Pies are one of the most popular types of baking for several reasons. They are tasty, convenient, satisfying, they can be made from a different type of dough with a variety of fillers. Stuffing for pies with cabbage and egg is inexpensive, and time for its preparation does not require much. However, products with it turn out juicy, tender, nourishing and like almost everyone. Despite the simple composition, egg-cabbage filling for pies and pies can be prepared according to several recipes, each of which allows you to get a unique dish.
The process of making pie patties and cabbage eggs can not be called difficult, but still, without knowing some of the points, the cook may be disappointed with the results of his labors.
- Stuffing for pies can be made from any kind of cabbage: white, red, cauliflower, broccoli. The only important thing is that it is not rotten or spoiled. When choosing for the patty filling of white cabbage, you should prefer vegetables of later varieties, as they are more juicy.
- For the filling, use fresh, frozen and fermented vegetables. Fresh need to wash, dry, chop and boil until soft, and only then use to prepare the filling. If this is not done, the vegetables may not have time to bake before the dough is baked, as a result, the filling will be hard, and eating the cakes filled with it will not be too pleasant. Sauerkraut is washed before cooking, then stewed or fried. This is done to make it taste less sour. Frozen vegetables can be boiled or extinguished without defrosting, and then chopped.
- It is required to chop the cabbage for the pie filling finely, only then the baking will be tender and tasty. If you finely chop the cabbage with a knife you can not, you can use a special shredder. Almost every grater has a side with two long holes, it is designed for chopping cabbage.
- After stewing the cabbage, excess liquid is drained, otherwise the filling will turn out watery, soak the dough.
- Eggs for the filling should be boiled, cooled, peeled and finely chopped with a knife. Use of a grater is allowed. Raw eggs in the cabbage stuffing is not put.
- To make the filling more pleasant, it is fried in butter or vegetable oil, supplemented with onions, carrots, mushrooms and other ingredients, seasoned to taste.
- Before spreading the dough onto the dough and making the patties, it needs to be cooled. Otherwise the dough will evaporate, become sticky and slippery. It will have a negative effect on the organoleptic qualities of the finished dish.
The filler for cabbage pies with eggs can be made tender and savory, simple or multi-ingredient. The taste of the pies will be affected not only by the composition of the filling, but also by the method of its preparation. Only by observing the instructions accompanying a specific recipe, you will be able to get the expected result and prevent critical errors.
Stuffing for fresh cabbage pies with eggs
- white cabbage - 0, 3 kg;
- chicken egg - 3 pcs .;
- onions - 100 g;
- butter - 40 g;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Wash the cabbage by removing the top leaves. Cut the cabbage into several pieces, one of which will weigh about 300-350 g. Cut the stalk.
- Chop the cabbage finely, place it in a colander. If it is not big enough, put half of cabbage in it or even less, that is, how much will go.
- In a large saucepan, boil water, put a colander with cabbage into it for 3-5 minutes. Remove the colander from the pan, let it drain, put the cabbage in a bowl. Also boil the remaining cabbage until half cooked.
- Peel onions, finely chop.
- In a deep frying pan, melt the butter, put the onion in it and fry it until soft.
- Transfer the cabbage to the onion, mix. Cover the pan with a lid. Then boil the cabbage on low heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring it a couple of times.
- Boil the eggs, cool them by placing them under a stream of cold water. Free from the shell, cut into small cubes.
- Put the cabbage back in a bowl, add salt and season to taste. Pour crushed eggs to it. Stir, trying to spread the eggs evenly in the vegetable mass.
Wait until the filling has completely cooled. After that, it can be used for cooking pies, both fried and baked.
Stuffed from sauerkraut and eggs for pies
- sauerkraut - 0, 2 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- chicken egg - 3 pcs.
- Rinse the cabbage. If she was sour, being chopped large, chop it with a knife.
- Scrape, wash carrots. Drain it with a napkin. Grind grated with large or medium holes.
- Free the onion from the husk and cut it in small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, put onions and carrots in it. Fry them on medium heat until golden brown.
- Put sauerkraut to roasted vegetables. Turn down the heat. Simmer the cabbage, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Cool boiled eggs cool under running cold water, peel. Grind on a coarse grater.
When the vegetables have cooled, mix them with the eggs. After that, the filling for the pies can be considered ready.
Stuffing for cauliflower patties and eggs
- cauliflower - 0.5 kg;
- green onions - 100 g;
- chicken egg - 4 pcs .;
- butter - 40 g;
- salt - to taste.
- Put water into a large saucepan, add salt to it at the rate of 10 g per 1 l of water, lower the cauliflower into the salt solution. Hold it in water for 20 minutes. If insects float to the surface, remove them - soaking in saline is just made to clean the vegetable from the bugs.
- Divide the cabbage into florets and rinse them well. Clean or cut off dark or heavily soiled areas.
- Boil clean water in a saucepan, add salt. Dip the prepared cabbage into the water, boil it for 7-10 minutes. Throw in a colander so that the water is glass, the cabbage has cooled.
- Finely chop the cabbage, place in a bowl.
- Eggs boil hard boiled. After cooling them under running cold water, clean. Cut into cubes of medium size, transfer to a container with cauliflower.
- Wash the spring onions, shake it off of the water. Drain it with a kitchen towel. Finely chop and send to the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir in cabbage, onions and eggs.
- Melt the butter over low heat, pour into a container with the prepared products, mix them again.
Wait for the cauliflower and eggs to cool, then you can use it for its intended purpose. Preparing a patty filling according to this recipe, you can replace the cauliflower in whole or in part with broccoli, thanks to which the dish will acquire a new taste and become even more useful.
Thoroughs with cabbage and eggs turn out tasty, juicy, nourishing. They can be filled with several recipes, each of which has its own advantages. Most often, the filler for pies is made from white cabbage, fresh or fermented, because this vegetable is most accessible. However, you can make a pie filling from other types of cabbage, including broccoli and cauliflower.