Fish is tasty and healthy. A good fish is even better. It sounds trite, but you can't get away from the truth!
What do we know about pink salmon? Yes, there were such canned foods in cans in childhood. Dry and not very tasty. Now in many supermarkets, this fish is sold fresh and frozen.
Pink salmon - a representative of the salmon family. The closest relatives are chum, sockeye, coho, and salmon itself. But unlike other types of red fish, pink salmon is less fatty and high in calories. The fish lives on average 2 years, so the average size of the carcass is about 70 cm. The maximum weight of the fish reaches 2 kg, but occasionally there are 5 kilogram specimens.
Salmon fish meat is an allergenic product, so babies under 1 year of age should not be given pink salmon dishes. But peanuts from 3 years and adults, it will only benefit.
Pink salmon. How to choose the carcass
Pink salmon is sold both in cut form and in carcass. Cut fish is more expensive, but you will not need to gut it. About 1/3 of the carcass part of the waste goes to waste. But for whole fish it is easier to establish its freshness.
Choosing pink salmon:
1. Inspect the carcass carefully. It should be silver, without yellow or gray spots, streams of fat.
2. Do not buy fish in the glaze. Ice shell can tighten at 1/3 the weight of the carcass. The pink salmon is important for you, not the melt water.
3. If the carcass with the head, then inspect the gills. In good fish, they are bright pink or red. Darkened, mucous or greened gills are a sign of a spoiled product.
4. Frozen fish will always have dull eyes. Therefore, it is not necessary to focus on them.
5. Condition of the tail and fins. If they are whole, then the fish is fresh and has not been defrosted and re-frozen. The carcass with broken fins is better to avoid.
6. Meat should be a uniform pink color. If the flesh is white, then the fish is frozen and the dish will be dry and tasteless. 7. Commercial fishing begins in September. Therefore, if in May you are told that pink salmon is fresh, then you are blatantly lying.
Pink salmon in sauce. General principles of cooking
Pink salmon is a picky product. It will be appropriate and baked, and fried, and stewed with various sauces, and boiled, and grilled. It is difficult to spoil even an inexperienced hostess.
For the preparation of pink salmon in a sauce you will need:
• knife and cutting board;
• ingredients for sauce according to the recipe. It can be wine, cream, butter, onions, carrots, tomatoes, nuts, and so on;
• favorite vegetable oil without a pronounced smell and taste;
• frying pan, stewpot, baking dish;
• stove, oven;
• spoon, spatula.
Pink salmon in sauce. Sour cream and cheese - budget option
It is an inexpensive, homemade meal for every day. It takes only 30 minutes to cook - 15 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to bake.
• pink salmon - 4 steaks;
• favorite cheese - Russian, Lithuanian, Bukovinsky, processed cheese will be appropriate;
• 250 ml of water;
• 30 g sour cream;
• 5 g flour;
• salt pepper;
• sugar - if sour cream is too sour - to taste.
1. Wash fish, salt, pepper, and send in a baking dish.
2. Prepare the sauce. Sour cream, salt, pepper, add flour. Add warm water and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour the pink salmon sauce.
4. Grate the cheese on a fine grater and sprinkle the fish in the sauce. Send the form to the oven.
5. Temperature - 180 degrees, roasting time - 15 minutes.
Fish spread on a dish. Garnish - mashed potatoes or mashed potatoes and pumpkin puree, baked vegetables, boiled rice, pasta, boiled beans or peas, legume puree. Pink salmon perfectly harmonizes with many products.
This recipe is basic. If you want to feel in Italy, then replace the sour cream with cream, add Parmesan or Grano Padano, herbs of Italian cuisine. Boil linguine, fusilli, rigatoni - any pasta on the side dish! Long live Italy! Let's leave the cream, take the blue cheese, herbs from the Provençal cuisine - and you are in France. And to the pink salmon, apply mashed potatoes, ratatouille or gratin, fry the mushrooms and you are on the Cote d'Azur!
Pink salmon in sauce. Sour cream, garlic and nuts
We take the previous recipe as a basis. But 2 cloves of garlic and 50 g of chopped walnut kernels should be added to sour cream sauce.
The result is a delicious rich dish with Georgian flavor. If you are lucky and you have purchased the cheese “Suluguni” or “vats”, or Imeretin cheese and you get a real masterpiece! Decorate the finished dish with greens - parsley, cilantro or tarragon!
Pink salmon in sauce. Plum Tkemali
We continue the trip to Georgia. Tkemali sauce can be used ready, but if you have a crop of plums, it is better to use a homemade product.
• pink salmon - steak or fillet - 400 g;
• sour cream - 5 tbsp. spoons;
• salt pepper;
• Tkemali sauce - 5 tbsp. l .;
• cheese - 50 g;
• tomatoes - 3 pcs.
1. Steaks salt, pepper and put in a baking dish.
2. Brush with Tkemali sauce.
3. Cut the tomatoes into cups and place on the fish.
4. Brush with sour cream and sprinkle with grated cheese.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Serve the dish with vegetable salad, slices of pita. It will help to create Georgian flavor lobio of beans or peas.
Pink salmon in sauce. Tomatoes and green peas
Pink salmon meat is low in fat. Therefore, there is always a chance that the dish will turn out to be rather dry. Tomato sauce will provide spicy and juicy fish. The peas add a joyful green color.
The dish from the series is simple and straight to the target. It takes only 20 minutes to cook. If you want to complicate and add colors, then set yourself another 10 extra minutes.
• pink salmon - 1 steak per serving;
• tomato juice or puree - 1 cup;
• frozen green peas or from a jar - how much is not a pity;
• dry basil or oregano.
Cooking technology: 1. Wash, salt and pepper fish, add herbs.
2. Put a pink salmon in the form, add tomato juice.
3. Put the green peas randomly on the fish.
4. Send the form to the oven. The fish will languish at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
5. If you want to complicate the recipe and make the dish more saturated, then fry the onions and sliced carrots. Pour tomato juice and sweat on the stove for 5 minutes. Pour the sauce over the fish and add the green peas. And for 15 minutes in the oven.
A great addition to pink salmon with green peas is mashed potatoes, boiled rice, pasta.
Pink salmon in sauce. Mushrooms and sour cream
Mushrooms and fish - say you, skeptically raising eyebrows. And why not actually. These products go great with each other.
Pink salmon in a sauce of champignons and sour cream can be cooked in 2 ways:
1. Fish and sauce are prepared separately. Pink salmon is boiled or fried and warmed before serving in a ready-made sauce.
2. Raw fish is poured with sauce and baked in the oven.
• pink salmon - fillet or steaks - 600 g;
• mushrooms - white, champignons, oyster mushroom can be separately, but the mushroom mix is more interesting - 200 g;
• onion, leek, shallot - which is not a pity - 1 pc .;
• flour - 4 tbsp. spoons;
• garlic - 1 tooth;
• favorite herbs;
• black pepper;
• vegetable oil;
• sour cream or cream - 150-200 g.
1. Cut the onion, garlic and mushrooms.
2. Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan and fry onion, garlic. Add the mushrooms. Add salt and pepper, add herbs and paprika.
3. If there is no time, pour sour cream over the mushrooms and add flour. Stir well. If there is enough time, then pre-fry the flour in a dry frying pan to a cream shade. And only then add to the sauce.
4. Boil the sauce on the stove for 5 minutes.
5. Fish clean, salt and pepper. Pour the sauce and stew in the oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
6. Or pre-roasted pink salmon in a mushroom sauce and warm over low heat for 5 minutes. Serve pink salmon in a sauce with mushrooms can be on slices of toasted bread and green salad. But with this dish harmoniously combines mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, and just boiled potatoes in their uniform. Boil the pasta - get the Italian variation. Rice, hominy, bulgur or trendy polenta - it all depends on the desire of the hostess!
Pink salmon in sauce. Cream and cognac
The recipe is suitable for everyone - for children, and for adults, and for pregnant girls. Alcohol from brandy during cooking will evaporate, leaving only the aroma and taste of the noble drink.
• pink salmon - fillet or steaks - 400 g;
• cognac - 100 ml;
• cream - 150 ml;
• flour - 2 tsp;
• butter - 50 g;
• salt pepper.
1. Fish cut into portions, salt and pepper, fry.
2. Prepare ru. To do this, melt butter in a frying pan, add flour and brew sticky dough.
3. Gradually, with constant stirring, add cream and brandy to the ru. Heat the sauce.
4. Put the fish on the dish, pour the sauce.
Serve with any side dish. But if you want real French charm, then put on the fire grapes and pear pieces. A glass of white wine and dinner was a success!
Pink salmon in oriental sauce
Look at the inhabitants of the Far East - Japan, China, South Korea! They do not age for a long time and retain their vitality. Doctors and scientists say that seafood and soy sauce are to blame.
The first are rich in minerals and omega-acids, easily digestible proteins, but at the same time low-calorie. The second is made from soy, which contains a large amount of phytoestrogens. That is why oriental beauties can boast perfect skin without wrinkles!
• pink salmon - fillet or steak - 200 g per serving;
• soy sauce for pickling;
• cream - 2 tbsp. spoons per serving.
1. Cut the fish into portions.
2. Send a pink salmon in the form and pour soy sauce. Do not be afraid to pour! The fish will take as much salt as it needs. Peresola will not be! 3. Forget about the form for 30 minutes. Let the pink salmon marinate!
4. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Cover the fish with foil and send to the oven.
5. Sour cream diluted with soy sauce to taste.
6. After 15 minutes, remove the foil from the mold, smear the fish with sour cream-soy topping and send to the oven for another 5 minutes.
Boil long rice. It should turn out crumbly. Put a side dish on the dish and baked fish on the rice.
Pink salmon with sauce. Potatoes and bechamel
Garnish and main course at the same time.
• pink salmon - 600 g;
• potatoes - 5 pcs .;
• cream - 1 cup - adjust the fat content yourself. The ideal option is to use milk;
• flour - 3 tbsp. l .;
• salt pepper;
• cheese - 100 g
1. Cut the fish, spice it with spices.
2. Cut potatoes into thin rings and boil until half cooked.
3. Prepare the bechamel sauce. Melt the butter in a pan, add the flour. Mix thoroughly and ru ready.
4. To the ru with constant stirring in small portions add milk or cream. If lumps remain in the sauce, rub it through a sieve.
5. Lay out a layer of potatoes in a baking dish, lay out pink salmon. Pour the sauce, sprinkle with cheese and bake for 15 minutes. The oven temperature is 180 degrees.
Put fish salmon and potatoes on a plate. Decorate your favorite herbs.
Cooking salmon in a sauce is simple. This fish is unpretentious and spoil it difficult. She willingly befriends with any herbs, spices and additives. The main thing is to buy high-quality fish and ingredients for the sauce.