams.
1. Make homemade soy sauce: soybeans soak for ten hours. Boil the beans in lightly salted water for about two hours. Remove the beans from the pan, do not drain the broth - it is still useful. Chop the beans to a puree-like consistency (can be in a blender). Dilute soy gruel with broth, add salt, add flour, stir to a soft consistency. Boil on a small flame, stirring, until the bubbling bubbles appear (if the sauce is thick, pour a little more broth).
2. Carrots, peel the onions.
3. Shred the carrot on a fine grater, cut half of the onion into small cubes, squeeze the garlic through the garlic, fry everything in a frying pan in vegetable oil until softened, stirring from time to time.
4. Add homemade soy sauce to the vegetables, then one minute.
5. Pour the flour, fry a little.
6. Pour the crushed melted cheese and pour in slightly warmed cream, mix well until thick and tender mass.
7. Salt, add parsley and any seasoning, boil.
8. Serve cream sauce with carrots, onions and soy sauce with roasted meat, baked fish or baked vegetables. As well as this sauce, you can pour a variety of casseroles from cereals and vegetables.
7. Cream sauce: a step-by-step recipe with mushrooms
• 200 ml of cream of any fat content;
• 300 grams of champignons;
• onion head;
• a quarter of a pack of butter;
• tablespoon flour;
• salt and spices; • half a cup of boiling water.
1. Heat the frying pan, put the butter in, melt.
2. Put the shredded onion into the pan, fry until golden.
3. Rinse the champignons, chop into cubes, put to the onion.
4. While stirring, fry the onions with the mushrooms until all of the mushroom liquid has evaporated.
5. Salt the mushrooms, enter the flour, mix.
6. Pour in a thin stream of boiling water, not forgetting all the time to interfere with the mushroom mass.
7. Heat the cream in a separate container, pour into the pan to the remaining ingredients. Stir well, stew for 20-30 seconds, remove the sauce from the heat.
8. This sauce is ideal for almost any dish: meat, fish, vegetables, cereals, pasta.
Step-by-step recipe for a creamy sauce: tricks and useful tips
• To avoid flour lumps in the sauce, pour cold cream into the mixture of butter and flour.
• If you still have lumps of flour, simply perebete sauce in a blender or grind through a sieve.
• You can use not only cream, but also a mixture of cream and sour cream to make a cream sauce, then the taste of the prepared sauce will be slightly sour, and the consistency is thicker.
• Note that cream sauces thicken as they cool, so when hot, they should not be thicker than the consistency of thin kissel.
• Accidentally oversold the sauce? Pour in some cream or add grated unleavened cheese.
• If you still have sauce after a meal, do not rush to throw it away. Use cream sauce for cooking other dishes, for example, as a dressing for vegetable or meat salads, add it to gravy and goulash.