What could be more delicious than homemade chocolate-coated desserts? Just a lot of icing!
Absolutely everything can be decorated with chocolate: cakes, cakes, donuts, cookies, gingerbread ... and even fruit. Such delicacies will be appreciated by guests and households, and making a sweet coating is much easier than it may seem.
Homemade Chocolate Icing - General Cooking Principles
Any chocolate icing consists of chocolate, cocoa, or a mixture of both. Cocoa happens with sugar and without it. It is better to use bitter powder, requiring boiling. With it, the taste will be more saturated and in most culinary recipes it is indicated its quantity. Before use, you should carefully knead the lumps, sift if necessary. Homemade chocolate icing with cocoa needs to be cooked on fire, this kind of cooking is extremely rare in a water bath.
Chocolate for glaze you can use any, but for the coating to be bright and fragrant, it is advisable to choose a product containing at least 70% cocoa. The tile will need to be broken, you can chop and melt to a liquid state. It is more convenient to do this in a water or steam bath. To do this, put a bowl on a pot of boiling water and continue heating.
The common ingredients in the glaze are: sugar (powder), dairy products, butter (butter, vegetable). Starch and gelatin can also be added as thickeners. Regardless of the type of ingredients, ultimately you need to achieve a homogeneous mass. Therefore, in bulk products, it is necessary to remove all the lumps and sift the powders through a strainer. Oils and dairy products should be selected with a maximum percentage of fat, otherwise there is a chance that homemade chocolate icing will not harden or the process of hardening will take too long.
Recipe 1: Chocolate Icing on Cocoa Milk
A common and simple way to make homemade chocolate icing with cocoa powder. It turns out much cheaper than using ready-made chocolate bars. It will take a small saucepan or ladle, we will cook directly on the stove, without a water bath.
• 3 spoons of milk;
• sugar 5 spoons;
• 3 spoons of cocoa;
• 50 gr. oils.
1. Pour sugar into the cooking pot, add cocoa and mix dry products well to avoid lumps.
2. Add milk, butter, put on the stove.
3. Cook over low heat, interfere continuously, make sure that the mass is not burnt.
4. After 2 minutes, drip a spoonful of homemade icing on a saucer chilled in the freezer. If the drop freezes, then you can turn off the fire and use it as directed.
5. If the mass spreads and does not harden, then we increase the cooking time, every half-minute we check the product for density.
Recipe 2: Glossy Chocolate Icing with Cream
Ideal for homemade icing baking, which stands out with a beautiful, shiny surface. Perfect for cake and cakes bird's milk. The recipe uses ready-made chocolate, it is important that it be without additives and contain at least 70% cocoa beans. Cream should be fatty, not vegetable.
• 0.12 kg of chocolate;
• 2 teaspoons of powdered sugar;
• 50 ml of water;
• 50 ml of cream;
• 30 gr. butter.
1. Break open the chocolate bars into cubes, put them in a bowl and put them on the steam bath. The container should not touch the water, we will drown over the steam released during boiling.
2. As soon as the tiles begin to melt, add water a little, mix.
3. Pour the powdered sugar, continue to hold the bowl over the steam.
4. Add cream, mix.
5. The last ingredient is butter. Once it is melted, homemade icing is ready and you can put on glossy clothes on baking.
Recipe 3: Chocolate Icing for Gelatin Cake
The peculiarity of this homemade chocolate icing for a cake is that it always hardens, lays down evenly and shines remarkably. It turns out the mirror surface, which looks particularly impressive on baking without additional decorations. Ideally, you need to use gelatin in the leaves, but since today it is difficult to purchase, we will use ordinary powder, it is better to take instant. Ingredients
• 2 tsp. gelatin (or 3 leaves);
• 0.18 kg of sugar;
• 0.13 ml of cream not less than 30%;
• 0.14 liters of water;
• 0.07 kg of cocoa.
1. Add 40 ml of water to gelatin, set aside to swell.
2. Mix cocoa with sugar, pour in the rest of the water and cream. We put on the stove.
3. Cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes. We remove.
4. Add the dissolved gelatin to the hot mass, stir vigorously until complete dissolution.
5. Cool the chocolate icing for the cakes to a temperature of 45-50 degrees and use as intended.
Recipe 4: Chocolate icing for a cake with condensed milk
You can use cocoa or ready-made chocolate to make such a homemade chocolate icing, but it is very important that the tile is dark, high-quality, without palm fats. We will cook on the powder, with a brush it will be brighter. Condensed milk need to use Gostovskaya, without vegetable oils. Otherwise, the frosting may simply not harden. Sugar recipe is not.
• 3 spoons of cocoa;
• 4 tablespoons of softened butter;
• 4 tablespoons of condensed milk (not boiled, plain white).
1. Put the saucepan on the stove and put the butter in it, melt.
2. Add cocoa powder (or chocolate, broken into small pieces, about 70 grams), mix well.
3. Pour in condensed milk and hold until boiling, the mass can quickly burn, so do not cease to interfere.
4. Remove from heat, cool to 50-60 ° C and cover the prepared surface.
Recipe 5: Chocolate icing for cocoa cake with sour cream
Well, a very quick option for making homemade chocolate icing for cocoa cake, which will take only a few minutes to prepare. The perfect recipe for those who do not have a large number of products or time to decorate a homemade cake. Sour cream is better to use fatty, homemade, to reduce the amount of water in the product.
• 2 tbsp. l cocoa;
• 2 tbsp. l sour cream; • 2 spoons of sugar.
1. Combine all the ingredients and rub with a spoon until smooth. This should be done immediately in a saucepan, in which we will cook the icing.
2. Send the saucepan with the ingredients to the stove, heat until boiling, cool slightly and pour the cake.
Of course, this option does not have a beautiful, glossy finish, but it is ideal for sprinkling nuts, coconut chips, and decorative dragees. It is important to apply the dressing until the icing hardens. If they are made on the basis of sugar, the surface should not be hot.
Recipe 6: Chocolate Icing for Cocoa Cake with Favorite Cognac
An interesting variation of homemade chocolate icing for a cocoa cake, which has a bright, nutty flavor. It gives the addition of brandy, but only if it is real. Some housewives prepare this glaze with the addition of rum or liquor, in which case it acquires a slightly different taste, depending on the product. In this recipe you need to use bitter cocoa powder, without adding sugar.
• 60 gr. cocoa;
• spoon of brandy;
• 2 spoons of milk;
• 30 gr. oils;
• 60 gr. Sahara.
1. Mix cocoa powder with sugar, add milk and set on the stove. Stir until the grains are completely dissolved.
2. Enter the sliced butter, cook for 3 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, pour brandy, stir, cool slightly and decorate the cake.
Recipe 7: Chocolate icing for chocolate cake with eggs
The recipe is very delicate and airy homemade icing for a cake made of chocolate, which resembles a soufflé. You can also use it for cakes, fill baskets, nuts, it looks interesting when you make a mini-cupcake cakes. It is important to use high-quality chicken eggs, as they are not cooked.
• 60 gr. butter and dark chocolate;
• 2 eggs.
1. Butter should be kept for several hours outside the refrigerator to make it soft. 2. Separate the yolks from proteins. Beat whites to dense peaks using a mixer or whisk. Pound the yolks in a separate bowl with a spoon to white color, to speed up the process, you can also use a mixer.
3. Chop the chocolate on a fairly large grater or finely chop with a large knife. You can just break the cubes, but it will be longer.
4. Put a bowl in the water bath and melt the tiles.
5. Add the softened butter and immediately remove from heat. Mix the mass until complete dissolution of the fatty pieces.
6. We enter the pounded yolks, we intensively stir.
7. Carefully introduce protein foam, mix and decorate the cake. This icing solidifies for a long time, it can seize up to 2 hours, but it does not crumble or peel when cutting the cake.
Recipe 8: Chocolate icing for chocolate cake with potato starch
This homemade chocolate cake icing also contains cocoa, which makes the taste more saturated, and the color is bright. Starch before use must necessarily pass through a sieve, knead the remaining lumps, so that they do not spoil the final look of the coating. From this amount of products a rather large portion is obtained, which is enough to cover a good cake. Powder is used instead of sugar.
• 0.15 kg of powder;
• 5 spoons of milk;
• 50 gr. chocolate and butter;
• 1 spoon with a hill of starch;
• 3 spoons of dark cocoa.
Method of preparation
1. In a saucepan, mix icing sugar with starch, add cocoa and milk.
2. Cut the chocolate bar into pieces, cut the butter and send it all together into a saucepan. Mix with the rest of the ingredients.
3. We put on a slow fire and continuously cook until light thickens. As soon as the mass begins to remain on the spoon, you need to remove it from the heat, let it cool for a while and can be used. For a smoother coating, you can flatten the surface with a knife, after a few minutes the traces flow down, and they will not be visible.
Recipe 9: Chocolate Glaze with Gourmet Honey
In this chocolate glaze, except for powdered sugar, honey is added, it gives the product an additional flavor, makes the coating shiny and smooth. You can use any honey, including candied. There is no need to melt in advance, under the action of temperatures the pieces will quickly disperse and the mass will take on a uniform consistency. Ready-made chocolate is used, dairy can be used in this recipe.
• 0.1 kg of chocolate;
• 2 spoons of honey;
• 0.05 kg butter;
• 4 spoons of milk and powder.
Method of preparation
1. Break the pieces of chocolate and put in a bowl. We put in a water bath.
2. Add chopped butter, melt.
3. As soon as the mass begins to melt, pour in the milk, mix.
4. Pour the powder, keep in a water bath until the mass becomes homogeneous.
5. Remove from heat, add honey and mix vigorously for a minute until it is completely dissolved.
6. You can use the mass as intended.
Recipe 10: White Chocolate Icing for Chocolate Cake
White chocolate icing for the cake can also be used for the main coating or for decoration. With its help, you can easily draw stripes on a dark background or, on the contrary, with classic chocolate over a white coating. Zebra cakes are made this way. If you need clear stripes, then you need to wait until the base layer hardens. For diffuse patterns, chocolate must be applied to a fresh surface.
• 0.2 kg of white chocolate;
• 0.1 kg of icing sugar;
• 3 spoons of milk.
Method of preparation
1. Chop the chocolate bars with arbitrary, not very large pieces. Fold in a bowl and send to the water bath. White chocolate directly on the stove or in the microwave can not be heated, it is quite a capricious product.
2. Add powdered sugar and milk, mix and continue cooking until the mass is completely homogeneous.
3. Remove from heat, let cool to 50 degrees and cover the desired surface. For strips, you can fold the mass in a pastry bag or draw patterns with a spoon.
Recipe 11: Homemade Chocolate Icing for Milk Cake with Flour
The peculiarity of this recipe is that you can easily change the thickness of the chocolate icing by adding flour. If you need to make the mass more liquid, then you can pour in an additional amount of milk. Preparing icing based on cocoa powder.
• 20 gr. flour;
• 0.1 kg of sugar;
• 40 gr. cocoa;
• 80 ml of milk;
• 50 g of oil.
1. To avoid lumps in the cooking process, pour sugar, cocoa and flour into a bowl, rub well with a spoon.
2. Add milk, chopped butter, and put on the stove. The fire must be small.
3. Cook the mass until thickened, you need to mix continuously, scraping the setting layer from the sides and bottom of the saucepan.
4. Cool the chocolate icing to a warm state, lubricate the surface and leave to harden.
Recipe 12: “White with cream” homemade chocolate icing
The option of making a very delicate and soft chocolate coating, which also uses ready-made white tile. In the recipe are cream, their fat content should not be less than 30%. Herbal product is not suitable for whipping, the cream must be natural, without sugar and additives.
• 0.15 liters of cream;
• 0.2 kg of white chocolate;
• Vanillin to taste.
1. We grind tiles, we send to melt on a water bath.
2. At this time, whip the cream with a mixer in a strong foam. You can immediately add vanilla or any other flavor. If you plan to paint the glaze, then it is better to add pigments at this stage too, using a mixer, they are evenly distributed in the mass.
3. Combine both masses, mix with a usual spoon and decorate cakes, pastries, any pastries.
Homemade Chocolate Icing - Tips and Tricks
• Is there any icing left after finishing the cake? You can pour it into a plastic bag, cool it and put it in the fridge. It will remarkably lie for several weeks before making the next delicacy, all that remains is to melt it. • If chocolate flavoring is added to homemade icing along with cocoa, the taste of the sweet coating will become more saturated.
• White chocolate cannot be brought to a boil in a water bath and overheated; flakes may appear in it or the mass will become plasticine, matte. The optimum temperature is 70-80 degrees.
• Glaze turned out too thick and falls on the surface stripes? Add some vegetable oil to the saucepan and heat. The same technique can be used to give a glossy shine.
• Before decorating any surface, it is necessary to cool the glaze slightly so that it becomes thicker and does not flow down from the surface. The cooled and thick mass, on the contrary, needs to be slightly warmed up so that it lies smoother.
• It is important to remember that the icing is not applied to the cream, no matter what it is made of. The ideal surface is a simple cake, soaked in syrup. Also, it can be smeared with a thin layer of jam, jam. In this case, the coating will lie flat and there will be no problems with hardening.
• Cocoa powder takes a lot of moisture, so if you want to add it more than indicated in the recipe, the amount of liquid will also have to be increased.