To cook a pie with fish and potatoes, you do not need to be a professional cook or have a lot of free time.
And the more complete refrigerator with food.
This is one of the easiest, easiest and most inexpensive baking options you can do at home.
As in the fairy tale about the bun, you only need to get a bit of flour, a couple of potatoes and a little fish.
Or find a jar of canned food.
Fish and Potato Pie - General Cooking Principles
The dough can be made yeast or soda (ripper). Choose the most suitable option. But remember that yeast dough will need to stand for a couple of hours. You can also make a pie from the already finished dough, for example, puff.
The filling can be made from fresh fish or canned food. Products cut into small pieces or just mash with a fork. Potatoes are added raw or boiled. Often in a stuffing put onions, greens, all sorts of spices.
Cakes are made open or closed. They bake mainly in the oven at a temperature of 170-200 degrees. Or in the slow cooker in the appropriate mode.
Recipe 1: Fish Pie with Yeast Dough Potato
The recipe for a simple pie with fish and potato dough on yeast without eggs. For the filling we will use canned saury in oil.
• 0.25 liters of milk;
• a pinch of salt;
• spoon sugar;
• 0.5 bags of yeast;
• 40 ml of oil;
• 2.5-3 cups of flour.
For the filling:
• 5 potatoes (about 300 grams);
• 2 onions;
• saury bank;
• a piece of butter.
1. Heat the milk, dissolve the yeast with salt, add sugar. Gradually introduce the sifted flour and finish with vegetable oil. Stir the dough for 1.5 hours to keep warm.
2. Tubers and onions clean, cut into thin circles.
3. Open the jar with saury, remove the spinal bones, knead the fish into pieces. 4. We get the approached dough, divide in half. One part can be made a little more than the other. But not much.
5. Roll out one cake and lay out on the bottom of the form.
6. Top sliced potatoes.
7. We put onions on it. Sprinkle vegetables with spices, put salt slightly, as the top will be canned fish.
8. On the onion lay out the fish and scatter small pieces of butter. This step can be skipped, but the filling is so juicier and more aromatic.
9. Roll out another cake from the remaining piece of the test. Cover the cake, make several holes on top.
10. Bake at 180 ° C in a preheated oven for about 45 minutes. Then we get, and while the cake is hot, grease with a cloth dipped in vegetable oil.
Recipe 2: Sealed cake with fish and yeast dough potatoes on kefir
Another option yeast dough for the cake with potatoes and fish. This time we will use fresh fish, but rather fillets.
• 1 bag of yeast;
• 120 g margarine;
• flour, salt;
• 0.25 l kefir;
• 1 egg;
• 130 g sour cream;
• a spoon of milk;
In the filling:
• 300 grams of fish fillets;
• 4 potatoes;
• 30 grams of oil;
• 1 onion;
1. Dilute the yeast in kefir, put sour cream, a pinch of salt and a couple of tablespoons of sugar, mix. Break the egg, send the protein to the dough, leave the yolk for brushing. Melt the margarine and add to the dough, pour the flour and knead. It will leave about 600 grams. You do not need to pour a lot, the dough should turn out weak, a little sticky.
2. Cover the dough with a towel and let go 2 times.
3. Boil the potatoes in the uniform, then peel and cut into cubes.
4. Fish fillet cut into cubes or strips, also onions.
5. Fry the fish with onions for 5-7 minutes in a frying pan. Stuff with salt, pepper, at the end add chopped potatoes and turn them off. Cooling down.
6. As soon as the dough came up a second time, pinch off half and stretch the hands along the bottom of the form. 7. Spread the filling.
8. Now you need to stretch the second part of the dough and cover the cake. We pinch the edges, in the center we make a round hole for the steam to come out.
9. Whip the yolk, grease the top of the cake and bake. We focus on the dough, as the filling is already prepared.
Recipe 3: Fish and Potato Pie Pie
The peculiarity of jellied pie with potatoes and fish is the ease of cooking. And it's almost impossible to spoil it. Baking always turns out lush, airy and incredibly tasty.
• 1 onion;
• 1/2 tsp. food soda;
• 250 grams of kefir (yogurt, ryazhenka, liquid sour cream);
• 1 cup flour;
• 2 eggs;
• spoon of butter;
• 1-2 potatoes;
• bank of pink salmon.
1. Put soda in kefir so that it is extinguished. Add salt and beat the eggs, stir with a whisk. Put the flour and the dough is ready!
2. Cut the peeled potato into very small cubes. If the tuber is small, it is better to take two things.
3. Also clean onion bulb, finely cut and fry with oil in a skillet until transparent.
4. Open the pink salmon, knead with a fork into smaller pieces.
5. Mix vegetables with pink salmon, add spices, you can put chopped dill twigs or onion feathers.
6. Pour into the mold half of the dough.
7. Spread the filling.
8. And now pour the fish from the top with potato dough and bake! Set at 180 ° C, bake for 40 minutes.
Recipe 4: Cake with fish and potato puff pastry
For this recipe, it is better to use yeast puff pastry. With yeast-free it turns out not so tasty. We will make the filling of canned fish, but you can also take fried or boiled in an amount of about 250 grams.
• 300 grams of dough;
• spoon of mayonnaise;
• 1 potato;
• 1 can of canned food in oil;
• 0.5 bunches of parsley;
Cooking 1. We clean the tuber, cut into two parts, and then with very thin semiring. We set aside.
2. Open the canned food and knead the contents into small pieces. If you just use fish, then fry, boil and cut into small pieces, for taste, you can mix with oil and spices.
3. Wash the parsley, finely chop.
4. A piece of puff pastry roll out thinner and divide into two rectangles - a big one and a smaller one.
5. Most of the spread on a baking sheet and grease with butter.
6. Spread slices of potatoes over the entire surface, sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and then parsley leaves.
7. From above there is a fish. We try to expand it as evenly as possible.
8. Cover the cake with a smaller layer, lift the bottom edges and pinch.
9. It remains only to send to the oven warmed to 190 degrees and wait 40 minutes.
Recipe 5: Pie with fish and potatoes open
A variant of the pie from the French pastry with yeast. For filling you need to take fresh pink salmon and potato-boiled tubers, but first things first.
• flour 4 glasses;
• spoon of yeast;
• 0.2 liters of milk;
• 1/3 spoon of salt;
• spoon of sugar;
• 200 grams of oil;
• 4 boiled potatoes;
• 600 grams of pink salmon fillet;
• green onions;
• spices and oil.
1. We combine the yeast with sugar and salt, add milk, melted butter, beaten egg and flour. Make enough dough so that you can twist the flagella out of it. Leave in warm for two hours.
2. Cut the pink salmon fillet into straws, sprinkle with salt, seasoning, add 3-5 spoons of vegetable oil and mix.
3. We will clean the boiled tubers, then grate them large or chop finely, chop the feathers of green onions.
4. We take out our dough, separate the third and leave for registration. From the rest we roll out the layer a little more than our form. We put with small sides. 5. Lubricate the base with oil, spread the chopped potatoes, season with salt.
6. Fall asleep with green onions, and on top lay the pieces of pink salmon. If it has absorbed not all the butter, then we simply pour it into the pie.
7. The remains of the dough need to roll out a long ribbon, cut into thin flagella and form a mesh or patterns, curls over the pink salmon.
8. Grease, bake.
Recipe 6: Cake with fish and potatoes in mayonnaise “Skory”
Another quick and jellied pie with fish and potatoes. The dough is mixed in mayonnaise. The recipe is suitable not only for the oven, but also for baking in a slow cooker. In this case, we put everything in the container and bake on the corresponding program for about an hour.
• 0.2 kg of mayonnaise;
• 2 eggs;
• 1 tsp. soda;
• 1 cup flour;
• one can of canned food;
• 2 potatoes.
1. We mix the mayonnaise with soda, leave for 10 minutes. Then put everything else on the list and mix.
2. Rub peeled potatoes on a fine grater, squeeze out excess juice. Cut the onion. Add mashed canned food, mix. Optionally, you can add herbs, any seasoning.
3. We spread in the form of half the dough, then cooked filling and again the dough.
4. We send to bake until done about 50 minutes. We set the temperature to 170.
Recipe 7: Fish, Potato and Cheese Pie
A juicy version of an open pie, but this time under a fragrant cheese crust. Any dough is suitable for it. To fill the need raw fish, it is better to immediately take the fillet.
• 0.4 kg of dough;
• 250 grams of fish;
• 0.13 kg of cheese;
• 4 boiled potatoes;
• green onions;
• 2 eggs;
• 3 tablespoons sour cream.
1. Cut fish fillets into strips, then fry with butter in a pan.
2. Chop boiled potatoes arbitrarily, chop the onion and mix. We salt, we pepper. 3. Eggs break immediately into a bowl, mix with sour cream.
4. Roll out the cake. We put in shape, do not forget to make small bumpers.
5. Lubricate with vegetable oil and lay a layer of potatoes with onions.
6. Now lay out the fish, evenly pour pouring from the egg with sour cream.
7. Fall asleep with grated cheese and in the oven! After half an hour, you can enjoy a fragrant cake with a juicy filling under a crispy crust.
Fish and Potato Pie - Tips and Tricks
• Beautiful cake - smeared cake. Usually an egg or yolk is used for this. But if it is not there, then you can do with a few drops of butter after baking, or at least take a slice of margarine over a hot surface.
• Baking from yeast dough will be successful and will not black out for a long time if it is sufficiently sour. It is believed that the mass should rise in the heat twice, and only after that you can begin to form the product.
• Silicone molds are great for fill pies. Products never stick to them, bake well and look beautiful.
• If fresh onions are added to the filling, it should be scalded with boiling water. In this case, it is better baked, will not crunch, the taste will be softer.
• Is the top of the cake getting fried too fast and even started to burn? Dampen a sheet of ordinary paper with water and place on top. Periodically it will need to be moistened or replaced with a new leaflet.