Dumplings with potatoes - it's simple, tasty and cheap! The dish is nourishing, made from the most affordable products and always turns out delicious.
You can add other ingredients to the filling, get different options and make your family happy every day. Here are collected step-by-step recipes of dumplings with potatoes that you want to cook again and again.
Dumplings with potatoes - general principles of cooking
The dough for cooking dumplings is usually made fresh on water or on milk. It can be added egg, butter, be sure to put salt. Flour must be poured so much that the mass becomes steep, otherwise it will be impossible to roll out the dough finely. After kneading, let the lump lie down for about half an hour. So as not to form dried crusts on top, cover or place in a bag.
The traditional filling is prepared from mashed potatoes. But below are detailed step by step recipes of dumplings with potatoes, which are added mushrooms, lard, fried onions. These are not all possible options, but some of the most delicious, successful, time-tested combinations.
How to sculpt dumplings
There are 3 main ways of modeling dumplings, all of them are labor intensive and are distributed from the easiest and quickest to the most complex version.
• Form for dumplings. This is the easiest way to get a shape with holes. The dough is rolled out, placed on a special plate, the holes are filled with filling, all this is covered with a new layer of dough, rolled with a rolling pin. The disadvantage of this method is in scrap pieces that need to be collected, re-rolled, and difficult to do.
• Small circles. Roll the dough sausage, cut across, roll each piece, put the stuffing, make a dumpling. The disadvantage is that the dumplings can get a different size, you need to fill your hand.
• Glass cutting. The dough is rolled into a large layer, circles are squeezed out of it, filling is laid in each one, edges are pinched. It turns out the most beautiful and even dumplings, the same size, but the process is time consuming and trimming also remains. Products cook in salted water, laid in boiling water. If the filling of the finished mashed potatoes, the process takes no more than 3-4 minutes. After cooking, the dumplings are caught with a skimmer, lubricated.
Classic dumplings with potatoes: a step by step recipe
In addition to the filling is onions, but if you want you can not add it. In the step-by-step recipe of dumplings with potatoes, mashed potatoes are used. It can be prepared in advance so as not to wait for a long time to cool.
• 300 ml of water;
• about 5 glasses of flour;
• spices, oil;
• 7 potatoes;
• 2 onions.
1. It is better to start with the filling, as the puree will need to be cooled well. We clean the potatoes, cut, add to the pan and fill with water. We put on the stove, boil until good softness, the pieces should be easily pierced, at the end to salt.
2. Peel the onions. Cut into neat cubes.
3. Pour oil into the pan. We spread onion, fry until ruddy color. Divide into two parts. Half we will lay in a puree, but what remains will be needed to serve dishes to the table.
4. Knead the dough. Combine one egg with salt, grind, add water at room temperature, stir. Pour the sifted flour. Knead the stiff dough until smooth.
5. We shift in the package, leave for 15-20 minutes. The dough should “rest.” During this time, the gluten of the flour will swell, the mass will become softer, and the pieces will not be tightened during rolling.
6. From boiled potatoes, pour out the liquid, prepare a thick puree, fill with fried onions, stir. We shift the filling in a comfortable bowl, cool.
7. We take out the dough, cut, form dumplings in the most convenient way for you. Above you can see all the options.
8. Boil water in a saucepan, throw a spoonful of salt. You can add laurel, peppercorns or herbs.
9. Throw dumplings, mix immediately so that they do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
10. After surfacing, prepare three minutes.
11. Shumovki take out the dumplings. Each time we shake off the water droplets so that the bowl gets as little as possible. If there is no skimmer, you can drain all the dumplings into a colander. 12. Put the fried onions, which remained in the pan. Stir. Usually, dumplings are thrown up and caught in a bowl, but not all of them get it done the first time.
Dumplings with potatoes: a step-by-step recipe with mushrooms
In the step-by-step recipe of dumplings with potatoes, fresh champignons are used. If necessary, replace them with any other mushrooms in about the same amount. The dough will be kneaded without adding eggs, in milk with water.
• 100 ml of milk;
• 120 ml of water;
• 2 spoons of butter;
• salt and flour.
For the filling:
• 4 potatoes;
• 5-6 champignons;
• 2 bulbs;
• 60 g of oil;
1. We clean the tubers, cut them into pieces, put them in a saucepan and pour water so that the liquid only covers the potatoes. We put on the stove, cook until ready, we will salt it in ten minutes.
2. Cooking mushrooms. Cut the washed champignons into small cubes. Pour half of the prescription oil into the pan, throw in the mushrooms, begin to fry.
3. Cut one large onion into small cubes. Add to the mushrooms, together we bring to full readiness, pepper and salt.
4. Boiled potatoes are freed from the liquid, mnem to a state of uniform mashed potatoes, seasoned with fried mushrooms. Stir, leave the filling to cool.
5. Knead the dough. Milk combine with water, add half a teaspoon of salt, pour a couple of spoons of oil. Pour the sifted flour, knead ordinary dough. We give bed under a bowl or in a package.
6. After 20-30 minutes, you can begin to make dumplings. We form products in any way, we stack on a board or on a baking sheet, sprinkled with flour.
7. Boil water in a saucepan. It is important to pour a lot of liquid on this amount of dumplings at least 3 liters. If there is little water, boiling will slow down, the products will become limp. Also, do not forget to salt water.
8. Pour dumplings into boiling liquid, boil for 2-3 minutes after surfacing.
9. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion, cut into cubes, which has remained. 10. Take out the dumplings in a large bowl.
11. Add the fried onions. If this dressing is not to your taste, you can simply add a piece of butter to the dish. It will melt quickly, just shake the bowl several times.
12. Mushroom dumplings are best served at the table with sour cream. You can make a fragrant sauce by adding garlic, chopped dill, various spices and even grated cheese.
Dumplings with potatoes: a step-by-step recipe with bacon and dough on boiling water
A variant of the amazing filling, it turns out very juicy, has a completely different taste. In the step-by-step recipe of dumplings with potatoes, raw tubers are used, that is, you do not need to cook mashed potatoes, which saves time. Fat can be used fresh, salted, smoked at its discretion.
• 1 tbsp. water;
• 2.5 Art. flour;
• 2 spoons of butter;
Stuffing for dumplings:
• 400 g of potatoes;
• 150 grams of fat;
• 1 onion;
1. It is better to start this dish not from the filling, but from the dough. We measure off a glass of boiling water, we can pour it from the kettle, add salt and oil, pour a glass of flour with one hand, and quickly mix it with the second hand. Continue to stir until the mass becomes pleasantly warm. Then add more water, knead the dough.
2. Remove it to lie down for half an hour.
3. Twist the bacon through the meat grinder, and chop the onion head. There is the same kind of garlic stuffing, you can also add it.
4. Potatoes can be twisted through a meat grinder, but then in a separate bowl to squeeze the juice. But more often, peeled tubers are rubbed on a fine grater. Choose the most convenient option.
5. Combine the potatoes with lard, but do not add salt yet, since after that the active secretion of juices will begin. Just stir.
6. We take out the dough, divide it into pieces, roll out.
7. Only now the filling can be salted, season with pepper. Stir.
8. We make dumplings. Carefully glue the edges, as the filling is damp and this dish will be cooked a little longer. 9. Put the saucepan on the stove, pour water, let it boil, add salt.
10. Dumpling dumplings with raw potatoes, stir. After boiling water, cook 8-10 minutes, depending on the size.
11. Take out the dumplings from the pan, put in a bowl.
12. They can be simply greased or filled with fried onions, as in the recipes above. In this case, everything must be prepared in advance, otherwise the dumplings will have time to stick together during the waiting time.
Dumplings with potatoes - tips and tricks
• No need to immediately butcher and roll out all the dough, it is better to do this in small pieces, but to keep the bulk of it under an inverted bowl or cover with a towel.
• Dough does not want to stick together? If the pieces are dry, you can sprinkle them with water or spray them with a spray bottle.
• Butter makes the filling more tasty, the potato becomes tender, but one should not forget about the high calorie content of fats. A large piece of butter will increase the energy value of the dish by 1.5, or even 2 times.
• Dumplings left? You do not need to heat them in the microwave, it will not be so tasty. It is better to put in the pan, fry until golden brown. You can smear sour cream, sprinkle with cheese and bake in the oven.
• Vareniki can be cooked not only in water in the usual way, but also steamed. For this, the formed products are arranged in one layer, the preparation time depends on the filling.