Roasting meat in the oven is a favorite festive recipe of our grandmothers.
In order to make the dishes more juicy, they used both foil and dough coating, and thick parchment.
A relatively slow process of high-temperature processing allows even very large pieces to bake, which preserves the typical taste of this meat and allows you to get very tasty large chunks for serving.
Beef in the oven in foil - general principles of cooking
• Beef is cooked in the oven in the form of rolls, chops and minced cutlets, baked in large pieces, like a baked ham.
• To make the meat juiciness, it is stuffed with lard, boiled or fresh vegetables, fruits, even berries. You can wrap pieces of beef in thin layers of fat.
• Culinary specialists when choosing beef more often prefer meat of calves - young animals. It is distinguished by the following features: color from pale pink to light reddish, tender, juicy, with dense white fat.
• Good beef never sticks to your fingers when groping at the cut, and the pits left after pressing immediately disappear.
• When choosing meat for a specific recipe, it is highly desirable to take part of the carcass, as specified in the recipe.
Beef slips in the oven in foil
• beef pulp - 500 grams;
• 300 grams of pork;
• two white onions;
• two raw eggs;
• 150 grams of white bread;
• 2/3 cup of milk;
• 250 grams of spicy fatty cheese.
1. Put the bread in a small dish and fill it with milk.
2. Cut onions into pieces, and prepare the meat into small pieces.
3. Grind meat with onions and meat soaked in milk through a meat grinder. Before adding bread, squeeze it well with your hands.
4. Pepper, season to taste, add eggs and knead the minced meat well.
5. Cover the bottom and sides of the deep pan with foil so that there is a small margin on each side and oil it.
6. Using wet hands, form crumbled mince and place them on a sheet of foil. Cover with a second sheet and carefully tuck the edges on all sides. 7. Place the baking tray in a warm oven, bring to 200 degrees and bake for forty minutes, keeping the temperature.
8. Remove the baking sheet, remove the top sheet of foil and rub the cheese on each bit. Return the dish back to the oven, continue baking, slightly reducing the heat, for a quarter of an hour.
Chop the beef in the oven in foil with mushrooms and cheese
• Beef pulp - 800 grams;
• 300 gr. fresh or frozen champignons;
• a quarter cup of sour cream;
• three small bulbs;
• 300 grams of hard, sharp cheese.
1. Cross-cutting the fibers, cut the meat into portions not thicker than a centimeter, beat off on both sides with a hammer. Rub each piece with salt, slightly pepper and fry in roasted vegetable oil before browning. Oil does not need to be poured a lot, it should only slightly cover the bottom of the pan.
2. Slice the onions finely, and the mushrooms - lengthwise, into slices.
3. Put the onion in a clean pan, add a little oil and pass until transparent. Add the mushrooms and cook on medium heat.
4. When all the juice released by the mushrooms when frying is evaporated from the pan, add sour cream, salt and simmer until tender.
5. Pour a baking dish, a roasting pan, or a baking sheet with high sides with foil so that it covers not only the bottom, but also the sides, and a small margin remains on each side.
6. Put the fried pieces of meat into the prepared container, slightly receding from each other, and put a few mushrooms on top of each.
7. Cover with foil, fasten well the edges and send to the oven for half an hour. Roasting temperature does not exceed 180 degrees.
8. Remove the dish from the oven, open the foil and rub the cheese on each chop coarsely.
9. Put the brazier back, soak it until the cheese melts, it dries a little and reddens.
Beef in the oven in foil, “Assorted” roll
• 400 grams of steamed beef;
• one chilled chicken fillet;
• 250 grams of fat fresh;
• two onions;
• mayonnaise 40%;
• small lemon;
• teaspoon curry.
1. Use a sharp, thin knife to cut the chicken fillet lengthwise into eight pieces, and beef, as if into chops. 2. Lard a little freeze and cut into as thin as possible, wide strips or large rectangles.
3. Mix the mayonnaise, salt, and freshly squeezed lemon juice in deep dishes; add a touch of mild, unsharp spices to taste. Put chopped beef in marinade, carefully smear from all sides and leave for an hour and a half.
4. In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, curry, finely chopped onion, spices and salt. Put the chicken fillet in a mayonnaise mixture and leave to marinate.
5. After the meat is marinated, begin to form a roll.
6. To do this, take a piece of chicken fillet, wrap it roll, wrap a plate of fat, then beef, again lard, chicken fillet, again lard, etc.
7. Line the foil on a baking sheet, lay out the roll and grease it with mayonnaise.
8. Cut the skin that remains from the fat, cut into strips and lay on top of the roll.
9. Form the foil in a boat so that the upper part of the roll remains open, pour in some water and put in a preheated oven for 90 minutes.
10. Baking temperature 220 degrees.
Beef in the oven in foil, “Accordion”
• 600 grams of beef;
• 250 grams of spicy hard cheese;
• four cloves of garlic;
• three ripe tomatoes.
1. Thin slices of garlic, and tomatoes in circles slightly thinner than half a centimeter.
2. Cut the cheese into plates the same thickness as the tomatoes.
3. In the meat, retreating a centimeter apart, make cuts, almost reaching the back side.
4. Well rub the entire piece of meat and in the cuts with salt, spices and in each cut put one piece of cheese, tomato and garlic.
5. Wrap the stuffed meat in foil and put in a warm oven. Bake 90 minutes at 180 degrees.
Beef in the oven in foil, a solid piece of cherries
• 700 grams of beef;
• half a glass of pitted cherries;
• 130 ml of cherries juice;
• 50 grams of butter;
• 2 tbsp. l white flour;
• Cinnamon - 1.5 tsp.
1. Pierce the meat with a knife edge along the fibers and stuff it with cherries.
2. Put on the foil, laid in a deep form, pour on top with creamy, melted butter, sprinkle with cinnamon powder. 3. Wrap the edges of the foil so that the top of the meat remains slightly open, and put the mold in the oven at 200 degrees.
4. After half an hour, remove the form with the meat, carefully open the foil. Pour the meat with cherry juice, sprinkle with a little flour, close the foil again and return to the oven.
5. Cook for forty minutes.
6. Finished meat is slightly cooled, cut into chunks and served, watering with sauce, in which it is stewed.
Beef in the oven in foil, with vegetables
• kilogram of fresh, “steamy” beef;
• two medium onions;
• one small carrot;
• pepper peppermint;
• one and a half teaspoons of honey, liquid;
• a tablespoon of mustard;
• 150 ml of white wine, dry varieties;
• eight bacon pieces;
• three leaves of lavrushka.
1. Mix the mustard with salt and spices, rub the mixture with a piece of meat, put it in a bag and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Onion cut into half rings, and chop the carrot thinly into strips. From the bell pepper, remove the seeds and cut into rings.
3. Remove the meat from the refrigerator, wipe it with a napkin and wrap it in bacon pieces.
4. In a deep container for baking, spread the sliced onions and carrots in an even layer, place the bacon-wrapped meat on the vegetables, and spread the bell pepper rings on top of it.
5. In the cup, mix honey and wine, until honey is completely dissolved and pour beef sauce with vegetables.
6. Cover the container with foil and wrap its edges so that it fits snugly to the pot.
7. Place the container on a baking sheet and place it in a warm oven.
8. First bake for an hour and a half at 180 degrees.
9. Remove the roaster, remove the foil and put the dish back. Now cook until golden brown.
Baked pork “Classic”, made of beef in the oven in foil
• steam veal - 800 grams;
• four cloves of garlic, peeled;
• half tsp. peppercorns;
• 1/2 tsp. thyme;
• tablespoon of mustard spicy;
• a mixture of red paprika and dry ground basil.
1. Carefully cut the garlic into thin slices.
2. Grind or grind black pepper in a mortar, add thyme, one teaspoonful of dried basil and red paprika, add half tsp. salt and mix evenly. 3. Drain the beef well from all sides with a napkin or a disposable towel and wipe with plastics of garlic, boned in a mixture of spices. Chop the meat in the following way: pierce the meat with the knife's edge and, without removing it, stick in the garlic, squeeze the fibers, take out the knife and push the garlic inwards with your finger so that the garlic will not fall out of the meat when cooking.
4. Rub the beef with the remaining mixture of spices and carefully coat with mustard on all sides.
5. Put the meat in a bag or bowl under the lid. Put in the refrigerator overnight.
6. Remove the dishes with the prepared meat should be a couple of hours before cooking, allowing the meat to warm to room temperature.
7. Wrap the meat in foil, fasten the seams so that the juice does not run out during the frying process.
8. Put the resulting envelope on the roaster of a suitable size, and put it in the oven. Baking temperature about 200 degrees. After forty minutes, reduce heat to 180 and bake another twenty minutes.
9. Remove the finished meat from the oven, cool and then remove the foil.
Beef in the oven in foil, minced meat roll
• 600 grams of veal;
• 300 grams of pork with bacon;
• one raw egg;
• 50 grams of wheat flour;
• “Seasoning for minced meat”.
For the sauce:
• four tablespoons of any sweet and sour jam;
• 25 grams of tomato puree;
• a tablespoon of 9% vinegar;
• 50 ml of sunflower oil.
For the filling:
• eight dried prunes;
• one sweet pepper perchina;
• 150 grams of any spicy cheese;
• two boiled chicken eggs.
1. Cut the meat into small pieces and twist in a meat grinder. Shake the eggs in a separate bowl with salt and pour into the mince, gradually adding the seasoning, knead thoroughly.
2. For the stuffing: cut the prunes finely soaked in water, add the peppers, chopped, finely chopped boiled eggs and mix well.
3. For the sauce: mix well in a small bowl all its ingredients.
4. Spread cling film over the working surface of the table, moisten it with water and place a layer of mince. Form it into a rectangle, not exceeding the thickness of a centimeter. 5. Rub the cheese on minced meat on top, spread out evenly the stuffing and roll up the roll gently.
6. Place the roll on the foil in the roaster, downwards with a seam, pierce it evenly several times over the surface, with a fork. Close the foil, leaving a little free space between it and the roll.
7. Cook in the oven, at 220 degrees fifty minutes.
8. Ten minutes before the end, remove the baking sheet with the roll, open the foil, pour plenty of roll with sauce and bake until ready.
9. Serve the roll cooled, cut into portions.
Beef in the oven in foil - tricks and tips
• Sometimes you should not remove all the fat from the meat, the dish will be more juicy if you leave a thin layer, as it prevents the meat juice from evaporating.
• If you put a couple of thin sticks of raw carrots in the heated butter, the meat will not stick to the pan when frying until golden brown.
• Beef in foil in the oven will be softer if you smear it with a thin layer of spicy homemade mustard and cook for a couple of hours before cooking. Clean the mustard with a knife and wipe off the pulp with a damp cloth.
• When wrapping in a foil, it is necessary to avoid gusts, if they are still formed, carefully unfold the damaged area and put a “patch” of the same foil below.
• The readiness of the dish is checked by the light juice released from the meat when the knife is punctured.