Whatever delicious cookies, they are still greeted by their clothes, that is, by their appearance.
Painted, bright and beautiful products cause not only appetite, but also admiration.
Glaze is most often used for decoration, as it is simply prepared, it hardens well and, unlike creams, is not so capricious in storage.
Glaze for cookies - general principles of preparation
For the glaze, various ingredients are usually mixed and boiled.
Sugar is the basis of any glaze. It not only adds flavor to the coating, but also contributes to its hardening. It is most convenient to use powdered sugar, as it dissolves faster. Powder can be purchased ready-made or made independently on a coffee grinder. But if you need to burn through the product, it is better to use granulated sugar.
Cocoa powder. It is a frequent companion glaze. The better it is, the less impurities and undissolved grains that crunch on the teeth will be.
Oil. Only cream is used. To make the icing quality, it is better not to take a product in which fat is less than 80%. The oil is always melted.
Eggs. This is a special product that must be of high quality, since it does not undergo heat treatment. For glaze, either the yolk or the white is usually used. Whole egg is not consumed.
Dairy products. Usually it is cream, sour cream, condensed or fresh milk. Give the glaze a taste, dilute the dry ingredients, add fat.
Also, depending on the recipe, gelatin, honey, vanillin, various syrups can be used.
Recipe 1: Icing for Cookies “It Can't Be Easier” from Cocoa Without Cooking
This icing for cookies will delight any hostess. Still would! It does not need to be cooked, it freezes perfectly, it lies flat, shines and only takes a few minutes to cook. But there is one thing - you need to strictly observe the proportions of the ingredients and use high-quality cocoa without any impurities, it is better soluble. This same icing is perfect for gingerbread, cupcakes, muffins and other pastries. Ingredients
• 3.5 spoons of water;
• 1 scoop of starch (no slide);
• 3 spoons of powdered sugar;
• 3 spoons of cocoa powder.
1. It is necessary to take boiled, but cooled water. Better ice.
2. Mix all the bulk ingredients together, then add water and knead with a spoon.
3. The glaze should be thick, taste like chocolate paste. Apply a lot on the cookie and let it harden.
Recipe 2: Frosting for Royal Cookies or Icing
Painted cookies with laces always attract the eyes and look charming. Iceing - icing for cookies and other pastries, which allows you to create real culinary masterpieces. And to make it very simple and easy, is prepared on the basis of egg white, which makes it easy to paint a lot in any color.
• 150 grams of powder;
• 1 raw protein;
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
1. Pour the egg white into the mixing bowl and whip literally half a minute. We do not need foam, just give the mass uniformity.
2. Gradually, stirring, pour the icing sugar in a bowl, the mass will be quite thick.
3. At the end pour lemon juice, mix. You can not add it, but it is this ingredient that gives the glaze a slight shine.
4. Optionally add vanilla, any dyes and you can use a lot. For full coverage, you can simply lubricate the cookies, to decorate and paint the glaze, you need to put it in the pastry bag, make a small hole at the tip, and you can put all your culinary fantasies into practice.
Recipe 3: Icing for Sugar Cookies
This icing for cookies is prepared for two minutes, but it can make you very long. Consists of basic products that are in every home. The recipe uses cocoa, but it can be replaced with any dye or use bright juice, such as beet, cherry, orange, instead of water. But if cocoa is removed, you can pour a little less water than in the recipe.
• 0.22 kg of powder;
• three spoons of water;
• two spoons of cocoa.
1. Pour powder into the container, add sifted cocoa powder to it, mix. 2. Pour in hot water and mix with a spatula.
3. Put the bowl in the water bath, warm it up for a couple of minutes so that the powder disperses better and you can decorate the cookies.
Recipe 4: Frosting for Caramel Cookies
This icing for cookies is used to fully cover the surface, but it is easy to apply a pattern from other masses, including cream, on it. Its undoubted advantage is a long shelf life, the mass will stand perfectly in the refrigerator for a week, if necessary, you can get and reheat the right amount. For the preparation of the mass will need gelatin, it is better to take a small, instant product.
• sugar 0.18 kg;
• 0.15 kg of pure water;
• 0.15 kg of cream;
• 10 gr. starch;
• 5 gr. gelatin.
1. Prepare in advance all the ingredients, measure out, so that everything was under the beef. In the process of cooking the mass will not be distracted.
2. Mix gelatin with 50 grams of water, let stand.
3. Cream must be mixed with starch. Previously you need to knead all the lumps in it, it is better to sift, otherwise it will be difficult for them to dissolve in fat cream.
4. Pour sugar into a dry frying pan and begin to burn. It is important that only a caramel color appears and the sugar does not turn into black burnt meat. As soon as he has the desired color, gently add the heated remainder of the water, mix everything and cook until smooth. Turn off the fire.
5. Directly into the hot caramel syrup, enter the cream, stir.
6. Add gelatin dissolved in water, mix and use.
Recipe 5: Frosting for cookies “Colorful”
A special feature of this icing for cookies is the hardness after hardening. It is great for dyeing in different colors, the products are bright, beautiful.
• a cup of powder;
• 2 teaspoons of corn syrup;
• 2 teaspoons of milk;
1. Syrup should be mixed with milk until smooth. If there is no corn syrup, you can use maple or invert.
2. Pour the mixture into icing sugar and knead well until smooth. If the mass is too thick, you can add a little more syrup. 3. We put the resulting mass in different containers, paint each one in the desired color with food dyes, mix thoroughly.
4. Apply a coating better with a brush; for small items, you can use a pastry bag or a syringe.
Recipe 6: Chocolate Chip Frosting
A simple and easy recipe for making chocolate icing for cookies, but you can’t call it the most budget. It is desirable to use real chocolate, in which not less than 70% of cocoa, with dairy bars it turns out not so tasty and bright.
• 100 grams of chocolate bar;
• 5 spoons of milk.
1. Crumble a dark chocolate into small pieces, fold into any container and heat in a water bath.
2. After melting the pieces add a little milk.
3. Keep the mass until all the chocolate cubes have melted and it becomes homogeneous. Overheating icing for cookies is not worth it.
4. Remove the melted mass. If it is too hot and liquid, then you need to cool to 45 degrees.
5. We cover baking. You can completely surface or apply patterns using pastry bag.
Recipe 7: White Chocolate Frosting
You can make white icing for cookies in different ways. Convenient and fast with ordinary white chocolate. But the recipe is slightly different from the previous one, made on a dark tile. White chocolate is quite capricious in work and it is important not to let it overheat, so if the water bath starts to boil, then the fire must be turned off. Let the mass warm from the water.
• 90 grams of white tile;
• 3 tablespoons of cream from 30% fat and higher;
• 30 grams of oil.
1. Crumble chocolate, and send to bask in a water bath.
2. Pour in the cream and warm it up together to obtain a homogeneous substance.
3. Remove from heat, put a piece of butter and stir vigorously until completely dissolved.
4. It is possible to use white glaze for cookies, as well as chocolate, to cover the surface completely or partially.
Recipe 8: Honey Cake Frosting on Yolks
Honey icing for cookies are not only tasty, but also very fragrant. On request, you can add cinnamon, ginger, cloves and other spices that are especially popular in Christmas baking. Ingredients
• 100 grams of powder and regular sugar;
• spoon of honey;
• 2 yolks;
• 2 spoons of water.
1. Raw egg yolks should be well whipped with a mixer in a white foam.
2. Put the saucepan on the stove, pour sugar into it, add honey, water. Cook until the grains are completely dissolved. Remove from heat, let the mass cool slightly.
3. Enter the yolk mixture into the still-hot syrup, stir continuously, add the powdered spices to taste, and beat the mixer together for a minute.
Recipe 9: Frosting for Marmalade cookies
The covering turns out bright, cheerful. Glaze for cookies is made on the basis of ready-made marmalade, it looks interesting if there are undissolved pieces inside.
• 200 grams of marmalade;
• 50 grams of oil;
• 4 spoons of sugar.
1. Cut the marmalade into pieces, send to the water bath.
2. Add sugar and butter, prepare everything together.
3. Remove from heat when granulated sugar dissolves and the mass becomes more uniform.
4. Cool to a warm state and cover cookies.
Recipe 10: Icing for Creamy Cookies
The icing for cookies, cooked according to this recipe, turns out to be cumbersome, rather thick. From it you can do not only the base coverage, but also design elements. The color is creamy, if desired, you can add any food coloring.
• 4 spoons of butter;
• 50 ml of cream;
• a glass of sugar;
• pinch of vanilla.
1. In the pan melt butter.
2. We pour out sugar and, while stirring, boil for 5 minutes, the syrup should become cream-colored.
3. Remove from heat, let the mass cool down a bit.
4. Pour in the cream and beat with a mixer for 5 minutes.
5. Add vanilla and icing can be used.
Recipe 11: Glaze for condensed milk biscuits
This icing does not work out of condensed milk plant. It is important to use real condensed milk prepared according to GOST and not containing anything extra. By the way, this same icing can be prepared from boiled condensed milk, it will turn out very tasty.
• 100 gr. oils;
• 150 grams of condensed milk; • 7 tablespoons of powder or sugar.
1. Melt the butter in a pan.
2. Add sugar and condensed milk. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, cool and cover cookies.
Glaze for cookies - tips and tricks
• If the biscuit icing is thick, does not spread at all and falls into stripes, then the mass needs to be reheated again, add a little water or milk. But if the glaze was initially liquid and froze over time, then you need to heat it up without adding anything. In this case, the easiest way to use the microwave.
• If white glaze appeared on the glaze and the baking look was not very attractive, then you can smear the surface with any sticky syrup and sprinkle with powdered nuts, crushed nuts, and various sprinkles on top. As a syrup, you can use jam, diluted honey.
• It is better to dry biscuits coated with icing at room temperature by spreading them on a wire rack. In the cold, the glaze deteriorates, loses its mirror shine and becomes clench.
• In addition to colorants, flavoring agents can also be added to the glaze. Can be artificial or natural. As natural additives you can use not only vanilla, but also cinnamon, ginger, saffron and other spices.
• Glaze does not stiffen and remains sticky? You cannot take it back, and you will have to correct the situation in other ways. You can simply roll the cookies in a mixture of powdered sugar and starch or in chopped nuts.