Morse - a drink that refreshes remarkably in the heat and is often consumed cold. It also miraculously warms in the winter, can be used warm, but not hot. Why kill vitamins?
Currant Mors - General Cooking Principles
For mors, choose ripe, you can even over-ripe berries of black or red currant. Then rinse well, put in a sieve or in a colander. Give water to drain. Currants need to knead and squeeze fresh juice, it is his addition to the drink that distinguishes fruit drink from fruit juice. Waste (cake) is combined with water and boiled. Bones and skins of berries give a wonderful aroma.
The broth is filtered, then combined with previously prepared juice. Up to this point it is better to keep it in the refrigerator so as not to bring the period of souring closer.
What can be added to the juice:
• other berries, fruits.
To taste put sugar or honey. Lemon or orange peel can also be added to the flavor. Currants are often prepared with other seasonal berries that ripen by this time. But not necessarily to prepare the drink only in summer. Frozen berries cross out the issue of seasonality of fruit drinks.
Recipe 1: Redcurrant Common Juice
The easiest recipe for red currant juice, for which you need only three ingredients.
• 0.25 kg of currants;
• 1 liter of water;
• 4-5 tablespoons of sugar.
1. Enumerate the berries, remove the twigs and leaves, then rinse well and fold into a bowl.
2. Take a pestle and mash well mashed. You can use the blender, but do not twist for a long time. Seeds should not be crushed.
3. Strain, slurry lightly rubbing through a sieve.
4. Juice for a while we put in the refrigerator, it is not needed yet.
5. Fill the cake prescription water. Cook for about five minutes after boiling, cool.
6. Strain from the cake and add sugar. The amount can be adjusted to your taste. 7. Pour juice from the fridge, stir well and drink is ready!
Recipe 2: Black currant juice with lemon
A variant of the amazing currant fruit juice with a very pronounced aroma of lemon peel. Similarly, you can use an orange, but lemon with black currant is more harmonious.
• 1 lemon;
• 1.54 liters of boiling water;
• 0.3 kg of currant berries;
• 0.12 kg of sugar.
1. Remove the lemon zest from the lemon, send it to the saucepan. Citrus cut in half and squeeze the juice.
2. Mash the berries, pour out the jays, shift the cake to the lemon.
3. Fill the contents of the pot with boiling water and boil for three minutes. Give cool and filter.
4. Add sugar to the broth, then pour out lemon juice, and then currant. If the berries are sour, then you can make a drink with juice from half a lemon or not add it at all. In any case, the main flavor gives a peel.
5. Stir the prepared juice and taste it. If necessary, add more sugar.
Recipe 3: Frozen Blackcurrant Mors (Without Cooking)
The recipe for making frozen currant fruit drinks can be similar to those of fresh berries. But you can make a drink without cooking. Berries after thawing better give the juice and flavor.
• 0.2 kg of berries;
• 1 liter of water;
• 4 spoons of sugar.
1. Well washed frozen berries with cold water. This must be done before complete thawing, in order not to drain the released juice.
2. Well decant the water and let the currants thaw.
3. Take a pestle and knead well, then rub through a sieve.
4. Add to the resulting slurry purified water, followed by granulated sugar. Stir and drink is ready!
Recipe 4: Redcurrant Mors with Honey and Ginger
Recipe spicy red currant juice, whose use is enhanced by bee honey. The drink is very aromatic and has an original taste. The use of such morse is contraindicated for people who are allergic to bee products.
• 0.4 kg of currant berries; • 1.6 liters of water;
• 60-100 grams of honey;
• 10 grams of ginger root;
• 0.5 sticks of cinnamon.
1. Mash berries, lay in cheesecloth and squeeze the juice with pulp. But you can do it in any other way.
2. Put the prescription water on the fire, add the skins and currant seeds, boil for five minutes.
3. We throw the ginger cut into small pieces, give boil.
4. We throw half the cinnamon sticks and turn them off.
5. Cover the juice and let it brew. Keep it until it becomes lukewarm.
6. Filtrate, add pressed juice and honey. The amount of honey is approximate, it can be changed.
Recipe 5: Blackcurrant Mors with Mint
A variant of summer black currant juice with a pleasant, refreshing taste. For the preparation will need any mint or lemon balm. The amount can be increased or decreased, taking into account their taste preferences.
• 1 sprig of mint about 20 grams;
• 1 liter of water;
• 200 grams of currants;
• 100 grams of sugar.
1. We sort out currants, remove spoiled berries and twigs, wash.
2. Mash in any way, filter.
3. Cake and washed mint sprig put in a saucepan, cook compote. Enough two minutes after boiling.
4. Cool and filter.
5. Fill with sugar and previously prepared juice.
Recipe 6: Redcurrant Mors with Orange
Orange is amazingly in harmony with red currant morse. To prepare two and a half liters of an amazing drink, just one citrus is enough.
• 1 citrus;
• 2 liters of water;
• 0.4 kg of currants;
• 0.12 kg of sugar (can be more);
• Cinnamon to taste.
1. Cut an orange in half, squeeze the juice out of it. Empty halves are thrown into the pan, pour water and until set on the stove.
2. Crush the berries of the washed currants, pour the juice, the remnants of the skins and bones are sent to the pan to the orange peels. Cook the base juice for about two minutes after boiling.
3. Filter the broth, let cool and fill with sugar. Taste is adjusted at its discretion. 4. At the end, pour in the juice, stir well. If the drink is fresh and not enough acid, you can add a little lemon juice.
Recipe 7: Black Currant Mors with Apples
To prepare such a fruit drink, it is advisable to take summer and fragrant apples. With them, the drink turns out wonderful. But also for decoction, you can use dried apples, in this case, boil the liquid a little longer.
• 2 apples;
• 0.2 kg of currants;
• 0.15 kg of sugar;
• 2 liters of water;
• 1 clove asterisk;
• 0.5 tsp. cinnamon
1. Wash currants and leave for now.
2. We also wash the apples, cut them into pieces. A bit of the moment immediately pass and throw away.
3. Squeeze the juice from apples and currants, you can immediately drain it all together. We put on the stove and heat it to 90 degrees, turn it off.
4. Remove the waste from the juicer, boil for a few minutes in the prescription water with the addition of cloves and filter.
5. Dissolve sugar in hot broth, pour in currant juice with apples and add cinnamon.
6. Give the drink a little stand, so that the tastes of the ingredients come together. We eat warm or cold.
Recipe 8: Low-fat frozen currant mors
During the diet so you want something delicious! Why not cook low-fat currant juice? For this drink you will need any sugar substitute m marked 0 calories.
• 0.2 kg of frozen berries;
• 7 tablets of a substitute;
• 1.2 liters of water;
• cinnamon, mint to taste.
1. Water immediately put on the stove, so as not to waste time.
2. We wash the berries, sort out, give a little thaw.
3. Take a metal sieve and immediately grind.
4. We throw waste into boiling water, boil it and filter. If desired, you can throw a little mint, cinnamon, any other spice.
5. Cool the drink a little, add sugar substitute tablets, equivalent to 6-7 teaspoons of sand. You can use a liquid or powder substitute.
6. After dissolving, you can drink or cool well in the refrigerator.
Recipe 9: Black Currant Mors for Children and Nursing Mothers
Currant fruit drink is excellent for baby food and can also be used by nursing mothers. This berry rarely causes an allergic reaction. It is very important not to put any additives, spices, honey.
• 2 glasses of berries;
• 4 spoons of sugar;
• 1.8 liters of water.
1. Rub the berries with your hands or a pestle, drain the juice.
2. Fill the waste with boiling water and cover, something can be wrapped up. Let us brew for an hour. Juice this time to clean the refrigerator.
3. Strain the infusion, add sugar, stir until dissolved.
4. Remove the previously prepared juice from the refrigerator and put it together.
5. We offer ready fruit juice in small portions, starting with a teaspoon. We follow the reaction. A nursing mother should also not lean on the drink from day one. If currants and sugar are present in the diet for a long time, then we drink the drink boldly and do not fear the consequences.
Currant Mors - Tips and Tricks
• Morse can be served with ice cubes. It will be more interesting and tasty if they are not made from water. As a basis, the same juice will be suitable. In each cube you can put mint leaves, a little zest, several whole berries. Such interesting ice will look spectacular in any soft drink, can be used for alcoholic cocktails.
• Pouring fruit drinks can not only plain water, but mineral water. The result is sparkling water with vitamins and summer flavor.
• Any fruit juice will turn out to be more aromatic and tasty if you cook it from ripe, juicy currant berries. If they are immature, it is better to increase the amount of the main raw material.