For some, kissel is a drink.
For others, dessert, and still others try to satisfy their hunger.
Who cares what this dish is!
The main thing is that jelly is very tasty and healthy.
But only if it is properly cooked.
How to cook kissel from starch and what can it be made of?
How to Cook Starch Jelly - General Principles
Often the basis for jelly is made from fruits or berries. They are boiled in water, then filtered. Sometimes prepare a drink with berries. If there is no fresh fruit, then the kissel is brewed from already prepared compotes, jams, various drinks and even milk. In fact, a huge amount of options and in every home there is something from which you can make a drink.
What is different from jelly compote? Of course, the density! To make it add starch. Most often use potato, as it is more familiar and affordable. But similarly, you can cook jelly from cornstarch. The product is diluted with a small amount of cold liquid, and then poured into the bulk and boil until cooked.
How to cook jelly from starch and berries
Berry Kissel - a wonderful summer drink. He will help out in the heat when there is no appetite, and you want something light. How is boiled kissel with starch and summer berries?
• 2 tablespoons of starch;
• 5 tablespoons of sugar;
• 1.2 liters of water;
• 250 grams of any berries.
1. Fresh berries need to be freed from the leaves and twigs. You can leave the stones, as we will filter the broth anyway.
2. Fill the berries with water and boil for ten minutes.
3. Strain, add sugar. If the broth is not sour enough, you can add a little lemon juice or dry acid.
4. Again put on the stove and give the resulting compote to boil.
5. Starch diluted in 100 ml of water. It must be cold so as not to form lumps.
6. Pour the solution into the boiling compote, continuously stir and boil for a minute. Done! This jelly can be drunk warm, but it tastes better cold.
How to make jelly from starch and jam
Jam - a great ingredient for jelly. Its main advantage is accessibility. The drink can be prepared at any time of the year and absolutely from any jam. But how to cook jelly with starch and jam? Ingredients
• a glass of jam;
• 5 glasses of water;
• 3 tablespoons of starch;
• 1/2 tsp. lemon leaves.
1. Combine the jam with water and put on the stove. You can immediately pour boiling water to reduce the time. Boil after boiling for five minutes.
2. Strain through a fine sieve, add the lemon and taste. Since the jam is sweet, sugar is not needed. Again send to the plate.
3. Combine starch with half a glass of water. If you want to get a thicker pudding, you can increase the amount of starch by 1-2 tablespoons.
4. Pour into boiling broth from the jam, cook until thick.
5. Let cool, pour into glasses and ready!
How to cook jelly from starch and frozen berries
It is spring in the courtyard, soon a new harvest of berries, and last year's ones in the freezer? No problem! They can be put in jelly and make room. Berries use any. If they are washed before freezing, then they can even not be thawed. If not, then you need to defrost and rinse.
• 400 grams of berries;
• 2.4 liters of water;
• 3 tablespoons of starch;
• 70 grams of sugar.
1. Combine the prepared berries and water, cook an ordinary compote.
2. Filtrate, squeeze the rest of the juice from the berries.
3. Add sugar, set again stew.
4. Dilute starch in a small amount of water, pour it into a saucepan.
5. Boil a minute and turn it off. As you can see, the cooking technology of jelly from frozen and fresh berries is similar.
How to cook jelly from starch and compote with cinnamon
To prepare such a jelly we use absolutely any compote. It can be cooked from fresh berries, fruits. But you can use the compote from the banks, harvested for the winter. Cinnamon use ground. If there is no such spice, then chop the stick yourself.
• 1.5 tablespoons of starch;
• 0.3 tsp. cinnamon;
• 1.2 liters compote.
1. Strain compote, pour half a glass and put the rest on the stove.
2. Dilute starch in the remaining compote so that there are no lumps.
3. Pour the starch into boiling compote, let it boil well, estimate the thickness and turn it off.
4. Add cinnamon to the hot jelly, stir and cool. Done!
How to cook jelly from starch and milk
Milk jelly can be a wonderful drink or a delicious jelly. One has only to change the proportions of starch. If this jelly is well cooled, it will be very similar to ice cream.
• 4 spoons of sugar;
• 1 liter of milk;
• 2-3 tablespoons of starch;
1. Pour some milk for breeding starch, the rest is sent to a saucepan and on the stove.
2. You can immediately pour the sugar. If you do not like too sweet, then you can slightly reduce the amount.
3. In molded milk, dissolve starch and watch the pan. You can not give milk to escape.
4. As soon as the milk begins to boil, pour in a thin stream of starch mixture.
5. Add vanilla, stir and boil again. Turn off and ready!
How to cook jelly from starch and hibiscus
No berries or fruits? No problem! Wonderful jelly can also be made from hibiscus (she's a Sudanese rose). The drink will be very bright, tasty and with a pleasant sourness. And for the flavor, we add a little zest. But if it is not there, you can replace it with any essence, mint or melissa. Let's start?
• 1.5 spoons of hibiscus;
• 4 spoons of sugar;
• 2 tablespoons of starch;
• zest with 1 lemon (orange, grapefruit);
• 1 liter of water.
1. Boil water in a saucepan.
2. Wash the zest, do not need to grind.
3. Add a Sudanese rose to the peel. Fill it all with boiling water, cover and let stand 2 hours.
4. If you need to quickly, you can boil the contents of the saucepan 2 minutes, as compote.
5. Strain, add sugar. Put on the stove, bring to a boil.
6. In 100 grams of water we dissolve starch.
7. Pour starch solution in carcade, boil another minute and the drink is ready! Pour by glass, cool, can be decorated with a slice of citrus.
How to Cook Chocolate Starch Jelly
Chocolate jelly is an inexpensive and easy to prepare drink. He will help out if you want something tasty and unusual. Especially like this dessert for children. The quantity of products is calculated for 2 servings.
• 400 ml of milk;
• 1.5 tsp. starch;
• 1 spoon of sugar;
• 3 spoons of water;
• 2 tsp. cocoa powder.
1. Stir sugar with cocoa, gradually add milk and put it on the stove. 2. Starch is diluted in water.
3. As soon as the chocolate milk begins to boil, add the starch solution.
4. Boil the drink for half a minute and turn it off. Cooling down.
5. You can decorate such a jelly with chocolate chips, nuts, or simply put a candy in a glass, which will be a pleasant surprise.
How to cook jelly from starch and carrots
It turns out that tasty and bright jelly can be made not only from fruit. Carrot is a popular root vegetable that makes a great drink. But it is only important to choose a juicy and sweet carrot.
• 2 carrots;
• 1 liter of water;
• 0.5 lemon;
• 3 spoons of sugar;
• 1.5 tablespoons of starch.
1. Clean the carrots and rub with small chips.
2. Fill with water and boil for ten minutes after boiling. Strain out.
3. Add sugar, squeeze the juice from the lemon and send it back to the stove.
4. Starch is diluted with water (about 70 ml) and poured into carrot compote.
5. Warm up to transparency and remove from heat. Orange jelly is ready!
How to Cook Starch Jelly - Useful Tips and Tricks
• If kissel is cooked thick, then it is better to pour it not into glasses, but into creamer dishes. Then you can decorate with berries, cream, just sprinkle with powder and serve as a dessert, eat with a spoon.
• To make jelly more fragrant, you can add any berry essence, vanilla, cinnamon. If the drink is intended for adults, then you can add a little liquor or brandy.
• Do you need a beautiful jelly? Decorate the glasses! Just soak the edge in water and dip it in granulated sugar. Let the glasses dry out a little, and then pour the drink gently, taking care not to touch the edges.
• How much starch to add to pudding? For a drink of average thickness goes 1.5-2 spoons per liter of base.