Khanum (khanum) is often called “lazy manti”. This dish is also prepared from dough and meat, vegetables, also steamed, but requires less effort. No need to sculpt piece products, just twist roll with juicy stuffing.
Here are collected homemade step-by-step recipes of Hanum with three most popular fillings.
Hanum - general principles of cooking
Uzbek Khanum is always prepared from unleavened dough. And it is very important to roll it thin. Only in this case, the inner layers of the roll are soaked with juices of the filling, you get very delicate and pleasant to the taste. The dough can be kneaded in water, milk, use choux technology. Below in step-by-step recipes of Hanum, all this is described in detail. The finished dough needs to lie down, then roll it out, lay out the stuffing, roll up the roll.
Most popular types of minced meat:
• meat with onions and carrots;
• meat with potatoes, onions, carrots;
• vegetable mix.
The finished roll is transferred to the pallet from a special man-cooker (mantyshnitsa) or a double boiler is used, a small roll can be prepared in a slow cooker. It is important that the surface is smeared, otherwise there may be problems with the extraction of Hanum. Steamed roll for a couple from 30 to 45 minutes.
The khanum is laid out on a flat plate, lubricated with oil or grease from above. The dish is cut across as usual roll. In the center usually put a small bowl with tomato sauce or vinegar.
Meat Chanum: step-by-step recipe
For the filling, you can use any kind of meat: lamb, pork, beef, add poultry if desired. If the meat is not fat, then additionally enter a small piece of bacon or fat tail. The dough in this step-by-step Khanum recipe is the easiest on water with added oil.
• 100 ml of water;
• spoon of butter;
• salt and flour (3-3.5 cups).
For the filling:
• 500 grams of meat;
• 2 bulbs; • 2-3 tablespoons of fat or oil;
1. It is better to start with the preparation of the dough, as it should lie down. Otherwise, roll out a thin layer does not work. To the egg add 0.3 tsp. salt, shake, pour water at room temperature and add a spoonful of butter. You can knead the dough without it, but the fat will make the mass more elastic, comfortable to use.
2. Stir, introduce flour. This amount of liquid will take about three glasses. Knead the dough until the piece stops soaking up the flour. We remove the lump in the package for 30-40 minutes.
3. Peel two large onions, cut into cubes. Clean the carrots too, grate them large or cut them with a knife.
4. Heat oil or fat in a frying pan, lay out vegetables and fry over medium heat. No need to achieve a brown color, just lightly fry until the onions are transparent. Turn off the stove, cool.
5. Twist the meat through a meat grinder with a large grill. You can chop knives. Small stuffing for khanum is not used.
6. Add salt to the meat, pepper. You can enter other spices, such as cumin, curry, saffron. Choose to your taste, pour and thoroughly stir.
7. We take out the dough, roll out a large and thin flat cake from it. If the steamer tray is small, then it is better to cook two rolls. In this case, divide everything in half. We make the pellet elongated, something in between the oval and the rectangle.
8. Fold the minced meat, spread it evenly, leaving the edges untouched, approximately 1 cm.
9. Sprinkle the meat on top with cooked vegetables from the pan, they can also be flavored with spices, since the onions with carrots have a sweetish taste.
10. Gently lift the nearest edge, twist a long roll with a filling. We are not in a hurry, the filling should not be collected in a pile, but it is not necessary to do an extra dense roll.
11. Carefully transfer the formed khonim roll to the pallet. We lay out in a circle, try not to completely close the holes through which the steam will pass.
12. Pour water into a pan or steamer, bring to a boil. Add a bay leaf, a few peas of pepper. 13. Install the khanum. We are covering.
14. Cooking 40-45 minutes for a couple.
15. Take out the roll, transfer to a flat dish. Served with tomato sauce, greens, lecho, cut into pieces.
Hanum: a step-by-step recipe with potatoes and meat
In this step-by-step recipe for Chanum, not only the filling but also the composition of the dough changes. Knead it without eggs and milk. It will be softer, more palatable.
• 120 ml of milk;
• 2 tbsp. l oils;
• 0.3 tsp. salts;
For the filling:
• 250 grams of meat;
• 50 g fat;
• 2 carrots;
• 2-3 potatoes;
• 2 bulbs;
• spices, some oil.
1. Introduce salt, butter and dissolve into room temperature milk. Add the sifted flour, start kneading the mass with a spoon. As soon as it becomes difficult to rotate, take out a spoon and shift the mass onto a floured table. Making a stiff and elastic dough. Turn over the bowl, cover the ball, give it “rest”
2. We twist the meat with lard. Since potatoes are involved in this step-by-step recipe of the Hanum, additional fat is needed, otherwise it will be dryish stuffing.
3. Peel the bulbs, grate the carrots.
4. Pour 3-4 tablespoons of oil into a large frying pan, heat up, put the prepared vegetables, fry for two minutes. Salted.
5. Peel the potatoes. Pre-boil tubers do not need. Cut into small cubes of 4-5 millimeters.
6. Mix potatoes with minced meat. Add salt, pepper.
7. Put water on the stove, add spices, wait for boiling.
8. Roll out the dough in a very thin layer. We distribute the mincemeat stuffing with slices of potato.
9. The next layer on the meat lay roasted vegetables.
10. Lift the tips of the dough, tighten the roll.
11. Transfer to a greased pallet. We lay out the seam down so that it is sealed under the weight of the roll, the juicy stuffing did not leak out.
12. Install the steamer pan over boiling water, close with a tight lid.
13. Hanum with potatoes and meat is also cooked for about 35-40 minutes. The exact time depends on the thickness of the roll, as well as the meat used. If it is beef, then it is better to hold it a little longer. 14. Transfer the finished dish to a large flat plate. From above roll it is desirable to lubricate. You can use fat from a frying pan, in which vegetables were fried, or just walk on a hot surface with a piece of butter.
15. Decorate the khanum with fresh greens, serve to the table.
Vegetable Khanum: a step-by-step recipe with pumpkin and potatoes
Another step-by-step recipe of the Uzbek Khanum, but only with a vegetable filling. Meat is not added to it, the dish can be used for fasting or included in the diet of vegetarians. The dough will be kneaded using scalded technology. It can be easily rolled into a thin layer, but at the same time it is very gentle, soft.
• 1.3 Art. water;
• 2 spoons of butter;
• 0.5 tsp. salts;
Stuffing for khanum:
• 200 g pumpkin;
• 200 g onions;
• 50 g butter;
• 2 potatoes;
• 1 pepper;
• 1-2 carrots.
1. Measure out the right amount of water, add oil, salt, put on the stove. Brew and knead comfortably in a saucepan with low sides. Bring the mixture to a boil.
2. Turn off the stove, fall asleep a full glass with a pile of flour and quickly stir. We cool to a warm state, continuing to mix. You can add an egg to the warm mixture, there is such a recipe for the dough too. But you can not add an egg to the just brewed mass, the protein grab flakes.
3. Add flour, knead very cool dough until smooth. Put in the package, remove for half an hour in the fridge, let him lie down.
4. Peel all the vegetables, cut the carrot into strips, dice the bulbs.
5. Melt 50 grams of butter in a frying pan, lightly fry cooked vegetables over medium heat. Or take any fat. For the lean option, you can use vegetable oil.
6. Cut pumpkin into small cubes. The recipe indicates the weight of the pure pulp without peel. Pour into a bowl.
7. Wash the Bulgarian pepper, remove the seeds with internal flaps, cut everything else into small pieces, pour in the pumpkin.
8. Add cooled vegetables with pan oil. 9. Last but not least, peel the potatoes and cut into cubes. No need to do this in advance, as it can darken.
10. Put the water, bring to a boil.
11. We take out the choux pastry from the refrigerator, divide it into two parts.
12. Sprinkle the table with flour, roll out one large tortilla.
13. Now you can salt the vegetable filling, season with spices, add chopped greens if desired. If this is done earlier, the vegetables will begin to produce juice, lose taste. Stir.
14. Spread half the vegetable mince on a flat cake, level. The second part is left for the second piece of dough.
15. First we twist one khanum, put it on the pallet. Then also roll out the dough, lay out the stuffing, twist another roll. We shift to the second pallet.
16. Install over boiling water, cover, cook 30-35 minutes.
17. Vegetable Khanum also needs to be oiled, you can sprinkle with herbs. This dish is served to the table with sour cream sauces, but someone likes to use it with ketchup or crap.
Hanum - useful tips and tricks
• It is not necessary to twist very thick rolls, it is important to take into account the height of the steamer or mango cooker. Between khanum and the next circle or cover there must be space for the steam to freely circulate.
• If you add a spoonful of salt to the pan with water, there will be more intense steaming, the dish will cook faster and more evenly.
• Khanum can be cooked with other vegetables, such as zucchini, eggplant, put tomatoes. Very tasty and fragrant roll is obtained with the addition of mushrooms.