Any housewife has a lot of recipes from a variety of different types of dough: yeast, puff, unleavened, gingerbread or shortbread. Pies or buns, homemade dumplings, dumplings or noodles are instantly and gladly destroyed by homemade ones. But many people prefer to buy ready-made dough for their products, because they are simply afraid to take up cooking at home, as they believe that this is a very complicated process. Indeed, inexperienced bakers sometimes have problems at different stages. Quite often, housewives complain that the dough does not want to roll. What to do in this case?
In fact, if you know the subtleties of the preparation of one or another type of dough and adhere precisely to the recipes and technology, then this problem can be easily avoided. Here are some tips.
- Not very cool kneaded dough often too soft. It strongly sticks to hands and rolling pin. Such a dough will be much easier to roll out if you take a bottle of ice water instead of a rolling pin. Another way out of the situation is to cover the dough with parchment paper and roll the layer through it. You can wrap the rolling pin with a clean cloth, and then you will have a good thin layer.
- Often there is the exact opposite problem - you cannot roll out too steep dough. In this case, the dough should simply “rest” for about half an hour, so that gluten bonds begin to break down. It will help and a little vegetable oil on the hands and cutting surface.
- If you are preparing a product from shortcrust dough, you must knead it very quickly and be sure to use chilled products. Even a rolling board and a rolling pin are also better to pre-hold in the refrigerator. The correct dough should not be shiny. If it glitters, it means that the oil contained in it has melted. Such a dough you can not roll out normally, because it will crumble. You can reanimate the semi-finished product, if it is cooled again, add cold egg yolk and knead again. Flour the board well before rolling it out.
- Puff pastry before cooking products from it should be cooled at a temperature of from 10 ° C to 12 ° C. 30 minutes. This dough is well behind the hands and the table, it is easy to roll out and does not hesitate when forming.
- In order to work well with gingerbread dough, it requires very fast kneading until a homogeneous mass at a temperature not exceeding 20 ° C.