Potatoes and onions are the most popular filling for pies.
Baking with such stuffing always turns out delicious, satisfying, these ingredients are in every home, and the recipes of such pies are an incredible amount.
Meet the best?
Potato and onion pie - general principles of cooking
Pie toppings are made from raw, boiled or stewed potatoes. Sometimes mashed potatoes are used. Onions are added bulb or green feathers. In the second embodiment, it does not require any pre-processing. Onions can be laid raw, but sometimes it is pre-fried or just doused with boiling water.
In addition to onions and potatoes, you can add other vegetables, meat, fish, sausages, cheese to the filling. There are also no restrictions on the number of spices, herbs.
Pies can be cooked closed or open. Potato fillings are perfectly combined with yeast, sand, puff pastry. You can pour the minced liquid dough on kefir or sour cream. Pies are baked mainly in the oven or in the slow cooker.
Recipe 1: Pie with potatoes and onions from yeast dough
Recipe closed cake with potatoes and onions, for which yeast dough is used on water with butter.
• 10 grams of yeast;
• 3 cups flour;
• 150 grams of oil;
• 200 ml of water;
• 1 spoon of sugar;
• 5 potatoes;
• 2 onions;
• 1 yolk;
• 80 grams of oil;
• spices, greens.
1. We throw butter in a saucepan and put it on the stove, melt until all the lumps disappear, turn it off and mix with water. It should make a warm liquid, add sugar and a little salt, add yeast and then flour. Leave the dough to ferment for 2 hours, crush once. If the room is cool, then keep it longer. 2. Boil the potatoes, remove the skin and cut it into slices.
3. We cut onions and passeur on prescription oil, in the end we put potatoes, spices, cool. We fill with greens.
4. We take out the dough that has already come up a second time and divide it in half. Roll out two buns and form a pie with a filling in the middle.
5. Beat the yolk and a teaspoon of water, lubricate the top of the cake and send to bake until the dough is ready. Approximately 15 minutes at 200.
Recipe 2: Pie with potatoes and onions in the oven from the batter
Variant of quick pie with potatoes and onions, which is made from light dough on kefir. Green onions are used for the filling, but if desired, you can put in minced meat and onion heads, cut and pre-fried with butter. Turn on the oven for 200. The same recipe can be adapted to the slow cooker.
In the dough:
• 2 eggs;
• 250 ml of kefir;
• 1 cup flour;
• salt, soda;
• a little sugar.
• bunch of onions;
• 3-4 boiled potatoes;
• oil and seasonings.
1. Beat the recipe eggs with a pinch of salt, pour in kefir with soda slaked in it and it remains to add flour. The dough should not be thick, but not too thin.
2. Cut boiled potatoes and mix with chopped green onions, add seasonings, pour in a little vegetable oil to make the filling juicier, stir.
3. We take any form, you can even silicone. Pour half of the cooked dough on it. The capacity is twisted, so that the mass is distributed evenly.
4. Spread the filling.
5. Pour the second part of the dough, it is better to do it with a spoon, so the layer will be even.
6. We send to bake in the oven for 20 minutes, but we look on readiness.
Recipe 3: Potato pie and shortbread onions
Another version of the pie with potatoes and onions, the dough for which does not need to stand for a long time. It is enough just to cool it down a bit in the freezer. The filling is prepared from raw potatoes, onions. Ingredients
• 80 grams of butter (margarine, fat);
• 1 tsp. salts;
• 2 cups of flour;
• 0.5 tsp. baking powder;
• 180 ml sour cream.
• 0.4 kg of potatoes;
• 2 onions;
1. Combine the oil with flour, baking powder and salt. Rub it all together into a crumb. If margarine is used, it may already be salty, be sure to try.
2. Add sour cream to flour crumb and mix well. Divide into two pieces, one should be slightly smaller. Sent in the freezer.
3. Clean the potatoes and cut very thin slices, add the chopped onion, throw the seasonings and stir.
4. We take out a bigger lump of dough and roll it into a layer, shift it into a mold, make sides of 1.5 cm from all sides.
5. Lay out a layer of raw potato filling.
6. Now we get a smaller lump of dough and also roll out the layer, close the cake. From above we make small holes or just cuts with a knife.
7. Bake at 180 degrees for about 40 minutes. After removing from the oven, grease the top with a piece of butter or a few drops of vegetable oil.
Recipe 4: Pie with potatoes and onions in an oven of puff pastry
A variant of the simplest pie with potatoes and onions, which any person can cope with. After all, for its preparation, you do not even need to knead anything, since the ready-made dough is used. Stuffing from mashed potatoes.
• 1 pack of dough;
• 0.5 kg mashed potatoes;
• 2 bulbs;
• 1 egg.
1. Immediately we take out the dough and leave it on the table, let it thaw. We put the oven on 200 and also turn it on immediately.
2. Cut the onion and passe in a frying pan, mix with mashed potatoes and minced meat is ready. But you can add a little sausage mushrooms, any seasoning, and even canned fish. Full freedom of action!
3. Roll out the dough puff. It is better to cook a rectangular cake, so there will be no extra scraps. Divide in half. 4. Shift one layer on a baking sheet, spread mashed potatoes on it and cover with second layer.
5. The edges need to be firmly twisted together, since in the baking process they can disperse.
6. Beat up the egg and lubricate the cake well, make holes on the top and send to bake. Focusing on the readiness of the test.
Recipe 5: Pie with potatoes, onions and minced meat
Option pie with the addition of minced meat. The filling is laid raw, which makes baking very juicy. The dough for this cake is prepared on kefir with sour cream and it also applies to quick options.
• 3 potatoes;
• 1 onion;
• 0.3 kg minced meat;
• 1 cup of kefir;
• 1 cup sour cream;
• 3 eggs;
• 2 cups of flour;
• 0.1 kg of oil (melt);
• 1.5 tsp. ripper;
• 2 cups of flour.
1. Grind the onions and combine with twisted minced meat. You can just mince together. We fill with spices, we salt. To taste you can add a little garlic.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut into thin circles.
3. Mix eggs with kefir and sour cream, add to them butter with baking powder and salt. Pour prescription flour, the dough is well stirred.
4. Pour into the form of half the oil and lay out an even layer of potato circles.
5. Sprinkle with minced meat and onions.
6. Pour the meat filling with the remnants of dough and immediately send the cake to the oven.
7. Bake at 180 until ready. Since the filling of raw products, the process will take at least 40 minutes.
Recipe 6: Pie with potatoes, mushrooms and onions in the oven
This cake is made from yeast dough in milk. We make it at least 2 hours before the expected baking time. Mushrooms are used marinated.
• 0.3 liters of milk;
• 8 grams of yeast;
• 20 grams of sugar;
• 1 pinch of salt;
• 50 ml of oil;
For the filling:
• 5 potatoes;
• 1 bunch of green onions; • 0.15 kg of mushrooms;
1. Heat the milk and add sugar and yeast to it, leave for five minutes. Next, put a pinch of salt, pour in the oil and pour so much flour to make a steep, but not solid dough.
2. Boil the potatoes and cut into cubes, put the mushrooms in it. They are cut into thin plates or the same cubes. Add green onions and spices, stir.
3. We take out the dough, divide in half for the upper and lower layers.
4. We form an ordinary pie with a filling in the middle. Lubricate the tip of the egg and send bake.
5. Preparing such a pie quickly enough 18-20 minutes at 200 degrees.
Recipe 7: Pie with potatoes and onions in a slow cooker
Variant of the wonderful cake, which is adapted for baking in a slow cooker. But it can also be cooked in the oven.
• 0.2 kg sour cream;
• 2 cups of flour;
• 0.5 tsp. soda;
• 0.5 kg of potatoes;
• 2 onions;
• some oil;
• 0.1 kg of cheese.
1. Boil the potatoes and cut into cubes. We also chop the onion and pass it lightly in oil, mix it with the potatoes and cool.
2. Put the grated cheese, herbs, salt into the cooled filling and sprinkle with black pepper. All mix well and you can begin to knead the dough.
3. Put soda in sour cream, stir it for quenching, salt and add flour. Here is a simple and fast dough happened.
4. Divide the dough in half and roll out two thin cakes.
5. Lay one layer in a slow cooker, then stuffing and cover the cake with a second flat cake.
6. It remains to seal the edges together and you can bake the cake in the appropriate mode.
Recipe 8: An open pie with potatoes and onions in the oven
For an open pie in the oven, we will use any yeast dough per 300 ml of liquid. That is, you need a small piece of about 700 grams.
Ingredients • 0.7 kg of dough;
• 3 boiled potatoes;
• 2 onions;
• 30 grams of oil;
• 2 eggs;
• 4 tablespoons sour cream;
• 80 grams of cheese;
• 4 sprigs of dill.
1. Beat the eggs with sour cream, add salt, pepper and grated cheese. Stir and while filling fill in the fridge.
2. Cut onion and pass in oil to transparency, cool.
3. Cut potatoes in any way and mix with onions.
4. Roll out one cake out of the yeast dough, make small sides and lay out the potato filling.
5. Sprinkle with chopped dill.
6. Pour over egg sauce with sour cream and cheese from above, try to distribute it evenly.
7. Bake the cake until tender at 200 degrees. Cool slightly before serving.
Potato and onion pie - tips and tricks
• If the closed pie is cooked with raw stuffing, then on the top you must make holes for the steam to exit. Otherwise, boiling minced juice will tear the product in different places, which will give baking an unsightly look.
• If the cake has dried up and it has a hard crust, then you can sprinkle it with water and put it in a microwave for a couple of minutes.
• No time to cook potatoes for the filling? Slice the root vegetable into the desired pieces, pour in a couple of tablespoons of water, cover and place in the microwave for 5 minutes.
• To make the boiled potato filling not scatter, you can add a little grated cheese or a raw egg and mix well.