At first glance, the dumplings are nothing special: a piece of dough with a filling boiled in salted water. However, despite its simplicity, this dish is popular with various Slavic peoples, especially among Ukrainians. This is due to the fact that the combination of dumplings dough with vegetable, berry or cottage cheese stuffing allows you to get a unique and very harmonious taste. In addition, this tasty dish turns out quite satisfying, and if you serve it for breakfast, you will not need any other supplement. In summer, dumplings with berry filling, such as raspberries, are especially popular. Their delicate taste and unique aroma do not leave indifferent either children or adults.
The process of cooking dumplings with raspberries is not particularly difficult, but without knowing some of the subtleties, you are not supposed to start cooking - in this case, the dumplings can be tough and tasteless or, conversely, fall apart during cooking.
- For dumplings it is better to use fresh raspberries. If you fill them with frozen berries that contain a lot of juice, the dough will soften and the dumplings will burst.
- Raspberries for the filling should be carefully washed, dipped in a colander in cool water, and then dried, scattered on a kitchen towel - getting excess moisture in the filling can lead to unpleasant consequences.
- A lot of sugar should not be added to the filling. At the same time they do not sprinkle the berry in advance, otherwise it will begin to produce juice, and the filling will turn out too liquid.
- To make the filling thicker, sprinkle a little starch on the raspberries.
- Dumplings better retain their shape if boiled for a couple. However, you can boil the product in boiling water, especially since this method is considered traditional. In this case, it is important to ensure that the dumplings do not stick together. This requires a large and wide pan, in which the products will not be cramped. It is necessary to lower the dumplings into the water one by one and only after it boils. Remove the product should skimmer after a couple of minutes after they rise to the surface. It should be understood that as a result of long boiling the integrity of the products can be broken, resulting in filling out.
- The dough will be more tender if the flour is sifted before use. And elasticity will give him vegetable oil - it can be added in a small amount, even if it is not indicated in the recipe.
- Ready-made dumplings are smeared with butter immediately or rolled in sour cream. This is done in order to prevent them from sticking together.
Served with raspberry dumplings with powdered sugar, syrup, whipped cream. Somewhat less often they are supplemented with yogurt or sour cream, although with fermented milk products, dumplings are always combined in the best way.
The classic recipe for dumplings with raspberries
- raspberry - 150 g;
- flour - 0, 25-0, 3 kg;
- milk - 0, 2 l;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- salt - a pinch;
- vegetable oil - 10 ml;
- sugar - to taste.
- Loosen the raspberries, rinse them and sprinkle them on a towel so that they dry quickly.
- Sift flour and mix with salt.
- Make a well in the flour and break an egg into it.
- Pour in the milk and stir the dough with a spoon.
- Add butter, stir in a little more spoon, and then knead the dough until hands are ready. To prevent the dough from sticking to the hands, they should be flushed with flour or moistened with vegetable oil.
- Roll the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and set aside for half an hour. This must be done, otherwise the dough may be harsh.
- After the specified time has passed, roll the dough into a layer about 2, 5-3 mm thick. If you make it more subtle, it can break through when boiling dumplings.
- Using a cup neck, cut circles out of dough. Their optimum size is 7-8 cm, but a deviation of 1.5-2 cm in either direction is acceptable.
- Place several berries in the center of each circle, sprinkle them with a small amount of sugar. Lift the edges of each circle and blind them together so that you get semicircles. The edges of the dough should be glued carefully so that they do not stick during boiling. The dough is held together better if its edges are smeared with egg white.
- Combine the dough pieces together, knead a little and roll out into a new layer. Cut out the same circles from it, fill it up, blind.
- In a wide saucepan, boil water, lightly salt it - despite the fact that raspberry dumplings are sweet dishes, they are tastier if boiled in salted water.
- Throw dumplings into boiling water one by one, wait for them to float up.
- Remove the dumplings with a skimmer and place on a platter.
Lubricate the dumplings with butter, sprinkle with powdered sugar or pour syrup when serving.
Dumplings with raspberries on yogurt
- kefir - 0, 5 l;
- raspberry - 0, 25 kg;
- flour - how much kefir will “take” (about 0.5 kg);
- soda - 5 g;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- salt - 2-3 g;
- sugar - to taste.
- Remove kefir from the refrigerator in advance so that it warms to room temperature, or slightly heat it in a water bath.
- Pour salt and soda in a bowl of kefir, stir. Let stand warm for 10 minutes.
- Break an egg into kefir, beat with a whisk.
- When adding flour in small portions, knead the dough. First you have to stir with a spoon, then you will need to knead the dough with your hands. It will take about 20 minutes. The finished dough should be soft, but elastic. It should not stick to hands.
- Cover the dough with a bowl, let it rest for at least 20 minutes.
- During this time, prepare the raspberries by sorting, washing and drying.
- Roll the dough into a sausage, cut a piece and flatten it with a palm to make a flat cake.
- Put some berries on the cake, seal the edges.
- Place the dumplings on a greased multicooker grill. Pour some water into the bowl. Cook for 10 minutes in steam cooking mode.
Serve the ready dumplings with sour cream or yogurt. You can use sweet yogurt with berry filling.
Dumplings with raspberries and vanilla cream
- water - 0, 25 l;
- flour - 0, 35 kg;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- starch - 10 g;
- milk - 0, 25 l;
- sugar - 80 g;
- raspberry - 150 g;
- vanillin - on the tip of a knife;
- sour cream - 50 ml;
- vegetable oil - 50 ml.
- 50 ml of milk mix with starch and whipped egg.
- Mix the rest of the milk with sugar and heat it in a water bath.
- Pour into the hot milk by whipping the mixture with a whisk, a mixture of milk, eggs and starch.
- Cook until the cream thickens. One minute before add vanillin.
- After the cream has cooled slightly, put it in the refrigerator for several hours. Best of all this component fillings prepare in the evening.
- Sift flour, mix it with a pinch of salt.
- Boil water, mix boiling water with butter and pour in flour. Knead the dough.
- After covering the dough with cellophane, set it aside for half an hour.
- Roll the “rested” dough into a thin layer. Cut cups or a cup from it.
- Place an incomplete teaspoon of cream and two berries on each circle. Form dumplings.
- Boil the dumplings in steaming or boiling water.
The raspberry syrup would be the perfect complement for such dumplings. You can serve a dish with yogurt or condensed milk.
Raspberry dumplings are an unusual and very satisfying dessert that will not leave anyone indifferent. If desired, even an inexperienced hostess can cope with cooking, but she, of course, will have to try.