Placcinas are one of the most popular Moldovan dishes. Some cooks compare them with cakes, others - with pies. Placinda are products of thin dough with a filling. Usually they are made from exhaust dough, which is prepared in water. Sometimes they use more tender dough on kefir or prepare the dough with the addition of yeast. Products can be baked in the oven or fry in a pan. Placids made in the oven resemble rolls rolled up by a snail, they look more like cakes. Pan-fried products are more similar to flat cakes, but of a peculiar form. The dough for the plate can be made according to different recipes, but it must be elastic so that it can be stretched into the thinnest layer.
To prepare the right dough for Moldovan Placindas, you need not only to comply with the recipe, but also to use the appropriate technology. Without knowledge of some subtleties, the result may be far from the expectations of the chef.
- Only high-quality flour can be used to make a dough for platinum; its high content of fiber plays a crucial role. From flour with a low content of fiber dough will come out inelastic.
- To make the dough more elastic, vegetable oil is most often added to it, but eggs are rarely used, and even if they are put into the dough, then in a small amount.
- The main secret of the exhaust dough is its long kneading by hand. But significant efforts when kneading exhaust dough can not be applied, otherwise it will turn out too dense and unyielding.
- Before cooking, the dough must be given a chance to rest. In order for the fiber to swell, it takes at least half an hour. As a result, the elasticity of the test increases markedly.
- The finished (and rested) dough is divided into several parts. For frying in a pan, these parts are made larger so that the cake is just the size of the pan used. From half a kilogram of flour usually comes 6-10 of such flat cakes. Fillings put about as much as the dough weighs.
- Roll out the paste dough for platinum in two steps. First, it makes cakes the size of about a snack plate or less. They are oiled and spread on each other, 4-6 pieces in a pile. After 10 minutes or more, flat cakes are rolled out one by one or pulled by hand, stuffed, form products that are fried in butter or baked in the oven. Some housewives prefer to roll or stretch cakes not into round, but into rectangular layers.
When forming a plate for cooking in a pan, the stuffing is put in the center, then the dough is folded in an envelope, its corners are dragged off and folded to the center. Another option is to cut the dough from the filling to the brim and bend to the center of the “rays”. When frying, the plate is laid in the pan “seams” down, and then turned over.
Simple dough for waterpads on water
- wheat flour of the highest grade - 0, 4 kg;
- warm water - 0, 2 l;
- vegetable oil - 50-60 ml;
- salt - a large shchip.
Method of preparation:
- Sift flour, mix with salt. Make a recess in it.
- Boil the water and cool it a little. It should be warm, but not hot.
- Mix water with 40 ml of oil. Pour the mixture into the center of the flour slides.
- Knead the dough. Knead it gently, effortlessly, but not less than 15 minutes long.
- Grease the dough with butter, cover it with a warm bowl and leave for 30-60 minutes.
After a specified time, the dough will acquire the necessary elasticity and will be completely ready for use.
Unusual pastry dough with yeast and tomato sauce
- milk - 0, 2 l;
- dry yeast - 7 g;
- tomato sauce (without pieces of vegetables and spices) - 40-50 ml;
- salt - a pinch;
- sugar - 7 g;
- chicken egg - 1 pc., For lubricating dough when baking products;
- olive oil - 20 ml;
- wheat flour - 0, 25-0, 3 kg.
Method of preparation:
- Heat the milk to 38 degrees. Pour into it a pinch of salt, yeast and sugar, mix.
- Wait 10 minutes, during which time the action of the yeast should begin. When the milk is covered with a cap of foam, you can proceed to the next stage of the dough.
- Sift flour, add a third of it to milk and yeast. Stir well with a spoon to prevent the formation of lumps.
- Add the butter and sauce. It is important that it has a smooth consistency, otherwise the dough will be inelastic, it will tear when rolled.
- Mix the dough well.
- Pour the remaining flour and knead the soft, but not sticky dough. If necessary, you can add a little flour and add a little more oil.
- Cover the dough with a damp towel and leave it in a warm place for 1-1,5 hours.
It will be possible to work with the dough when it is suitable, that is, it will increase in volume at least 2 times. This dough is very suitable for oven-baked platter with cheese or curd filling.
Delicate dough on kefir
- wheat flour - 0, 45-0, 5 kg;
- kefir - 0, 2 l;
- refined vegetable oil - 100 ml;
- salt - 2 g;
- soda - a pinch;
- chicken egg - 1 pc.
Method of preparation:
- Break eggs into a bowl, add salt to it, whisk together.
- Mix the kefir with soda, pour into the container with the egg. Stir until smooth.
- Gradually sprinkle sifted flour and add butter, knead the dough.
Give the dough to rest for half an hour, covering it with cling film, and proceed to rolling and forming the plies.
The traditional dough for plastins is made on water without the addition of yeast, but other options for its preparation are possible. High-quality flour, vegetable oil and the correct kneading technology make exhausting dough.