Both on a hot summer day and on a frosty winter evening, a drink of oranges will be an excellent option for treats.
It remarkably quenches thirst, boosts immunity, saturates the body with vitamins. Moreover, unlike juices and carbonated drinks, it does not contain dyes, preservatives, emulsifiers and other chemical elements.
Drink from oranges at home - the general principles of cooking
It is noteworthy that the products that make up the drink, can be purchased at any store throughout the year. The main thing is to choose the right oranges: they should not be spoiled, sweet, not sour.
Citrus fruits should be thoroughly washed and boiled before cooking to remove wax residue and remove bitterness. After that, depending on the recipe, either chop or, after cutting, squeeze the juice out of them.
Plain water, alcohol, dairy products, as well as such ingredients as sugar, spices, mint and others can become additional components to an orange drink.
Recipe 1. A drink made from oranges at home: nectar
Only out of five not very large oranges can be prepared more than 10 liters of a refreshing tasty drink. In this case, the recipe is so simple that, having prepared in this way nectar once, you will return to it again and again.
• 10 liters of boiled chilled water;
• five medium sized oranges;
• kilogram of sugar;
• 30 grams of citric acid.
1. To start, boil and completely cool the required amount of water.
2. Thoroughly wash the oranges without peeling them. We spread in a large bowl, pour boiling water for five minutes. After obsushivaem and remove for several hours in the fridge, so we get rid of the inherent citrus zest bitterness.
3. Remove the oranges and cut them into large pieces together with the peel. We pass through the meat grinder. 4. Fill the aromatic mass with three liters of water, let it brew for ten minutes.
5. Strain the nectar first through a colander, then through a sieve.
6. Dilute nectar with remaining water, sugar, citric acid.
7. Stir the drink well, remove for an hour or two until the sugar is completely dissolved.
8. The finished drink is bottled, put in the fridge.
From the remaining citrus mass, we can prepare a delicious jam. To do this, mix the flesh of oranges with sugar to taste and simmer on low heat until thick. We remove the jelly jam in sterilized jars. Cool and cork.
Recipe 2. Homemade orange drink: with cinnamon
The method of preparation of this drink is not much different from the previous one, but thanks to cinnamon, nectar acquires an unusual aroma and taste.
• three oranges;
• 150 grams of sugar;
• two glasses of water;
• 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Washing my oranges, cut into two parts, squeeze the juice into a clean, dry bowl in any convenient way.
2. Orange peel, which remained after the squeeze, grind through a grater or with a sharp knife.
3. Pour water into another pan, pour cinnamon and granulated sugar. Here we also put chopped orange zest.
4. Cook the syrup for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Strain the finished broth through a fine sieve, mix the broth with fresh orange juice.
Such a drink made from oranges, cooked at home, is an excellent “supplier” of vitamin C. It can be drunk either hot or chilled.
Recipe 3. Orange drink at home: with spices
This version of the drink is ideal for those who do not like to mess around for a long time in the kitchen. It is prepared instantly, it turns out incredibly fragrant, and the sweet-sour taste perfectly refreshes and invigorates.
• four oranges;
• 230 ml of water;
• 50 g of sugar;
• cinnamon stick;
• two pinches of nutmeg; • 3-4 buds of cloves.
1. Carefully rinsed and scalded oranges boiled in oranges cut into several pieces and squeeze the juice.
2. Mix the juice with boiled cooled water, pour sugar into the mixture, put cinnamon stick (you can substitute a teaspoon of cinnamon powder) and cloves.
3. Put the pan with the fragrant mixture on the stove. After boiling, reduce the heat to minimum, and cook for literally one minute, after which we remove the pan from the heat.
4. Cool the prepared beverage, filter through a fine sieve or gauze folded in several layers.
5. Serve, sprinkled with nutmeg.
Recipe 4. Alcoholic drink of oranges at home
Do not know what to serve for a meeting with friends or a romantic evening as an alcoholic drink? Adopt this oranges drink recipe. It almost does not feel alcohol, it is drunk easily, and the taste and aroma of such a treat will be enjoyed by everyone: slightly tart, unobtrusively sweet, with a slight sourness and freshness of mint.
• 380 ml of freshly squeezed orange juice;
• half a large or one small orange;
• 10 g of powdered sugar;
• a pinch of citric acid;
• 4 tbsp. l liquor;
• 1 tsp. ground cinnamon;
• to taste sugar (1,2,3 spoons);
• fresh mint leaves and ice.
1. Squeeze out the amount of juice we need from sweet large oranges, mix it with a glass of boiled cooled water and two spoons of liqueur.
2. Pour into a mixture of citric acid and sugar. Mix well in a shaker or a clean, dry whisk.
3. Add the remaining liqueur, mix again and send to the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. Pour the finished orange drink into beautiful glasses filled with the desired amount of ice and decorate: sprinkle with powdered sugar mixed with cinnamon, spread a couple of mint leaves, and put a thin slice of orange on the edge of the glass.
Recipe 5. Milk drink from oranges at home
A quick recipe, an excellent drink with vitamins for a children's breakfast. Instead of fresh orange, you can also take the usual orange juice from proven producers, but from the freshly squeezed nectar of benefit, definitely more.
• a glass of milk;
• half sweet orange;
• milk chocolate.
1. Pour a glass of milk into the blender bowl, here we also squeeze the juice from the half orange. Beat until foamy. You can also use an immersion blender or a conventional whisk.
2. Rub chocolate on a fine grater.
3. Pour milk drink from oranges into a large glass cup, sprinkle with chocolate chips.
4. In addition to chocolate, you can use coconut chips, chopped lightly roasted nuts to decorate.
Recipe 6. Carbonated drink from oranges at home
For the preparation of this drink, choose ordinary sparkling water, not mineral, without any additives. The recipe uses sugar syrup, it is made from 100 g of granulated sugar and 40 ml of water: just mix both ingredients in a small saucepan and heat all sugar grains to dissolve.
• 50 ml of sugar syrup;
• 200 grams of orange;
• bottled carbonated water.
1. The orange is well washed, cut in half, squeeze the juice.
2. Combine cooled sugar syrup with orange nectar.
3. Pour the resulting mixture into a glass, filling it in about half.
4. Fill the chilled in the refrigerator with sparkling water.
5. Optionally, you can decorate the orange drink with fruit slices or berries.
Recipe 7. Immunoscale drink of oranges at home: with lemon and mint
• one orange;
• two lemons;
• 2.5 liters of water;
• a small bunch of fresh mint;
• half a cup of sugar.
1. Orange washed, peeled. We squeeze the juice from the pulp, and pour the peel for 10 minutes with boiling water. 2. Lemons are also mine, cut into two parts, squeeze the juice.
3. Pour water into a saucepan, pour sugar after boiling, put orange peels and mint leaves, pour orange juice.
4. Cook the drink over medium heat for five minutes.
5. Cool the cooked mixture, decant it through a fine sieve, mix with lemon juice.
6. Serve, pre-cooled in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
Drink from oranges at home - tips and tricks
• If you do not have a juicer, you can squeeze the juice by hand. To do this, rinse the fruit first roll on the table, pressing it hard and pressing it down, and then cut and squeeze.
• You can substitute sugar in drinks with sugar or any fruit, berry syrup. For people with diabetes, it is recommended to put honey as a sweetener.
• If you add mint leaves to an orange drink, having prepared it in large quantities, it is better to remove the mint after 5-6 hours of infusion so that the drink does not become bitter.
• If after all the manipulations you still have the pulp or peel of oranges, do not rush to throw them out. Of these, you can make delicious jam, they can be added to pies, tarts, as well as just put in tea.
• In order to slightly change the flavor, taste, color of the drink, you can put along with the orange and other citrus fruits: lemons, grapefruits.
• Serve drinks from oranges, whether they are regular, carbonated, dairy or alcoholic chilled. So they completely reveal their aroma and taste.
• But as a preventive measure against colds, it is recommended to drink the fortified drink made from oranges hot.