Almost every kitchen in the world has pastries with a unique flavor. In Moldova, many housewives, almost every week, delight their loved ones with pies - delicious cakes with a filling. Most often, Moldavian platstsins are made from exhaust dough, so the cakes are made thin like chebureks, but the fillings fit a lot in them. In winter, they often put potatoes or cabbage, in the summer curd and greens are preferred. Other products can also be used as fillings. The plate itself is usually fried in a pan, but they can also be baked in the oven. Products intended for frying and baking, as a rule, differ in shape. The first ones are made from a large round or square layer of dough, the edges of which are folded towards the center. The second fold first roll, then a snail.
Traditional Moldavian platzindas are prepared from exhaust dough mixed with water. His recipe is very simple: flour, salt, water and vegetable oil. However, the technology of preparation of the exhaust test has many subtleties, without the knowledge of which the result is unlikely to turn out the way the culinary specialist expects.
- Flour for exhaust dough take only high quality, containing a large amount of gluten. Otherwise, the dough will not be so elastic that it can be pulled out.
- Vegetable oil is added to make it elastic. Eggs, on the other hand, are usually not put into the dough.
- Water is used to knead the dough using warm, pre-boiled.
- Knead the dough without effort, but for a long time. Usually this process takes 15-20 minutes. Hurry can lead to the fact that the dough will be released inelastic, will be strongly torn when pulling.
- Immediately after cooking, the dough is not rolled, it is allowed to rest for 30-60 minutes. During this time, the gluten will swell, making the dough more pliable. So that it does not wind up, it is covered with cling film or a towel. Some housewives grease the dough with butter and cover with a warm bowl - in such conditions, gluten swells better, which has a good effect on the elasticity of the dough.
- Roll out the dough in two steps. At first use a rolling pin. Then the dough is oiled and left for 5-10 minutes. After that, they pull it out with their hands or roll it out again. When stretching hands, the dough may tear in some places. You should not panic: you can blind it in this place and roll it out again.
- Before rolling the dough, divide the dough into several pieces so that the patties fit into the pan. They put the stuffing in the center, make cuts along the edges, bend the “petals” to the center, covering them with the stuffing. To keep them better, they can be moistened with water.
- If you bake the platter in the oven, put the stuffing at one end, then form a roll and roll it up with a snail. Grease with the yolk on top so that the piercings are ruddy.
- In a frying pan, the pies are fried for 5-7 minutes on each side so that the filling can warm up, but the dough did not have time to burn.
Serving the plate is warm, but after cooling it remains tasty.
Placindas with potato filling (in the pan)
Calorie dishes: 2587 kcal, per 100 g: 206 kcal.
- wheat flour of the highest grade - 0, 4 kg;
- warm boiled water - 0, 25 l;
- salt - 4 g;
- vegetable oil - 60-80 ml in the dough, as required - for frying;
- potatoes - 0, 4 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- ground black pepper, greens - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Sift flour. Sprinkle it with salt (at this stage, use 2 g). In the center make a recess.
- Begin pouring water into the well in a thin stream, stirring the dough with your other hand. When the water runs out, continue kneading the dough with both hands. This should be done without making significant efforts, but for a long time - at least 10 minutes.
- Add the butter in the amount of three tablespoons and continue kneading the dough for 5 minutes.
- Lubricate the dough with butter, cover with a warm bowl. It is easy to heat it up - just rinse with hot water. Leave the dough for half an hour.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into smaller cubes as possible.
- Finely chop the greens. Save it is not worth it. Well suited dill, parsley, green onions. Add greens to the potatoes.
- Remove the onion from the onion, cut it into small cubes, send to the potatoes and greens. Stir.
- Divide the dough into several pieces. If you have a large frying pan, the dough can be divided into large pieces.
- Sprinkle the table with flour or grease with vegetable oil, put the first piece of dough on it. Roll it into a thin round layer.
- Lubricate the formation with oil, leave for 5 minutes.
- Stretch the dough with your hands so that it becomes very thin.
- Place the filling in the center. Previously, it also needs to be divided into several parts - by the number of pieces of dough.
- Make 8 cuts around the filling from it to the edges. Tie the edges of the dough to the center, hold them together.
- Slightly roll out the resulting cake with soft movements. Fry it on both sides in boiling oil, giving each side 7 minutes. The pan during the preparation of cakes (or even flat cakes) should be covered with a lid so that the filling is better steamed.
In a similar manner, prepare the placids from the remaining dough and filling.
Cottage Cheese Pieces (in the oven)
Calorie dishes: 3644 kcal, per 100 g: 218 kcal.
- wheat flour - 0.5 kg;
- warm water - 0, 3 l;
- salt - 3 g per dough, 5 g per filling;
- dry yeast - 7 g;
- vegetable oil - 100 ml;
- green onions - 100 g;
- cottage cheese - 0, 5 kg;
- fresh dill - 50 g;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs.
Method of preparation:
- In a small container, pour 50 ml of warm water, dissolve dry yeast in it.
- Sift flour and mix with the prescription amount of salt. In the center make a recess. Pouring the remaining warm water into it, knead the dough.
- Add the yeast and butter, continue kneading the dough with your hands for at least 10 minutes.
- Cover the dough with cling film, leave for half an hour.
- Divide the dough into 20 pieces, roll each into a thin layer, additionally stretch it with your hands.
- Mix cottage cheese with salt and finely chopped onion and dill.
- In a separate container, beat the eggs, set the spoon aside for greasing the pies, add the rest of the eggs to the curd, mix.
- Spread the curd mass over the prepared dough layers, placing it at one edge.
- Roll each layer with a roll, then roll the rolls up with snails.
- Place the cakes on a parchment pan. Grease the egg.
- Place the baking tray in the oven preheated to 180 degrees, bake for 25 minutes.
Placindas prepared according to this recipe are sometimes also called Vertunas - for their peculiar form.
Pieces with apples (in a pan)
Caloric content of the dish: 1505 kcal, per 100 g: 176 kcal. Composition:
- wheat flour - 160 g;
- salt - a pinch;
- warm water - 60 ml for the test, 40 ml for the filling;
- sugar - 20 g;
- apples (peeled) - 0, 5 kg;
- vegetable oil - 50 ml per filling, as needed - for roasting;
- cinnamon - a pinch.
Method of preparation:
- From flour, salt, 60 ml of warm water and 2-3 tablespoons of butter, knead the dough, place it in a bag and leave for half an hour.
- Peel the apples, cut them into small cubes, put them in a saucepan, and pour some water into the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle apples with sugar and cinnamon, stew until soft.
- Roll out the dough, cut into squares.
- Place a spoon of the filling on each layer, roll the dough into an envelope.
- Fry the patties in a hot pan greased with vegetable oil.
Cooked according to this recipe placinda can be served with tea.
Video: Pumpkin Placids
Video: Pie with curd cheese and greens
Placcinas are a dish of Moldavian cuisine. They resemble pies or tortillas, which are prepared from exhaust dough. The filling can be vegetable, cottage cheese, fruit. They are usually fried in a frying pan, but sometimes baked in the oven.