Samsa is not just a pie! Baking is distinguished not only by its shape, but also by its amazing filling, delicious dough, and amazing aroma. But only if you cook everything by the rules.
Here are the best step-by-step recipes of samsa with meat, which will definitely work out!
Samsa - general principles of cooking
Traditional Uzbek samsa is made from freshly homemade dough, which is kneaded, rolled up, rolled out in a certain way. You can knead it, as for the dumplings, but it is better to add some oil inside. Egg, sometimes kefir or sour milk is used instead of water. There are many options, but the main thing is to turn right. The pellet is abundantly lubricated with softened, but not melted, butter, rolled up in a roll, and deposited in a refrigerator. Only after this, the dough pieces are cut, thin flat cakes are rolled out, from which the triangles are molded.
What is used for the filling:
• meat, poultry;
It is better not to grind meat or poultry, but cut them into pieces, they are not subjected to heat treatment. Onions are also diced, you need to add a lot to make the filling juicy. Sometimes the vegetable is scalded with boiling water, or slightly passer in oil if ready-made puff pastry is used. This recipe is below. Of the spices, salt and pepper are usually put in samsa, but you can add something else to your liking.
Formed triangles at home are cooked in the oven. They are spread on a baking sheet and baked right after the formation. For a beautiful color, before serving in the oven, you can smear samsa with yolk or a whole beaten egg; for beauty, a small amount of white or black sesame is often poured into the central part.
Ordinary samsa: step-by-step dough recipe, fillings, baking features
The traditional step by step recipe samsa. Meat for stuffing use absolutely any at its discretion. If it is dry and without fatty layers, then you can additionally add fat, cut into small pieces, grated butter. Ingredients
• 250 ml of plain water;
• 4 tbsp. flour;
• 30 ml of vegetable oil;
• 70 g oil drain;
• one yolk;
• 300 g onions;
• 400 grams of meat;
• spices, sesame.
1. It is better to start cooking with dough, as it will take about two hours for it to rest. Pour into the bowl a measured amount of water, put an incomplete teaspoon of salt. Add vegetable oil. You can take refined sunflower, plain or olive oil, which is more like. All well stirred.
2. Add white wheat flour, sifted with a sieve, into the dough. On average, it will take from 3 to 4 glasses. Knead the usual cool unleavened dough, as for mantas or ravioli. We take it to smoothness, remove the lie in a bag for 20 minutes. If you do not do this, it will be very difficult to roll the dough into a cake.
3. While the dough is “resting”, you can cut into small cubes of onion head, pour everything into a bowl.
4. Rinse the meat and cut into small cubes as well. Add to the bow. If additional fat is used, we also add at this stage. We salt, we season with stuffing a pepper, carefully we mix forcemeat with hands. We put while in the refrigerator, we cover a bowl.
5. Take out the bag of dough. Roll it into a tortilla, but not thinly. For this piece enough size 25 centimeters. We try to shape the rectangle.
6. Lubricate the dough with softened butter. Twist the roll.
7. Put the dough roll on a plate or bowl with a snail. Cover with a film on top, send it in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, or put it in the fridge for half an hour or 40 minutes. The dough for samsa likes cold.
8. We take out the frozen roll, cut the dough into pieces across. The value will depend on the desired size of the samsa. Someone loves small triangles, someone likes large specimens.
9. Each slice from the side of the slice is rolled in flour, rolled into thin flat cakes.
10. Fold the filling. In general, it is more convenient to roll out all the dough at once and spread out the entire filling, so you can evenly distribute the stuffing. It is raw and it is important that all products are baked evenly. 11. Sculpt ordinary triangles.
12. We put on the baking sheet with the smooth side up and the seam down.
13. Shake the yolk with a spoonful of water, grease all the samsa, sprinkle with sesame and send in the oven.
14. Bake triangles at 180 degrees for about 40 minutes.
15. Take out the baking tray, immediately shift the samsa to the bowl, cover with a towel. Let the dough otmyaknet a few minutes.
Samsa: a step-by-step recipe with chicken and potatoes
Very interesting version of the filling. In the step-by-step recipe of the samsa, the unspecified part of the chicken, but it is advisable not to use the breast, with it the filling is dry.
• about a kilogram of flour;
• a pair of glasses of water;
• a pack of butter;
• 350 g of potatoes;
• 500 grams of chicken meat;
• 3-4 bulbs;
• salt and pepper.
1. Melt half a pack of butter, leave the rest warm for softening.
2. Pour two glasses of water into the bowl. Add melted butter, salt, stir and knead the usual cool dough. Let him rest for half an hour.
3. Cut the onion in small and thin pieces. We salt, mnem hands, that vegetable slightly moistened from the emitted juice.
4. Immediately chop the chicken meat, add it to the onions, stir the stuffing, pepper. Leave aside. It is better to add potatoes immediately before samsa formation, as it releases juice.
5. We take out the dough, roll out the cake, grease the remaining butter, make roll. If it is hard to work with a large piece, then it can be divided in half. We cover the rolls, put them in the refrigerator for half an hour.
6. Peel the potatoes, cut into thin slices, send to the chicken and onions, stir. The filling is ready.
7. Turn on the warm plate, set the temperature to 180 degrees and you can begin to model the triangles.
8. We cut the rolls across, roll each piece into flour, roll out, lay out the filling and sculpt the classic samsa.
9. Transfer to baking sheet. Lubricate with plain water or shake up the yolk. If desired, throw a pinch of sesame seeds into the center.
10. We bake samsa for about 40-45 minutes, put it only in a heated oven, so that the triangles are not dry.
Lazy Samsa: a step-by-step recipe from puff pastry
Puff pastry is very helpful. It is tasty, delicate, inexpensive and affordable, in almost any grocery store you can buy it, sometimes there are several types. In the step-by-step recipe of the samsa, all the nuances of cooking and baking products from this product are described in detail.
• 500 g of dough;
• 250 grams of meat;
• 250 g onions;
• 1 egg;
• 40 g butter;
• sesame as desired.
1. Puff pastry is cooked faster than filling. With a small baking temperature, it simply dries, it will turn out dry and not very tasty. If the temperature is high, the dough will be excellent, and the stuffing will remain raw, the onions will crunch. That is why you need to prepare the filling in advance. Slice the meat, season with spices, mix and marinate for an hour.
2. Peel the onions, cut into small cubes.
3. Put the butter on the pan, melt and add the previously cooked onions. We begin to sauté it, but we make the fire a little less than the average. That is, onions should be stewed in oil, but not brown. We bring it to transparency, turn off the stove. This technique allows you to get very juicy stuffing, but at the same time in the finished samsa filling will not crackle. Cool onions.
4. Combine cooled onion and meat marinated in spices, stir, if necessary, we add salt, as onion without spices and in itself gives a sweetish taste.
5. We take out puff pastry, unfold, roll with a rolling pin. It is usually in rolls or in a stack of several plates, depending on the manufacturer. In any case, this is a square and it is more convenient to cut it into squares, that is, the samsa will be rectangular. You can make classic triangles, but not to do without cutting the dough.
6. Beat a whole egg with a fork. It is necessary for fastening the edges of the dough, as it is rather dry and when baking, the seams often break.
7. Lubricate the edges of several pieces. Spread out the stuffing and mold the samsa. Then we grease some more pieces and we repeat. If you immediately smear all the dough with an egg, the edges will still dry out and will not work so sticky. 8. We lay out the molded samsa on a baking sheet with seams down.
9. Lubricate the product with the remnants of a beaten egg, sprinkle with sesame at will.
10. Put the pan in a heated oven, bake at 200 degrees for about half an hour.
11. We take out samsa from the furnace. Immediately cover the baking sheet with a towel folded several times. We give 10-15 minutes to lie down so that the dough is softer and more tender. Remove the sample!
Samsa - useful tips and tricks
• If there are no sesame seeds, then you can sprinkle samsa before baking with flax seeds. They are also very useful, in appearance very similar to sesame.
• The filling will be tastier if you use fatty meat or cut a piece of bacon. Uzbeks often add fat fat to samsa, it gives an extraordinary taste and the baking is very aromatic.
• If the dish uses beef or not very young pork, lamb, do not try to boil or fry the product, it will only spoil the taste of the filling. The best option is to pickle the meat. You can just stir with spices, leave for a few hours. Or add a bit of mayonnaise or sour cream, soy sauce, you can immediately fall asleep chopped onions. Its juices perfectly saturate the meat and soften the fibers.
• Samsa, unlike yeast products, does not rise on the baking sheet, but you still need to leave enough space between the formed products. So they are better baked, equally browned on all sides.