Chebureks are loved by many. You can’t call them useful, but still homemade products are much tastier and safer for the body than those bought in street eateries. When cooking them at home, you will not put low-quality meat in the filling and will not become them to fry in the rancid oil. However, at home, they want to make them appetizing and crispy, like in a cafe. Choux pastry for pasties on boiling water will help you to achieve your plans. From it they are perfect: with the finest flour shell and juicy filling, rosy and crispy.
There are several recipes for dough for pasties on boiling water. They are all fairly simple. If several rules are observed, even an inexperienced cook will cope with the task.
- For custard dough for pasties, it is better to take high-quality flour containing a large amount of gluten. Only then will it be elastic enough to roll it out very thinly.
- Flour before combining with other ingredients must be sifted. This is a prerequisite for obtaining a good test. Sifting flour, you not only release it from any litter and insect larvae, but also saturate it with oxygen, thanks to which it becomes loose, easily connected with other components without the formation of lumps.
- If the dough contains eggs, inject them after boiling the flour with boiling water, otherwise they will roll up, all the products will be spoiled.
- In order not to get burned, after the boiling water has been added, the dough is quickly stirred with a spoon or spatula. After it is transferred to a floured working surface of the table and kneaded until hands are ready. For pasties you need a rather dense dough that does not stick to your hands.
- To increase the elasticity of the dough, vegetable oil is often introduced into it. You can use only refined product.
- To make the pasties turn out to be bubbly, a baking powder is sometimes added to the choux pastry. As it can act and extinguished vinegar soda. A good alternative is to use vodka for making dough. After frying the products, neither taste nor smell of alcohol remains.
- Choux dough is not used to form pasties immediately after kneading. He is given to rest for half an hour. During this time, the gluten contained in the flour has time to swell, and the dough becomes more malleable. So that during this time the dough does not become light, it is covered with a warm bowl, wrapped in plastic wrap or placed in a plastic bag.
When forming pasties from custard dough, the edges of the rolled bed can be wetted with water so that they are tightly glued. Chebureks are roasted in a large amount of boiling oil. After cooking, they are spread on a napkin so that it absorbs excess oil.
A classic recipe for custard dough for pasties on boiling water
- wheat flour of the highest grade - 0, 6 kg;
- water - 0, 25 l;
- refined vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- salt - 5 g.
- Pour water into a small saucepan.
- Add oil and salt, mix.
- In a large bowl, sift flour. Make a groove in the center of the flour slides.
- Bring the water mixed with oil and salt to a boil.
- Pour the hot mixture into the prepared well.
- Quickly stir the contents of the bowl with a spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle flour on the tabletop, place the dough on it. Knead it with your hands until it becomes tight and no longer sticks to your hands.
- Put the dough into a plastic bag by rolling it into a ball. Leave for half an hour in a cool room or even put it in the fridge.
While the dough is “resting”, you will have time to make the filling. It will remain to form chebureks and fry them in boiling oil.
Choux dough for pasties on boiled water with vodka
- wheat flour - 0, 4 kg;
- refined vegetable oil - 60 ml;
- water - 120 ml;
- vodka - 20 ml;
- salt - a large shchip.
- Boil water by mixing with salt.
- Add pre-sifted flour to boiling water, quickly stir with a spoon or spatula.
- Heat the oil separately, pour it into a bowl with dough. Stir again quickly with a spatula.
- Lastly, enter vodka and knead the dough, transferring it from the bowl to the work surface of the table. To prevent dough from sticking to the table, sprinkle flour over it.
- Allow the dough to lie down for 10 minutes, knead it again.
- Repeat this process 2 more times at intervals of 10 minutes.
Chebureks from dough on boiling water and vodka are obtained not only crispy, but also bubbly. Such products are considered ideal.
Choux dough for pasties on boiling water with an egg
- wheat flour - 0.5 kg;
- water - 0, 2 l;
- refined vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- salt - 2 g.
- Sift flour, make a hole in the center.
- Boil the water.
- Without cooling, mix the water with salt and pour into the prepared hole.
- Stir flour quickly with a spatula.
- In the brewed flour, make a well, break an egg into it, pour in the oil. Stir with a spoon or spatula.
- Put the dough on the board, knead with your hands until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Make a bun from the dough, wrap it with cling film and leave it for half an hour at room temperature.
After a specified time, the dough can be safely used to prepare pasties.
Choux pastry with fat tail fat
- wheat flour - 0, 6 kg;
- sugar - 5 g;
- salt - 5 g;
- water - 0, 25 l;
- fat tail - 30 g.
- Mix the sifted flour with salt, sugar, pour on the board.
- Add fat and grind flour with it. The result will be flour crumb.
- Collect a crumb in a heap, make a funnel in the center, pour boiling water into it and knead the dough.
- Cover the dough with a bowl, let it rest for 30 minutes and start cooking pasties.
Especially tasty from the dough made according to this recipe will be pasties with lamb.
Choux dough on boiling water allows you to cook delicious crunchy pasties. There are several recipes for it, and each option has its admirers.