Baked ham in foil - general principles of preparation
There is no person who would be indifferent to meat (unless, of course, he is not a convinced vegetarian). We love boiled meat, baked, fried, stewed. This is easy to explain, because meat is a protein that “turns” in the body into the amino acids necessary for each of us. In fact, the body will be able to function for a long time without cereals, fruits, and even without vegetables, but depriving of its proteins, and muscle tissue will begin to decay, hair will become dull, a rash will appear on the skin, and organs will start to work with interruptions. Therefore, meat is a necessary product, and therefore we love and eat it with pleasure. And the pleasure will be even greater if this product is prepared in a special way. Try baking boiled pork in foil. This is an original Slavic dish, which, however, has many similar analogues all over the world.
This pork ham was prepared from the meat of a bear. Today, baked whole piece of pork is considered baked ham. In the meantime, you can make such a dish from beef, chicken or lamb.
Cooking boiled pork foil is simple, but it is important to prepare the meat before baking. An integral part of the process is the pickling (or soaking) of the product. To do this, the washed meat piece is lowered into the pickle for an hour or more and placed in a cool place. Pickling time depends on how fresh and “young” meat.
For the marinade, you can mix water with salt (at the rate of 45 grams of salt per liter of water), or boil the spices with bay leaf for 5 minutes. As spices, use cloves, marjoram, pepper and sweet peas.
Baked ham in foil - preparation of products and dishes
Of course, the taste of the dish will be 80% dependent on the meat you choose and only 20% on how you cook it. So, definitely not worth buying frozen product and fresh meat. In the first case, boiled pork in foil will have an appetizing look, but a loose and non-uniform structure. During freezing, all the moisture will go out of the meat, and the oven will quickly evaporate the marinade that “entered” the product during the soaking. In the second case, the dish will turn out dryish, no matter how long you have not marinated the meat before. Most suitable whole piece of meat with a little fat. If we are talking about pork, then we advise you to acquire a neck. The structure of this part has a heterogeneous appearance, the layers of meat alternate with layers of fat. If you decide to cook a pork beef or chicken, then do not do without the additive in the form of lard.
For the fact that the pork in the foil turned out to be fragrant, you also need to prepare spices. It can be ground black and white pepper, hops-suneli, dry basil, greens and other spices.
For baking, you need a deck or a frying pan. If you bake baked ham in foil in aerogrill, then you need to cook the dish on the lower grill.
How long does it take to cook the baked ham in foil? If it is the meat of a young piglet, bake the dish for about an hour and a half. Beef must be cooked at least 2.5 hours, poultry - no more than 20 minutes.
Baked pork recipes in foil:
Recipe 1: Baked ham in foil
The simplest recipe, and at the same time the most demanded, is a baked ham in foil with pepper and salt. The fact is that the spices and toppings are not to everyone's liking. If you are cooking for a big company, you can simply not guess the tastes of the guests. The same dish will definitely have everyone to their liking.
- Pork - no more than one and a half kilogram
- Pepper, salt
- Before baking boiled pork in foil, you need to pickle the meat. Wash it from the blood, remove the film.
- In 1.5 liters of water, dissolve the salt (about 70 grams are needed) and fill the meat. Leave the pork to marinate for an hour and a half.
- Drain the meat and rub it with pepper.
- Wrap the meat tightly with foil. Put it in the deck and put it in the oven.
Recipe 2: Baked ham in lamb foil with garlic
It is not often that a baked ham is cooked from mutton, since this meat is rather fat. However, if the mutton is properly soaked and baked, then the pork will be very tender.
Pay attention to the method of cooking marinade. Ingredients Required:
- A solid piece of lamb no more than 1.5 kilograms
- 6-7 teeth of garlic
- Salt and spices
- Wash a piece of lamb.
- Meat needs to be marinated. To do this, bring 1.5 liters of water to a boil, put one bay leaf, garlic clove, salt, sweet pea in it. Let marinade leave for 5 minutes, then turn off the fire. Add a teaspoon of vinegar to the marinade.
- When the marinade has cooled, immerse the meat in it and leave to marinate for 2.5 hours.
- Over time, remove the lamb, dry it, and grate it with pepper. Wrap tightly with foil and send to the oven. Lamb should be baked for at least two hours.
Recipe 3: Baked ham in beef foil
Beef will make a delicious baked ham, if you cook it with the addition of bacon. Otherwise, long-term heat treatment will dry out the meat, and you will not get a tasty dish at all.
- A solid piece of meat weighing up to 1.5 kilograms
- Pork lard - 160-220 grams
- Meat must first be soaked. Dissolve salt in warm water and place beef in brine for 2 hours.
- Cut the fat into thin layers.
- Dry the meat and rub it with spices. Thread pieces of bacon to the meat. Wrap the beef in foil.
- Place the meat on the deck and bake in a brassy hour at a temperature of 160 degrees.
Recipe 4: Baked ham in foil with prunes
It is a well-known fact that the main dishes are tasted better by adding sweet fruits to them. Delicate aroma and sweet taste gives a piquancy and refreshes the perception of a traditional dish. Cook the pork in the foil with prunes - you will love it.
- Meat weighing up to a kilogram
- Prunes - 270 grams
- Place the washed piece of meat in salted brine and leave to soak for 1.5-2 hours.
- Dried fruits should be poured with boiling water and left for 12 minutes. Drain, and then rinse the prunes in clean water to wash away any debris and sand.
- Meat should be dried, grated with spices and longitudinal cuts should be made over the entire area of the piece. Carefully place the prunes in the cuts.
- Wrap the meat in foil and place it on the baking tray. Send to the oven and cook for at least 1.5 hours.
Recipe 5: Baked ham in foil from poultry
From chicken and turkey, you can make a delicious baked ham in foil. We will tell you a few tricks on how to make it so that it is a delicacy, and not a bird baked in the oven. First of all, poultry meat must be soaked in brine - it must be kept in a marinade for at least half an hour. The second subtlety in cooking ham is an additive in the form of brisket. Fillet of birds contains almost no fat. If you do not add fat, the meat will turn out dry and bland.
- Poultry meat (fillet portion) - 1 kilogram
- Pork belly - 220 grams
- Fillets need to be washed and the films removed from it. Dissolve salt in water (approximately 50 grams per kilogram of water). Place in fillet in marinade.
- Breast should be cut into thin layers
- Drain and rub each filet with spices.
- Spread a layer of foil on the table. Stepping back 10 centimeters from the edges, lay the fillets tightly together in the center. On top of the fillet lay a layer of brisket plate. Wrap the foil tightly.
- Place the meat in the foil in a container for baking and send it to the oven to cook. Set the temperature more - 250 degrees, and the cooking time - 20 minutes.
Recipe 6: Baked ham in foil in conveying oven
Convection oven allows you to cook delicious dishes much faster than an oven could. If you have such a machine at home, then you can cook a delicious baked ham. Meat must be baked in foil, otherwise it will dry out under the action of hot air. Ingredients Required:
- Whole meat weighing up to a kilogram
- Prepare the meat - rinse it with blood and place in brine.
- Marinate the meat for 50 minutes, then dry.
- Rub the meat with spices and make cuts across the surface with a depth of no more than 2 centimeters.
- Peel the garlic and cut each tooth in half.
- Put the garlic in the cuts, wrap the meat tightly with foil.
- Place the meat on the lower grill of the grill. Set the temperature to 180 degrees and the timer to 50 minutes. After 40 minutes, open the lid and rip the foil from the top. Close the lid again and cook until the end of the program.
Baked ham in foil - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
If you cook the ham in foil in the oven, then 10 minutes before the start of cooking, turn it on and warm it up.
If you want the baked ham to have a delicious crust, then in 10 minutes remove it from the oven and remove the top layer of foil.
If you are cooking ham, pork or lamb, then before you marinate the meat you need to fry it in a frying pan. This way you secure the crust and the meat will lose less liquid in the baking process.
The meat was cooked, but do not hurry to unfold the foil. Let it infuse for another half hour, then the baked ham will be very fragrant and juicy.