Opera is a delicious cake with amazing taste. The harmonious combination of almond sponge cake with amazing cream and chocolate icing will leave few people indifferent. This beauty can be done at home, but will have to try.
Opera Cake - General Cooking Principles
Cakes for the cake are made from almond and wheat flour, commonly used recipe biscuit “Gioconda”, which is shown below. Always bake 3 cake. One cake to bake and cut will not work, the crust must be present on both sides. Before greasing the biscuit is always soaked, for this purpose syrups, juices, coffee are used.
For lubrication using different types of cream. Sometimes it is added berry puree, nuts, chocolate, liqueurs, depending on the selected recipe. Cake is always covered with icing, which can be white, chocolate, mirror.
Opera cake with coffee cream
Despite the large number of ingredients and the apparent complexity, this version of the cake “Opera” is quite simple. The main thing is to prepare everything in advance so that the products are at hand.
• three eggs;
• 120 g of powder;
• three proteins;
• 100 g almond flour;
• 30 g of oil;
• 45 g of wheat flour.
• 30 ml of coffee;
• whole egg;
• 0.18 kg of cream. oils;
• 90 ml of water;
• 0.5 Art. Sahara.
• 100 g chocolate;
• 100 ml of cream;
• 1 spoon of butter.
• 50 ml of heavy cream;
• 60 ml of water;
• 5 g of gelatin;
• 25 g cocoa powder;
• 80 grams of sugar.
For syrup need fresh sweet coffee.
1. Combine powdered sugar with two types of flour and sift together. Mix with whole eggs until a homogeneous slurry. Squirrels whip in a cool foam and lay out in cooked dough. Gently mix and ship the dough in three identical shapes. Or pour on a large baking sheet, then to cut into three equal parts. We bake cakes at 220 degrees.
2. Brew coffee. All you need is 170 ml of syrup and coffee for the cream. 3. For ganache we combine all the ingredients, send it to the water bath, warm it up to homogeneity.
4. To make coffee cream, mix sugar and water, put it on the stove and prepare a syrup. While it is boiling, beat the egg and yolk until a homogeneous foam, pour it in a thin stream into the syrup, stir it and heat it. Remove thickening cream from heat, cool. Introduce coffee and whisk with softened butter.
5. Putting the cake. Soak the cakes with coffee syrup, lubricate with half the coffee cream. Put the second cake, soak, lubricate ganache. Now comes the third cake, which also needs to be soaked and fluffed with the remnants of coffee cream. Apply a layer on the sides of the cake. Sent for a couple of hours in the freezer.
6. Mix the gelatin with half the water, insist. Cream combine with sugar and the remaining water, add cocoa, boil on the stove to a boil. Add loose gelatin, stir and remove from heat.
7. We take out the cake from the freezer, level the cream layer with a knife, pour over the icing. We leave for impregnation, but we do not put in the freezer anymore, there is enough refrigerator.
Opera Cake with Blackcurrant
Another variation of the elegant cake “Opera”, but with black currants. You will need a puree of berries and a little liquor. Oranges and orange liqueur are also used.
• 220 g eggs;
• 125 g egg proteins;
• 3 spoons of orange liqueur;
• 220 g almond flour;
• 175 g of powder;
• orange peel;
• 100 g flour;
• 100 g sugar.
• 0.5 cup of sugar;
• 30 ml of orange juice.
• 3 yolks;
• 150 g of currant puree;
• 200 g of oil;
• 130 g of sugar;
• 100 ml of milk;
• 2 spoons of currant liqueur.
For the glaze, 150 g of chocolate and 50 ml of cream.
1. Making the dough. Mix eggs with powder, wheat flour and almond flour. Add the liqueur and chopped orange zest, stir. Whip proteins with sugar, combine the masses. We bake three identical cakes. Temperature 200, time 9-10 minutes.
2. Cook the cream. Mix yolks, sugar and milk, boil, cool. If mashed currant sour, you can add more sugar. Beat the butter until fluffy foam, first add the cooked cream in small portions, then the currant puree and liqueur, stir. 3. Mix the juice with sugar to make it soak.
4. Spill the cake, coat with cream. Also repeat with the second layer.
5. Top cake only soak.
6. We mix the broken chocolate with fat cream, we melt on the water bath, but it is not necessary to heat much. As soon as all the pieces melt, remove from the heat.
7. Pour the cake with glaze on top, coat the sides with chocolate. Before use, let the dessert soak.
Opera cake in white version with Swiss cream
Almond sponge cake for this cake “Opera” is prepared according to any of the recipes above. A special feature of the recipe is a delicate Swiss cream and white robe.
• 3 proteins;
• 2 spoons of Rum liqueur;
• 1 tsp. peel;
• 190 g sugar;
• 250 g of oil.
• 200 g chocolate (white is used);
• 7 g of gelatin;
• pinch of peel;
• 240 + 60 ml of cream;
• 2 spoons of lemon liqueur.
• 100 ml of water;
• 2 spoons of lemon flavored liquor;
• 3 spoons of sugar.
Mirror white glaze:
• 6 grams of gelatin;
• 100 ml of milk;
• 100 ml of cream;
• 130 g of chocolate;
• lemon peel, cut ribbon.
1. Making the cream. Beat whites with sugar, put in a water bath and, without stopping beating, warm up to 70 degrees. Remove from the bath, add the remaining ingredients, beat for another two minutes, add the whipped butter separately.
2. For impregnation, mix all the ingredients, use boiled water, cool.
3. Put one cake, soak, lubricate half of the cream. We also act with the second cake. We cover with the third biscuit and send for an hour in the fridge.
4. For mousse, heat 60 ml of cream with white chocolate, add gelatin dissolved in a small amount of water, warm up and remove. Mix with whipped cream in the lush with the remaining cream, fill with lemon peel and lemon zest.
5. Take out the cake, put a layer of mousse. Again, send in the fridge, now we endure 7 hours.
6. Cooking mirror glaze. Gelatin soaked in 2 spoons of water. We warm the milk and cream along with the zest. Then remove the zest, add white chocolate, wait until it melts. Add gelatin, stir, remove from heat. Cool to 40 degrees, filter. 7. We take out the cake with frozen mousse, pour the icing, do not smooth it out with our hands, you can shake the cake for a more even distribution.
Opera cake with walnuts
Cooking “Gioconda” cakes with almond flour according to the first recipe. Walnuts are used peeled, chopped.
• a glass of nuts;
• 3 yolks;
• 160 ml of milk;
• 140 g of powder;
• 200 g of oil.
• 150 g chocolate;
• 50 ml of cream.
• 20 ml of liquor “Nut”;
• 50 g of sugar;
• 150 ml of water.
1. Boil sugar with water for syrup, cool, add liquor.
2. Beat the eggs with milk and sugar for the cream, boil until thick, remove, cool. Portions add butter, stir.
3. Roast chopped nuts.
4. Spill the first cake with syrup, lubricate with cream, sprinkle with nuts. Similarly, we are working on the second cake. Cover with the last biscuit, grease it with cream quite a bit.
5. Melt chocolate with cream, lubricate the cake.
Opera cake with butter cream
The main cream of this delicious cake is made with mascarpone cream cheese. In combination with the “Dzhokonda” almond shortcakes, the dessert turns out to be fabulous.
• 250 g mascarpone;
• 160 g of powder;
• a glass of cream;
• 1 tsp. almond liqueur;
• 120 g of chocolate;
• cream glaze 60 ml.
For impregnation, mix 120 ml of water and 50 g of sugar.
1. Bake cakes according to the classic recipe, cool.
2. Whip the cream for the cream, gradually introduce the powder and add the cream cheese with liqueur. Stir.
3. We saturate the first cake, lay out half the cheese cream. Repeat the same with the second biscuit.
4. Cover with the third cake. We saturate well, as there will be no cream on top. Cool
5. It remains only to melt the chocolate, mix with cream, smear the cake on top.
Opera chocolate cake
For this cake is used not only chocolate icing, but also a rich cream. Choose tiles with a cocoa content of at least 60%.
• 200 g chocolate; • pack of oil;
• 250 g thick condensed milk;
• 150 ml of cream of 33%;
• 1 cup of coffee;
• 3 almond biscuit cakes.
1. Melt one chocolate bar with 50 grams of butter, cool and mix with condensed milk. Add 100 g of softened butter. Separately, whip cream, combine with common cream, stir. Leave aside.
2. Brew coffee, sweet, cool.
3. We saturate the cake with coffee. You can use cocoa. We grease with cream, cover with the second layer and repeat the same.
4. Top cake only soak. Put the cake in the freezer for about forty minutes to make it stronger. In winter, you can take to the street.
5. We mix the rests of oil and one chocolate broken into pieces. We set for 15 seconds in the microwave, remove and stir, repeat. Frosting should be homogeneous.
6. Cover the cooled chocolate cake and ready!
Opera Cake - Tips and Tricks
• If there are no three identical forms, you can bake the cake on a large baking sheet, then cut into three equal-sized pieces. The average cake can be assembled from several pieces, in the cake it will not be noticeable.
• Glaze does not necessarily boil from cocoa and numerous ingredients. It is easier to melt ordinary chocolate with a piece of butter or a spoonful of sour cream.