Kebab - a dish of meat or fish with a breathtaking aroma.
In order for the kebab to be soft, juicy and tasty, it needs to be both properly fried and marinated.
There are so many recipes for marinades today that it’s not possible to list everything, but almost all take quite a long time to prepare or directly pickling process.
Marinade for kebabs with kiwi is a great option when there is no time for long marinating, when you want really juicy and tasty meat and when you want to try something new and original.
Marinade for kiwi shashlik - general principles of cooking
Before preparing the Kiwi marinade, it is important to remember one essential detail. The composition of kiwi includes protein enzyme, which is able to split animal protein. Therefore, the marinade has almost instant effect. But you should not put the fruit more than the prescribed norm or keep the meat in the marinade more than the specified time, otherwise, instead of a fragrant kebab, you will get meat pate.
And with accurate and rigorous following the recipe, you get a really tasty and soft skewers with unobtrusive spicy sourness. Such a kebab, even without complex spices turns out great.
Marinade for kiwi kebabs is ideal for any kind of meat: pork, chicken, turkey, and even usually harsh beef, you can also pickle fish in this exotic fruit.
Usually, kiwi are peeled and ground, then mixed with meat. Additionally, onion, salt, spices are put into marinade. Such ingredients as soy sauce and tkemali sauce, adjika, lemon, mineral water, kefir and other products are not superfluous.
Spices are used standard for shish kebab: black, red and white ground pepper, paprika, oregano, hops-suneli, coriander and others. But vinegar should not be added to a similar marinade, in combination with kiwi this ingredient will simply burn the meat, as a result it will turn out not tender and juicy, but hard and similar to rubber.
Traditionally, kebabs are served hot with fresh bread, pita bread, baked, boiled and fresh vegetables and plenty of greens. Sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic sauce, tomato sauce or ketchup, mustard and much more can be served as a sauce.
1. Marinade for pork with kiwi
• kilogram of pork neck;
• one kiwi;
• five large onions;
• ground pepper and salt.
1. Wash the neck in cold water, dry it, put it on a chopping board. Cut in portions not too large pieces, five to seven centimeters in diameter will be enough.
2. Put all the pieces in a large container, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir thoroughly with your hands, making sure that each kebab is rubbed with spices.
3. Peel the onions and cut one half into thin rings or half rings, chop the other into small cubes. Finely chopped onions remember hands so that he put the juice.
4. Mix onion rings, onion gruel and meat.
5. Kiwi peel and grate on a coarse grater.
6. Stir pork with kiwi and mix thoroughly, marinate for an hour.
7. Bake over hot coals, strung on skewers or laid out on a grill grate.
2. Marinade for pork shashlik and lard with kiwi
• one and a half kilograms of pork;
• pound of fat;
• one kiwi fruit;
• two large onions;
• a teaspoon of paprika and jira;
• a pinch of hot red pepper.
1. Rinse and pork fat and dice. Meat can be cut into pieces of 4-6 cm in diameter, lard not more than a centimeter.
2. Peel kiwi, cut into small pieces and shift to the meat. 3. Peel and chop the onion and put it on to the pork and bacon.
4. Add spices, salt, mix the skewers with your hands.
5. Marinate pork kebab in kiwi for 1.5-2 hours.
6. Cook in the usual way, over hot coals, turning the kebab from one side to the other side, stringing the meat on the skewers mixed with lard.
3. Marinade for pork with kiwi and egg
• two kilograms of pork pulp;
• a glass of mineral sparkling water;
• ripe kiwi;
• one egg;
• two bulbs;
• salt, spices - to taste.
1. Cut the washed and dried pork into portions, place the meat in a deep container.
2. In a small plate, beat the egg with salt and spices to taste, pour the mixture into the pork.
3. Peeled kiwi puree in puree, shift into a common container.
4. Add chopped onion, pour in mineral water and mix everything thoroughly.
5. Marinate, putting the meat in the fridge for 2 hours.
4. Marinade for chicken skewers with kiwi
• kilogram of chicken fillet (you can use a turkey);
• five onions;
• large sweet pepper;
• two kiwis;
• salt, ground coriander, black pepper.
1. Peel the onions, remove the skin from the kiwi, rinse the pepper and peel off the seeds and stalks.
2. Put the kiwi and two onions in the bowl of the blender, chop to a puree-like state.
3. The remaining onions and peppers cut into large rings.
4. Rinse the chicken, if necessary, remove the film and streaks, cut into large pieces. Instead of breasts, you can also take any other part of the chicken: legs, thighs.
5. Salt all the meat, pepper, sprinkle with coriander. Stir.
6. Put the ringlets of vegetables and meat from kiwi and onion to the meat.
7. Thoroughly mix the skewers, remove for 30-40 minutes in a cold place, then immediately proceed to frying.
8. While serving, sprinkle liberally with kebabs cooked in a marinade of kiwi, greens.
5. Marinade for pork with kiwi and lemon
• kilogram of pork;
• a few sprigs of thyme;
• a mixture of peppers, salt.
1. Wash the meat and cut it into small pieces.
2. Add salt and pepper to the meat, mix.
3. Cut the washed lemon into two parts, squeeze the juice from one into a small container, cut the other into ringlets. Put both juice and ringlets to the meat.
4. Add kiwi and thyme into the kebab shredded through a grater, mix.
5. Cook the skewers after 1.5 hours of marinating in any convenient way.
6. Marinade for kebab with kiwi and kefir
• kilo beef tenderloin;
• two bows;
• 300 ml of kefir;
• two kiwis;
• greens, salt, spices.
1. When buying beef, choose myasco with fat to make the kebab juicy.
2. Dry the washed meat with a paper towel and cut into approximately the same size.
3. Transfer the beef to a suitable bowl for pickling, salt and pepper, add spices. Let stand 10 minutes and soak.
4. Add onion half rings, pour in kefir, mix well with your hands.
5. Remove the meat in kefir for 5-6 hours in the refrigerator.
6. After the beef is laid in kefir, transfer it to another bowl without pouring kefir.
7. Add chopped, chopped kiwi to the meat.
8. Marinate skewers in kiwi for 2 hours.
9. Cook, stringing on skewers, over hot coals.
10. Serve with greens, vegetables, sauce and favorite side dishes.
7. Marinade for kebab with kiwi (recipe for the slow cooker)
• kilogram of veal;
• two kiwis;
• three onions;
• two bell peppers;
• to taste salt, ground coriander and black pepper.
1. Peel kiwi peel, onion peels. Grate two kiwis and one onion on a grater or mince. 2. Cut two remaining onions into thin ringlets.
3. Rinse the veal carefully, cut into portions. Rub each piece with pepper, salt and coriander in the desired quantity.
4. Transfer the kiwi and onion gruel to the meat, here also put onion rings.
5. Add to the meat Bulgarian pepper, cut into half rings.
6. Remove the kebab, pressing down, in the fridge for one hour.
7. Put the meat marinated in kiwi fruit first on a baking sheet, fry for 10 minutes at 190 degrees. Then transfer the multicooker to the bowl along with the onion and bell pepper.
8. Set Baking mode to 50 minutes.
9. Serve the kebab with greens and vegetables.
8. Marinade for kiwi fish shashlik
• half a kilo of carp fillet;
• half a kilo of perch fillet;
• two bulbs;
• four kiwis;
• one lemon;
• vegetable oil, salt, pepper.
1. Cut the carp fillet and pike perch into medium sized pieces.
2. Peel kiwi, cut into slices.
3. Rinse a lemon, cut it in half, squeeze the juice.
4. Peel the onions and cut into thin half rings.
5. Salt and pepper the chopped fish and mix well so that the fillet is soaked with spices and salt.
6. Add onions, pour in lemon juice. Sprinkle the fish with vegetable oil.
7. Place in a glass or ceramic container of suitable shape and size in layers of kiwi and fish.
8. Put the skewers in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
9. Cook the marinated skewers in kiwi over hot coals, putting fish, alternating it with slices of kiwi.
10. Put the prepared skewers on the lettuce leaves, garnish with fresh onions and fried kiwi.
Marinade for kiwi kebab - tips, tricks
• Keep meat in kiwi for a strictly limited time. Kiwi has a strong softening effect, in the end, if the meat is overexposed, it turns out not tasty juicy pieces, but something similar to a paste. Depending on the amount of meat, beef is allowed to withstand up to 3 hours, pork - from an hour to two, chicken, turkey - no more than 40 minutes. Tender chicken meat can even start cooking 10 minutes after adding kiwi. • Meat, pickled in kiwi, cooks faster than another kind of kebab, so it is better not to move away from the fire during its preparation.
• In addition to the spices in the recipe, you can add something special to the marinade, do not be afraid to experiment. But, despite the possible creativity, during the preparation, it is better that you are sure of the taste of this or that additional ingredient, so as not to be disappointed.
• It is not necessary to add greens to the marinade, no matter how you like its taste. The fact is that during roasting, it is the chopped greens that burns, giving the barbecue an unpleasant, over-cooked color. It is best to sprinkle the fresh kebabs with fresh various greens.
• Vegetables and mushrooms, also cooked over hot coals, will be a tasty and unusual idea of the garnish. It can be zucchini, eggplant, potatoes, sweet peppers, cauliflower, mushrooms, wild mushrooms. It would be better if you prepare them in advance: peel, cut into portions that you need, pepper and salt, and sprinkle with vegetable oil, then pack it tightly in a container. At the picnic, all you have to do is lay out the vegetables and mushrooms on the grill rack or put them on a skewer and fry a little.