Spicy is a whole group of fragrant and hot sauces that are popular not only in Japanese cooking. Initially, they were served and used exclusively for national dishes. Today spicy are popular all over the world. Spicy additive perfectly with rolls, meat, fish, poultry and seafood. It is difficult to find a dish to which it does not fit.
Spicy Sauce - General Cooking Principles
• Spicy pasta and other additives. Many spicy recipes use chili pastes, kimchi sauce, and other similar ingredients. They can be purchased at special stores or supermarket departments. You can also buy flying fish caviar, Worcestershire sauce, Japanese Kupi mayonnaise, but I often replace it with our usual egg-based mayonnaise and butter, which can also be done.
• Soy sauce. Frequent guest spicy sauces. If it is not a cauldron in the recipe, but water is used, then it can be added and even replaced. But do not forget about the pronounced taste and salinity of the product, you should be careful with spices.
• Chilli. Of course, it is best to use natural pods, chop, cook yourself, but it is faster and easier when using pastes or replacing with dry ground pepper.
• Vegetables. They are rarely added to sauces. This is usually garlic, onion, there are recipes with the addition of tomato. Vegetables are pasted, minced, combined with the total mass according to the recipe.
• Vinegar. Lime or plain lemon juice is also added. These ingredients give the original flavor and also serve as additional preservatives that prolong the shelf life. This is especially important when adding fresh caviar to the sauce.
Spicy Roll Sauce
One of the most popular recipes of spicy sauce, which is used for rolls. Everything is prepared very quickly and simply if there is chili paste. You can replace it with a well chopped hot pepper.
• 1 tsp. chili pastes; • 30 grams of soy sauce;
• 30 grams of mayonnaise:
• 40 grams of flying fish roe.
1. In general, Japanese mayonnaise is best for sauce. But the easiest sauce, too amiss. Put it in a bowl.
2. Add chili paste. Rub with mayonnaise until smooth. If you want to get a less spicy version of the sauce, then the amount of pasta can be slightly reduced or half of a spoon can be put in for easy savor.
3. Now all this is diluted with soy sauce. No more spices need to be added. Stir.
4. Lay the flying fish eggs and ready! It remains only to stir the sauce and you can go to prepare the rolls.
Spicy soy mayonnaise sauce
This recipe is considered by many to be classic, which is very controversial. If there is no soy mayonnaise, then use the usual sauce medium fat.
• 80 g of mayonnaise;
• 2 tsp. tomato sauce;
• 1 chilli pod;
• 1 tsp. vinegar;
• 65 g of pollock roe;
• white and black pepper, salt.
1. Grind spicy pods or take a similar amount of Japanese pasta.
2. Combine peppers and mayonnaise. We salt, we put black and white pepper for aroma, it is enough on one pinch of each look, we fill in vinegar. Pounding.
3. Lay the prepared pollock roe, stir.
4. Close the tight lid.
5. Put the spicy in the fridge, give the spicy sauce to brew for two hours.
Spicy Kimchi Sauce
Another option spicy sauce based on mayonnaise. Additionally, you will need Japanese kimchi pasta and a little soy sauce.
• 3 tbsp. l mayonnaise;
• 1 tsp. Kimchi
• 1 tsp. soy sauce;
• 1 pinch of pepper.
1. Put mayonnaise in a small bowl. Use the sauce to your liking, the fat content also does not matter.
2. Add kimchi. Pound mayonnaise with pasta until smooth.
3. Only then pour the sauce, stir.
4. We throw a pinch of pepper. You can use a mixture of peppers, it will be even more fragrant. The sauce is ready! If everything is well stirred, then you can use it immediately, you do not need to insist.
Spicy Garlic Sauce with Worcester Sauce
Option of a very fragrant multi-component spicy sauce. Mandatory ingredient is Worcestershire sauce.
• 25 ml of Worcestershire sauce;
• 2 limes;
• 17 cloves of garlic;
• 8 hot peppers;
• 100 grams of olive oil .;
• 60 g onions;
• 60 grams of sugar;
• 260 ml of water;
• 200 ml of Japanese vinegar;
• 5 g cumin.
1. Pour the olive oil into the pan, send the heat.
2. Cut the onion, spread and fry a little.
3. We also chop the spicy pepper pods, add them to the onions, lightly stew them all together.
4. Cut the peeled garlic cloves into chunks, pour in onions and chili peppers. Cook together until soft. Do not fry much and stir constantly.
5. Remove from heat. Slightly cool.
6. Furry vegetables with a blender until a homogeneous slurry. Get a very sharp pasta.
7. Add Worcester sauce, cumin, then Japanese vinegar to it and stir well.
8. Now you need to dilute the mass with boiled water. You can take a piece of soy sauce and not salt. Doing what you like more.
9. Squeeze juice from limes. You can take the usual lemons, but then one is enough.
10. At the end, put the sugar, which will make the taste softer, stir. We close the vessel with a tight lid so that the flavors do not evaporate. Let the sauce stand in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Spicy baked pepper sauce
The recipe is very beautiful and bright sauce, which is prepared on the basis of baked chili peppers and Bulgarian peppers. They can be prepared in advance if something is cooked in the oven.
• 2 sweet peppers;
• 4 chili pods;
• 1 tsp. Kimchi
• 4 spoons of butter;
• 60 ml of soy sauce;
• 10 g of sugar;
• 2 tsp. Japanese vinegar.
1. Pepper grease with olive or simple vegetable oil. Put the pods on the grid. Cooking at 200 degrees to ruddy color. If chili is cooked faster, then we take out earlier. Cooling down.
2. Carefully remove the baked skin, remove the seeds. We need only the tender flesh. We put the prepared pieces in the capacity of the blender, in it and we will prepare the sauce. 3. Grind the peppers for a minute.
4. Add kimchi and the remaining oil, beat again.
5. Dilute the mass with soy sauce, to improve the taste we put vinegar and sugar.
6. Now interrupt the sauce for the last time, bring it to a homogeneous paste and it's done! Served with Japanese dishes or just meat.
Spicy Tabasco sauce
Option very piquant, interesting, but easy to prepare sauce. The whole process will take no more than five minutes. Additionally, you will need fresh garlic.
• 2 tbsp. l mayonnaise;
• 1 tbsp. l tabasco sauce;
• 1 tbsp. l soy sauce;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 0.5 tsp. chili paste
1. The longest in this recipe is peeling and chopping garlic. Remove the husks, quickly chop or rub. Or use a special press.
2. Now add to the garlic all the remaining ingredients in the recipe. If there is no chili paste, then you can pour a third of a teaspoon of dry red pepper.
3. Carefully rub the ingredients with a spoon. Fragrant and sharp spicy ready!
Spicy Sauce with Sesame Oil and Onions
Another vegetable option spicy sauce, which uses white onions and sesame oil.
• 2 tbsp. l sesame oil;
• 2 tbsp. l olive oil;
• 80 g white onions;
• 4 cloves of garlic;
• 30 ml of soy sauce;
• 1 tsp. chili pastes;
• 10 ml of rice vinegar;
• 30 grams of tomato sauce;
• 5 g of ginger (fresh root).
1. Peel the white onion and garlic, cut everything into pieces, put it together in the oil in a frying pan. Pass to softness.
2. Clean the ginger, chop, add to the vegetables, immediately pour in the vinegar and put the tomato sauce. You can use any ketchup to your taste.
3. Stir everything in the pan, warm the food for about a minute to reveal the aroma, remove from the heat, cool slightly.
4. Shift the vegetables into a blender, add chili paste to them and immediately pour the soy sauce. Grind to a homogeneous slurry.
5. At the end add sesame oil to the sauce, stir.
Spicy Smoked Eel Sauce
This is not only a sauce, but a full appetizer. A small amount of smoked eel ennobles and gives an amazing flavor. Serve sauce can be rolls, just rice, pasta, used for tartlets and sandwiches.
• 100 g smoked eel;
• 100 g Japanese mayonnaise;
• 30 ml of soy sauce;
• 1 tsp. chili pastes;
• 1 tsp. Kimchi
• 0.5 lime.
1. We squeeze juice from lime, it is possible not to filter it, but it is better to remove the stones that fell by chance.
2. Mix the mayonnaise with lime and soy sauce.
3. Add kimchi, immediately lay the chili paste. Or chop the fresh pod to a state of gruel, mix with the main mass.
4. Smoked eel is first cut into thin strips, then in small pieces across.
5. Pour eels into the sauce, stir.
6. Cover and leave in the fridge for an hour. Eel soaked with sauce, give your flavor.
Spicy Sauce - Tips and Tricks
• If you plan to make a sauce for the future, then you should not immediately add caviar, fresh herbs, vegetables. It is better to prepare a sharp concentrate that will stand perfectly in the refrigerator for several weeks, and if necessary, dilute the base with the necessary ingredients.
• Spicy perfectly tolerates temperature extremes and state changes. If there is a large amount of sauce left or it contains perishable ingredients, you can pour it into an airtight container, put it in the freezer.
• Kimchi - hot sauce with ginger, garlic and other aromatic ingredients. It is important not to confuse it with the Korean cabbage dish of the same name.