Blue - blue, Cheese - cheese. Yes, it is blue cheese that is the main ingredient of an amazing, thick, tender and fragrant sauce. It can be served to any dishes or used as a dip to flavored toast, chicken nuggets, potatoes. Tartlets, sandwiches, snack cakes with fish are very interesting and tasty with this sauce.
Blue Cheese Sauce - General Cooking Principles
• Cheese. This sauce is different from other similar recipes using blue mold cheese. It gives the filling an unusual aroma and pleasant aftertaste. The cheese is crushed before adding, usually a fine grater is used, but you can also take a medium grater if you like slices. Cheese is often added at the very end to the stirred, flavored other ingredients.
• The foundation. To make the sauce wet, give it a flowing texture, commonly used dairy products: sour cream, cream, thick Greek yogurt. Their number depends on the recipe, sometimes more is added than cheese or less. In general, the consistency of this sauce should get thick, let it resemble pasta.
• Additional ingredients. White and black pepper, fresh dill, garlic, and pleasant sourness will be served with lime or regular lemon juice in a blue cheese sauce. Blue Cheese goes well with various vegetables, spices, which allows you to experiment with tastes, create new recipes, here are collected the most interesting and proven.
Classic Blue Cheese Sauce
In the original recipe of “Blue Cheese” sauce, French cream-fresh juice with a fat content of 15-20% is used as a base. It is a fermented milk product resembling sour cream, with a very delicate consistency. Replace if necessary.
• 100 g sour cream or fresh cream;
• 10 ml of lime juice;
• 150 grams of cheese;
• 1 pinch of white pepper;
1. In a sour cream add a pinch of white pepper, stir. If necessary, add salt, if the cheese is fresh, it all depends on the manufacturer and on the party, it is better to try. 2. Grind blue cheese, pour lemon juice, stir.
3. Put the cheese in sour cream or used fresh cream. Stir again, the sauce is ready!
Blue Cheese Sauce with Dill and Garlic
The most popular option of blue cheese sauce with garlic. But it does not need to be added very much, a light, subtle aroma and taste should appear. For all this portion one small clove is enough.
• 150 g sour cream;
• 120 grams of cheese;
• 3 sprigs of dill;
• a clove of garlic;
• salt pepper.
1. First clean the garlic, put it on a chopping board, crush it with the back of a knife, chop it up into small pieces. We shift in the mortar.
2. Add salt and pepper to garlic.
3. Dill chopped into small pieces. Also we shift into the mortar.
4. Take a pestle, gently mne fragrant mixture. The juice should appear, the essential oils stand out.
5. Combine gruel with prescription sour cream. Stir.
6. Grate the blue cheese finely, add to the sauce. Stir, cover. Leave a gentle sauce for about ten minutes.
Blue Cheese Sauce with Cream
Recipe for an air sauce with blue cheese, which is prepared on the basis of heavy cream. This option is ideal for dip - a thick additive for dipping pieces of chicken, meat, fish, vegetables.
• 150 ml of cream of 33%;
• salt pepper;
• 2 sprigs of dill;
• 80 g blue cheese;
• 0.2 tsp. dry garlic (optional);
• 7 ml of lemon juice;
• 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce.
1. We take high-quality fat cream without any foreign additives, cool, pour into a clean bowl. Immerse the mixer whips. Beat until fluffy foam. At the end pour lemon juice.
2. Combine the Worcester sauce with pepper, salt, gently mix in the whipped cream.
3. We rub the blue cheese very finely and also add to the cream. Stir the sauce gently, try not to lower the whipped foam.
4. To taste, add garlic in the sauce, for the beauty put a little chopped dill. Stir, serve immediately.
Blue Cheese Sauce with Two Types of Cheese
Option sauce, in which, in addition to blue cheese, additionally used soft cream cheese. Dilute the mass will be milk, but similarly, you can take a liquid cream with a small fat content.
• 100 g cheese with blue mold;
• 120 g soft cream cheese;
• 80 ml of milk;
• 0.3 lemon;
• salt, pepper, greens.
1. Put the soft cheese in a bowl, add a little milk, begin to rub until smooth. Pour the liquid in small portions until the sauce has a liquid, uniform consistency. If the cheese does not give in, then you can use a blender.
2. Squeeze the juice from the third part of the lemon to the cream cheese. You can add a little fruit vinegar, stir.
3. We throw spices. Usually salt is not required, it is enough in cheeses, but it is better to try the sauce.
4. We rub cheese with a blue mold, we send in lump. You can add for the beauty, the brightness of several chopped twigs of greens (dill, parsley). Stir once again.
Blue Cheese Sauce with Heat
Option cream sauce to be heated. The consistence will turn out very gentle, uniform. In the classic version, only pepper and a little Worcester sauce are added to the flavor, but you can put seasonings to your own taste.
• 150 g of cream;
• 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce;
• 80 g of blue cheese;
• a pinch of pepper, salt.
1. Use a saucepan with a thick bottom or frying pan with a good coating. You can cook this sauce in a bowl in a water bath, but the process will take longer, may take longer. Pour the cream.
2. Put the saucepan on the stove. Add the cheese grated or simply crumbled into small pieces with blue-green mold, immediately pour in the Worcester sauce.
3. Heat the mixture over low heat, stir. It is best to use a wooden spatula for this.
4. Once all the pieces of cheese have melted, the mixture will be homogeneous, can be removed from the heat.
5. Sauce cool slightly, season with white pepper, stir. Waiting for complete cooling, served with any dishes.
Blue Cheese Sauce on Milk with Onions
The recipe for custard cream sauce, which is prepared with white onions. To fry it, you can use any kind of oil.
• 20 ml of oil;
• 80 g onions;
• 1 tbsp. l flour (without slides);
• 80 grams of cheese;
• a glass of milk;
• a clove of garlic;
• 2-3 sprigs of green dill.
1. Pour the oil into the pan, heat it, add to it the onion cut into very small and thin slices. We pass on a low heat vegetable until soft, no need to fry it.
2. Now add the fire, pour a spoonful of flour, stir, fry until cream color.
3. Add milk of any fat content or liquid cream, but not more than 10%. Bring sauce almost to a boil, pepper and salt. As soon as the mass becomes thick, the first bubbles will go, remove it from the fire.
4. Give the sauce to cool to 60-70 degrees.
5. Add chopped cheese, stir.
6. Chop a piece of garlic. Do the same with dill. We remember them a little so that a pronounced aroma appears, add to the sauce. Let it brew until it is completely cool.
Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Sauce
A recipe for delicious, spicy, beautiful “Buffalo” chicken wings, served with a delicate blue cheese sauce. It can be prepared according to any of the recipes listed above.
• 500 g chicken wings;
• 0.5 cups of white wheat flour;
• 50 g cl. oils;
• 0.5 tsp. dry garlic, paprika, hot peppers and seasonings for chicken;
• 3 tbsp. l spicy chili sauce;
• sauce of cheese 150-200 grams;
• oil for deep fat.
1. Wash the wings, dry thoroughly with napkins. Be sure to cut the joints. Extreme thin bone, on which there is practically no meat, can be thrown away.
2. Mix the flour with paprika, pepper, seasoning for chicken. Roll the wings in this breading.
3. Run the pieces in the hot oil, fry in deep fat until rosy color. If all the pieces do not fit right away. We do it in parts. Take out a slotted spoon, leave for the oil to drain. 4. Cooking red sauce. Combine the softened butter with chili ketchup, add dry garlic to them, rub the mixture until a homogeneous slurry. We put on the stove, warm up, but in no case do not boil. As soon as bubbles appear, immediately remove the sauce from the fire.
5. Pour red sauce to the wings. Cover the bowl and shake vigorously. Leave about five to ten minutes for the red fill to soak into the chicken.
6. This is enough time to make a blue cheese sauce.
7. Serve wings with sauce, decorate with fresh greens.
Hot Blue Cheese Sauce with Mint
Another option is a warm sauce, which is cooked on the stove.
• 250 ml of cream;
• 5 mint leaves;
• 100 g blue cheese;
• 10 g of oil;
• 5 g flour;
• 5 g sugar;
• pepper, salt.
1. Flour the flour in butter, add cream, boil the mixture almost to a boil. Remove from heat.
2. Add crushed cheese, stir until dissolved.
3. Pour sugar. But you can add a similar amount of honey.
4. Add crushed fresh mint leaves, salt and pepper to taste.
Blue Cheese Sauce - Tips and Tricks
• Is there little cheese with mold? You can add a small portion of any other type, but not more than 50%, so as not to lose the unusual taste and aroma of the original product.
• Do not forget that the fat content of the cheese is high, the sauce will not be very tasty, if you take sour cream or cream 30% or more, the exception is beating the product into a lush froth.
• When replacing dry garlic with fresh cloves, the amount should be increased 3-4 times and vice versa.