Each housewife tries to feed the loved ones not only with hearty dishes, but at the same time tasty and healthy. If she knows how to make dumplings with fresh or frozen berries, the problem is solved: households, including children, will be happy to eat such a meal, and he will provide their body with essential vitamins. One of the most valuable berries is blueberries, which help strengthen vision. For this reason, dumplings with blueberries will not interfere with the inclusion in the menu of those who work a lot at the computer, reading or doing work that requires eye strain. That is, nowadays this dish is useful for almost everyone.
Dumplings do not belong to the dishes of complex preparation, but not all housewives risk doing them at home. They fear that lovingly molded dumplings will fall apart when cooked or come out not tasty enough. The problem is actually solved simply: you need to find a good recipe and learn the advice of experienced chefs. Armed with this knowledge, even an inexperienced hostess can cook flawless blueberry dumplings on her own.
- In order for the dumplings dough to be soft and tender, it is necessary to sift the flour for it. Due to this, it will be saturated with oxygen and cleaned of unnecessary litter.
- If you add a little vegetable oil to the dough during cooking, it will be less brittle. This is especially important in those cases if you decide to stick dumplings for the future and freeze.
- The elasticity of the dough gives a long kneading. In this case, the flour in it should be added gradually.
- The ready-made dough should be given time to “relax”, then it will be softer and more tender.
- Dumplings can be made from both fresh and frozen berries. Fresh berries need to pre-wash and dry. Wash blueberries should be carefully, dipping in a colander in clean water. It dries faster if it is scattered on a paper towel. Frozen blueberries do not need to be defrosted before cooking, otherwise it will turn into a shapeless mass.
- Given that the berry stuffing always turns out to be juicy, the dough for dumplings with blueberries should not be rolled too thin, its optimal thickness is 2.5-3 mm.
- When steaming the dumplings, you can be sure that they will not be unstuck during cooking. Therefore, for such products you can make a particularly delicate dough on kefir. For boiling in water, it is better to make dough on water or milk.
Homemade dumplings with blueberries can be frozen. Their shelf life in the freezer is 6 months.
The classic recipe for blueberry dumplings
- flour - 0, 4 kg;
- water - 0, 2 l;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- salt - a pinch;
- sugar - to taste;
- blueberries (fresh or frozen) - 0, 4 kg.
- Enume the blueberries, rinse gently and place on a napkin so that water is faster from the berries.
- Sift flour and mix it with salt.
- Make a well in the flour, break an egg into a hole, pour in water and knead the dough. First stir it with a spoon, then knead it with hands.
- Roll the dough into a ball, cover with cling film and set aside for half an hour.
- After a specified time, roll out the dough and cut a cup out of the dough using a cup or a round baking dish.
- Place a spoonful of berries on each circle, sprinkle it with a small amount of sugar. Carefully seal the edges of the dumpling. So that they stick together better, the dough can be smeared around the edges with egg white.
- Boil the water. It should be quite a lot, otherwise the dumplings during cooking will stick together.
- Salt the water and dip the first batch of dumplings into it. Cook them for 2 minutes after they float to the surface, and remove them with a skimmer.
- To prevent the dumplings from sticking together, brush them with butter or sour cream.
Traditionally, blueberry dumplings are served with sour cream, however, yogurt, sweet or savory, can be an equally successful addition to them.
Dumplings with blueberries in blueberry syrup
- flour - 0, 25 kg;
- water - 0, 25 l;
- vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- blueberries - 0, 3 kg;
- salt - a pinch;
- sugar - to taste.
- Mix sifted flour with salt. Measure out the glass.
- Boil half a glass of water, mix with oil.
- Pour the hot water into the flour and knead the dough.
- Cover the dough with cellophane and let it stand for half an hour, during which time prepare the filling and syrup.
- To make the filling and syrup, rinsed or frozen berries should be folded into a sieve and covered with sugar; set the sieve over a bowl or other container where the blueberry juice will flow. Before using the berry for the filling, it should be slightly squeezed.
- Roll out the dough, cut circles out of it, fill with blueberries, fasten the edges.
- Boil the dumplings in boiling water. Take out a slotted spoon.
- Mix blueberry juice with half a glass of water, you can add a little more sugar.
- Put it on the stove and cook until the mixture has the consistency of syrup.
- Pour the dumplings with syrup before serving.
If you decide to use this advice, you will not have to wrestle with what to put blueberry dumplings with. In addition, this recipe is suitable for a lean table.
Dumplings with steamed blueberries in a slow cooker
- flour - 0, 35 kg;
- salt - a pinch;
- soda - a pinch;
- kefir - 0, 25 l;
- blueberries - 0, 4 kg;
- sugar - to taste.
- Go over the blueberries. Wash it and pour on a towel so that the berry dries faster.
- Sift flour, add salt, soda, mix.
- Pour the kefir into the flour. It should be at room temperature, so it should be removed from the refrigerator beforehand.
- Knead the dough. When kneading to increase the elasticity of the dough, you can add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Cover the kneaded dough with cling film, leave it to “rest” for 20-30 minutes.
- Form a sausage from dough. Cut small pieces from it with a knife and flatten it with a hand to make cakes 7-8 cm wide and about 3 mm thick.
- Place a spoonful of blueberries in the center of each tortilla, sprinkle it with sugar to taste.
- Pin the edges of the cakes to form the dumplings.
- Pour two glasses of water into the bowl of the multicooker, place a greased steaming grid on top of it. Put a batch of dumplings on it (so that they do not touch each other in order to avoid their gluing) and start the unit in “Steaming” mode for 10 minutes. In the same way, boil the rest of the dumplings.
Dumplings made in this way are guaranteed to be even and appetizing. So that they do not stick together already in the plate, grease them with melted butter. Serve steamed dumplings in the same way as boiled in the traditional way: with sour cream, yogurt or syrup.
Cooking dumplings with blueberries is not the most difficult task. If you follow the recommendations and recipes, even an inexperienced cook will cope with it. The result is a hearty dish that is enjoyed by both adults and children. In addition, dumplings with blueberries are good for the body.