Now you will not find a well-salted fish in our distribution network, you can also buy a delay at a very high price. Therefore, before the holidays I want to share how to pickle pink salmon at home very tasty, quickly and exactly as you like.
As a resident of Sakhalin, although already in the past, I know about the salting of fish not by hearsay, it was possible to over-salt it, I tried different methods.
To pink salmon turned out well salted and tasty, you need to follow a few rules, which I will discuss below. They are quite simple, so let's get started.
Preparation of pink salmon for pickling
Yes, my dear readers. Preparation is an important process. Not everyone knows how to properly cut red fish, especially if it is with caviar. After all, you want to keep this delicacy in one piece and also salt it deliciously.
Sometimes, especially in coastal areas, they sell fresh, but already gutted fish, so without any headache, you can immediately proceed to the Ambassador. But not everyone is so lucky, more often we buy fresh-frozen in the store, but also an option for pickling.
Frozen fish must first be properly defrosted. I do not recommend using a microwave for this purpose, the fish will heat up in some places and will not be suitable for salting. It is better to defrost naturally, well, if you really need to, then put the fish in a basin with cold water.
At the pink salmon, before the ambassador, you need to cut off all the fins, remove the entrails, you can through the stomach or cut fish along the ridge. The head and tail are removed, then with a sharp knife you need to carefully separate the ridge from the meat and pull it out. thus, two fillets are made. Here, if desired, and depending on the recipe, leave the file whole or cut into pieces.
How to pickle pink salmon at home
When choosing the method of salting, please note that pink salmon is a bit drier and harder than sockeye salmon or chum salmon. And there are only two ways:
- Dry, easiest
- Wet, that is, using brine
How tasty and quickly pickle pink salmon at home? What way to pickle choose? I will answer what you learn only when you try all the ways.
A particularly tasty fish is obtained if you pickle it unfrozen, but fresh.
How to pickle pink salmon at home in a deliciously dry way
Traditional recipe for dry salting
Per kilo of pink salmon fillet two hundred grams of coarse salt
- We cut the fish into fillets, wash well.
- Put both halves on the skin, put the meat up and sprinkle with salt.
- We put one half on the other to put the meat inside and wrap it in gauze or paper towel.
- Put the fish on a flat plate and put it in the fridge.
- After five hours, turn the bundle to the other side.
- In a day we reach the fish, unfold and wash away the remnants of salt.
- We cut into pieces and pour the fragrant sunflower oil.
Salmon Salmon of the pink salmon
We use the following ingredients:
- Per kilo of pink salmon
- Three tablespoons of coarse salt
- Three tablespoons of sugar
- Bunch of parsley
- Dill Bunch
- Three leaves of laurel
- A teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
How to cook such a fish:
- Again, prepare the filets.
- We do not remove the skin from the fish, we put the fish on the spacing up with meat.
- Mix salt with sugar and sprinkle on meat.
- Sprinkle Pepper on Top
- Fold evenly around the fillet of dill and parsley
- Fold the pieces of meat inside, wrap in cheesecloth.
- We put the package with the fish on a tray and hide it in the fridge for two days.
- In a day we turn the fish over.
- After complete salting, the fish needs to be removed and all salt is washed off. Before serving, sprinkle with lemon juice.
Humpback salmon with mustard
We take such products:
- Kilo of pure fish fillet
- 2 \ 3 glasses of coarse salt
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- Dill bunch floor
- Three tablespoons of mustard
- Two tablespoons of table vinegar
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
How to cook:
- Cut the fillet into pieces one and a half centimeters wide.
- Take an enamel or glass bowl, lubricate the inside with oil and fold our fish there.
- In another bowl, mix the finely chopped dill, and salt with the sugar.
- Fill the fish with this mixture and put it in the fridge for a couple of days.
- Mix mustard with vinegar and oil. We get ready fish and grease each piece with this sauce.
How to pickle salmon in marinade
Fast Wet Salt Method
We use ingredients:
- One average fish
- Liter of purified water
- Two tablespoons of sugar
- Three tablespoons of salt
- Tablespoon of mustard powder
- Ten black peppercorns
- One left
- We divide the fish, remove the tail with the head and ridge, clean the insides and cut the fins.
- Wash the fillet and cut into pieces about five centimeters.
- Fold the fish in a convenient container, you can bank.
- Making the marinade, boiling water with spices and letting it cool.
- Fill the fish and hide it in the fridge for twelve hours.
Pickling of pink salmon in marinade in the traditional way
We will take such products:
- Per kilo of pink salmon
- Liter of water
- Two hundred grams salt with sugar
This is an emergency method of salting, when urgently needed. Clean the fish, separate the fillets and divide into pieces. Dissolve sugar and salt in a convenient dish in water and put the pieces of fish in it, leaving it for four hours. After pulling out, pour with vegetable oil and serve to the table.
Pink salmon in spicy marinade
We will need:
- Kilo fillet of fish
- Half a cup of sugar and salt
- Liter of water
- Two tablespoons of finished mustard
- A pair of lavrushka leaves
- Several black pepper peas
- We split the fish into a filet.
- Put the water with sugar and salt on the stove, let it boil for about five minutes, then turn off and add mustard, white cherry and pepper.
- Give the marinade to cool and pour slices of pink salmon.
- Leave in the fridge for a day, then you can eat.