Black, red, white ...
Sighs ripe currant:
- If you don’t rip me off,
I will fall, then you will not find.
Currant - summer berry, which can have a variety of colors. Regardless of the variety and type, they make tasty preparations from it: jam, jelly, compotes and, of course, vitamin juices.
Currant Juice - General Cooking Principles
Berries for juice are sorted, freed from tails, leaves, various debris, then washed. You can not dry the currants, just put in a colander and allow the droplets to drain. Often, some water is poured into the natural juice to reduce the concentration or reduce the acid.
How to squeeze juice:
• Manually. Use gauze or cloth. They put mashed, sometimes boiled berries.
• Electric or manual juicer. The product is passed through a special device separating the cake.
• Remove the juice cooker. Special device evaporating juice.
Hot drink is poured into sterile jars, twisted. Or cooled and consumed in its natural form. In the second case, the product can not be subjected to heat treatment.
Recipe 1: Currant juice in a juice cooker for the winter
Sokovarka - a great device that allows you to get natural juice with minimal time and effort. All you need is to load the product into the right compartment. The disadvantage of this method is the need to add sugar, which stimulates the release of juice.
• any currant;
• 100 grams of sugar per 1 kg of berries;
1. Pour water into the liquid compartment.
2. We put on the stove, turn on the maximum fire. The liquid should boil.
3. We touch the red or black currants, you can use different berries.
4. We shift the berries in a special container with holes for the product. Sprinkle with sugar. 5. Cover and hold under the lid for 1.5 hours.
6. After a while, open the tap and drain the currant juice. It is advisable to immediately substitute a sterile container.
7. As soon as the bank is filled, immediately cork.
Recipe 2: Black Currant Juice Without Juicer
Recipe for black currant juice for those who do not have the opportunity to use the juicer. Some water is added to the drink, but this does not spoil its taste.
• 0.5 liters of water;
• 2 kg of currants;
• 0.3 kg of sugar (can be less).
1. We touch berries, we wash, we give liquid to drain.
2. Fold into the pan, take the potato masher or any other pestle. Berry we press to obtain slurry.
3. Add prescription water, that is, pour in half a liter.
4. Put the currant mass on the fire, bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the intensity of the fire and boil the juice for half an hour.
6. Clean the cotton fabric in a colander. You can use gauze, folded in several layers.
7. Pour juice, squeeze the thick.
8. Add prescription sugar, you can throw less or do without it.
9. Put the drink on the stove, boil for three minutes.
10. Pour into a sterile container, twist the metal lids, remove for storage.
Recipe 3: Juice of red currant through a juicer
The most useful option of red currant juice, as it is not subjected to prolonged cooking. This recipe will require any juicer: electric or manual. The main thing is to squeeze the juice from the berries and roll up correctly.
• 1 kg of currant;
• 600 ml of water;
• 0.1 kg of sugar.
1. Release the washed berries from the tails and spoiled specimens, rinse under running water. We shift currants into a colander and leave for half an hour.
2. Pass the berries through the juicer. We estimate the state of the cake. If it is wet, you can skip it again, it won't be worse. 3. Pour the juice into the saucepan, add water and sugar.
4. Heat the juice before boiling, remove the foam and immediately pour it into sterile bottles or cans.
5. Seal with metal caps.
6. Put the container on the neck and leave to cool.
7. We turn over to the normal position, send it to the basement or to the storage room.
Recipe 4: Currant Juice with Honey
Recipe juice from currants, which can be prepared from red, white, black varieties. Sugar is not added, it is replaced by honey. Only natural product is used, molasses and substitutes will not work. Recipe with manual spin.
• 2 kg of currants;
• 3 spoons of honey;
• 0.5 liters of water;
• 2 mint leaves.
1. We put the washed berries in a saucepan, pour water, cover and soar under the lid until the skin is soft.
2. Periodically stir the mass to currant collapsed.
3. Cool, strain. The bush must be pressed, it contains a lot of acid, pectin, aromatic substances.
4. Pour juice into a clean pan. You can just rinse this.
5. Add mint leaves, boil a minute.
6. Turn off, put the honey, quickly stir until dissolved. With honey, you do not need to boil the drink.
7. Spill hot juice in jars of any size, immediately cork. Cool in an inverted position, cover optional.
Recipe 5: Black Currant Juice with Apples
Recipe wonderful juice of black currant, for which you will need apples. You can take overripe, broken, wormy fruit. All the excess will go away and be cut off. The only thing, fruits with rot and a mold will not approach, even cutting will not help.
• 1 kg of currant;
• 1.5 kg of apples;
• 0.25 kg of sugar;
• 300 ml of water.
1. Cut the washed apples into pieces, skip through a juicer.
2. Pour the juice into the saucepan, add sugar with water and while we put on the stove to reduce the time. Bring to a boil. 3. Currant, too, sort out, wash. Also processed in a juicer.
4. Pour this juice into a saucepan with apple juice.
5. Boil everything together a couple of minutes after boiling.
6. We take a ladle or a ladle, we collect liquid from a pan and we pour in clean banks. Juice in the meantime should boil, do not turn off the stove.
7. Twist the cap. Cool the billet upside down and turn it over to its normal position. We ship to the basement.
Recipe 6: Refreshing Red Currant Juice with Lemon and Mint
Option of summer juice from red currant, which is prepared for direct consumption. The drink has a pleasant, refreshing taste will delight in the heat. From it it is possible to prepare the fruit ice for other drinks, including alcohol.
• 0.9 kg of currants;
• 400 ml of water;
• 0.5 lemon;
• 1-2 sprigs of mint;
• 0.15 kg of sugar.
1. Put prescription water on the stove, add sugar to it and throw mint sprigs. Do not forget to rinse the herbs well with clean water.
2. Remove the lemon zest from the lemon and also send to boil in a saucepan.
3. Boil the fragrant syrup for about five minutes, then filter and return to the pan.
4. Remove currant berries from tassels, rinsed.
5. Squeeze juice using any device. If there is nothing, then you can simply kill the berries with a combine and strain through several layers of gauze.
6. Pour the juice into a saucepan with syrup.
7. Squeeze the juice from half a lemon and also send to the general drink.
8. Give the contents of the saucepan to boil, cool.
9. For ice, you can decompose mint leaves or lemon slices, then pour the prepared juice and send it in the freezer.
Recipe 7: Currant Juice with Orange
A variant of fragrant currant juice for the winter, which is prepared with the addition of orange. Choose a large, large fruit. If it smells outside, it will be fragrant, sweet and inside. Ingredients
• 1.4 kg of currant;
• 1 large orange;
• 250 grams of sugar;
• 500 ml of water.
1. Brush orange washed, you need to clean all the pores of the peel.
2. Take the grater and remove the thin skin.
3. Throw the zest into the water, add sugar and set to cook.
4. We clean the orange itself, disassemble it into slices and remove the bones.
5. We wash the currants, skip through the juicer.
6. Next to the currant skip the prepared slices of citrus. We connect everything.
7. We filter five syrup from the dried zest.
8. Combine currant juice with syrup.
9. Cook the drink a couple of minutes after boiling.
10. Drink one way or pour into sterile dishes, roll up the lids.
Recipe 8: Black Currant Juice with Raspberry
Raspberries and currants are wonderful berries that ripen at the same time. So, why not prepare them together? Recipe without juicer.
• 1 kg of currant;
• 0.7 kg of raspberry;
• 0.2 kg of sugar;
• 300 ml of water.
1. Put the washed currants in a saucepan, add pure raspberry berries and knead all together to a state of gruel.
2. Add water, put on the stove and cook for about fifteen minutes.
3. Cool, filter and squeeze well all thick.
4. Put the juice on the stove again, now you can add sugar. To taste in this drink you can pour a little cinnamon.
5. Boil a few minutes, the foam on the surface must be caught.
6. Pour into sterile dishes, twist the lids.
Recipe 9: Redcurrant Juice with Spices
Variant of amazing juice, in which different spices are added. Red currant is filled with the missing flavor and turns out just delicious. Juice is wrung out in any way.
• 1.5 liters of juice;
• 2 cloves;
• 1 sticks of cinnamon;
• 0.5 vanilla pod;
• 1 small piece of ginger;
• 1 pinch of nutmeg.
Cooking 1. Put the juice on the stove, add half a liter of clean water. If during the push-up the liquid was added, then use more juice.
2. Take a piece of gauze and fold in two layers.
3. Put all the spices on gauze, tie them in a knot and throw them into the juice.
4. Tom the drink on a low heat for about 15 minutes, do not allow to boil. We take out a fragrant bag with one spoon and squeeze the second one out of it.
5. Add sugar, now you can add fire and let the drink boil.
6. We stir, we pour in banks, we send to storage.
Currant Juice - Tips and Tricks
• In addition to red and black currants, juice can also be made from white variety. But this drink is not very fragrant, it has no pronounced taste. Therefore, it is better to combine the berries with other types of currants, cherries, raspberries.
• If you add a few cherry leaves when cooking red currant juice, the drink will be very fragrant. When rolling up the juice, the leaves must be removed.
• If the juice is too sweet and sugary, then you should not immediately add water. It is better to close the concentrate for the winter, so you can save jars and lids. And you can add water at any time.
• Lemon zest will add a pleasant aroma to currant juice. You can use not only fresh crusts, but also dry. Some housewives prefer to twist the zest on a coffee grinder to a powder state. This solves the problem with filtering, eliminates additional hassle.