Scalded dumplings - general principles of cooking
Preparing dumplings at least once, using choux pastry, it is very difficult then to return to the usual. And why, because such a dough is very easy to prepare, and making dumplings out of it is a pleasure. As the name suggests, the dough for the dumplings is “brewed”, that is, made with boiling water or the components are heated to a boil. In order not to get burned, mix the components not with your hands, but with a spoon or stirrer.
Recipes for custard dumplings:
Recipe 1: Scalded dumplings with mushrooms
Dough for dumplings:
- Flour 450 grams
- Egg 3 pieces
- Butter 3 tablespoons
- Milk 1 cup
For the filling
- Any mushrooms 300 grams
- Bulb 1 piece large
- Sunflower oil 1 tablespoon
Method of preparation:
- First of all, knead the choux dough for dumplings. To do this, pour milk into a saucepan and put it on fire. Gradually add butter to the milk and mix.
- Once the milk has boiled, pour the sifted flour into the pan, and start stirring quickly with a mixer. Once the dough has cooled slightly, add three egg whites to it. Knead the dough for a uniform consistency. The resulting dough should be soft and very elastic.
- Prepare the filling. Chop the onions and mushrooms as much as possible. Heat up the speed, lubricate it well with vegetable oil and put onions and mushrooms. Cook the vegetables for about ten minutes.
- Roll out the dough (centimeter thick) and, using a glass or cup, make mugs for the dumplings. In each circle, put a spoonful of mushrooms with onions, and then pinch the edges of the dumpling.
- Boil the brewed dumplings about 4 minutes after they surface.
Recipe 2: Choux dumplings with curd
Choux dough can be made not only with milk, but also on water. Prepare unsweetened dumplings with cottage cheese. For this recipe, it is best to take low-fat cottage cheese, since the higher the fat content, the more likely the dumpling will fall apart during cooking.
Dough for dumplings with choux curd:
- Flour 300 grams
- Water 200 ml
- Sunflower oil 2 tablespoons
Stuffing for dumplings:
- Cottage cheese (up to 9% fat)
Method of preparation:
- Make choux pastry by kneading it in water. Heat the water to a boil, add the sunflower oil and salt. Sift the flour into a deep container, make a well in it and pour boiling water with oil into it. Stir the mixture with a spoon while it is hot. When the mass has cooled, knead the dough well with your hands, until it becomes viscous and elastic. Set it aside for half an hour.
- Prepare the curd filling. Wash the dill, remove the moisture with a towel and chop finely. To do this, skip the cottage cheese through a blender or meat grinder, add the egg yolk, dill, and salt to it.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin. Using a glass, make circles out of dough from the dough and place stuffing in the center of the circle with a spoon. Pinch the edges of the dumpling.
- Boil the finished product in boiling water - about four minutes after boiling.
Recipe 3: Custard Dumplings with Cherry
Dessert dumplings with cherries will be very tasty, especially if you make them from choux pastry. Such a dough is very “obedient”, it does not stick to hands and is not torn. In addition, you can note this recipe for cooking dumplings, pasties, manti. Ingredients Required:
Dough for custard dumplings
- Water 250 ml
- Flour 200 grams
- Chicken Egg 1 piece
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
For the filling:
- Cherries 600 grams
Method of preparation:
- Prepare the choux pastry. To do this, mix the egg and salt, whisk well. Pour sifted flour into the egg, then add 1 tablespoon of tablespoon oil. Keep stirring.
- Heat water to boil and pour in flour, stir with a spoon. In the end, well kneading the mass, you get a dough that will not stick to your hands and with it will be quite elastic.
- Make a cherry filling. To do this, remove the bones from the berries and add sugar to the cherry.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and use circles to make circles for the dumplings. Put three or four cherries in the middle of the circle and close the edges with your hands.
- Boil water in a saucepan, add salt and dip the dumplings there and boil them for at least four minutes after boiling.
Scalded dumplings - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
- To make the edges of the dumplings stick better, grease the rolled dough with a thin layer of egg white. Thanks to this clever reception, the dumplings will not fall apart during the cooking process.
- You can serve boiled dumplings with sour cream (especially if you cooked dumplings with berries) or with toasted onions.
- After you have boiled the dumplings, add a little butter to them - so the flour products will not stick together and will be even tastier.