Donuts seem to be unsightly baking - no cream, as in a cake, no crispiness of the cookies, no juiciness of the biscuit.
And it is worth telling the kids that they are going to fry donuts and they will not leave you alone until they eat up to the last.
It is quite appropriate to paraphrase a proverb: how many donuts are served, but still knead the dough twice.
Lush Donuts - General Cooking Principles
• Wonderful air donuts are cooked in water, milk, sour cream, kefir, cottage cheese or condensed milk. To the products came out lush, knead the dough on the yeast brew or add rippers. Its density depends on the recipe.
• Air products can be dessert or snack bars, and their form depends only on imagination. Donuts are usually shaped in the form of rings, balls or puff cakes. The desired shape of the product is squeezed out of the dough rolled out by the layer, formed from its flagella, or simply pinch off small pieces of dough and give them the desired shape.
• Donuts are usually fried in large quantities of high-quality vegetable oil, which is well heated in a thick thick-walled pot over low heat. They put the products in deep-fried in small portions, in several pieces. Products must float freely in hot fat. To donuts roasted evenly, they are stirred skimmer. You can fry in less fat, for example, in a deep pan. Then the oil is poured into it so that it covers the product to half, and turn over as soon as the bottom side becomes a pale-rosy color.
• Hot, donuts are laid out on a paper towel to remove the remaining oil from them and only then they are placed on a common dish. The surface of dessert products is coated with icing, chocolate or sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Fluffy donuts - “Rings”
• 360 gr. wheat flour;
• 25 gr. alcohol yeast;
• three spoons of sugar;
• 250 ml of drinking water;
• powdered sugar.
1. In a small container with your hands crush the pressed yeast. Pour sugar, half a spoonful of salt to them and pour all with warm water.
2. Pour 1.5 tablespoons of flour and immediately mix the mixture well with a whisk, so that the yeast is completely dissolved and the flour does not clump together. The rest of the flour, cross the wide bowl twice.
3. When the yeast begins to bubble and increase in volume, pour the mixture to the flour and immediately begin to knead the dough.
4. Place it on a floured table and continue to knead for 10 minutes, using your hands well.
5. Oil a clean deep container with oil, put a ball of dough into it and cover with a cloth so that it does not become chapped.
6. An hour later, when it doubles in volume, crush it with your hands and roll out with a rolling pin a large layer, slightly thicker than 0.5 cm.
7. Take a cup with a diameter of up to 6 cm and squeeze the circles out of the dough. In the center of each, cut a small circle with a glass and leave the blanks under the towel for 7 minutes to come.
8. Fry the donuts in hot oil until golden brown on both sides.
9. Sprinkle the slightly cooled donuts with powdered sugar and serve.
Gingerbread Donuts - “Bombs”
• high-quality wheat flour - 400 gr .;
• a glass of thick cream;
• teaspoon of sugar;
• one egg;
• refined sunflower oil;
• spoonful of food soda;
• powdered sugar for sprinkling.
1. Break an egg into sour cream, add a small pinch of fine salt, sweeten and stir, completely dissolving the sugar grains.
2. Pour the flour, sifted through a fine-mesh sieve, and gradually knead, wring well, and knead the soft dough.
3. On a well-sprinkled table, roll it out with a large thin layer of rectangular shape and evenly spread 1/3 spoons of soda on its surface. Well rub it around the reservoir and wrap a thick roll. 4. Roll out the thin layer again, just sprinkle it with half of the remaining soda and wrap it in a roll. Repeat the procedure for the last time and wrap the edges of the roll towards the center without overlapping each other.
5. Sprinkle the bottom of the bowl with flour, place the roll in it and leave for two hours. Do not forget to cover the container with a linen towel so that the surface of the dough does not overwhelm.
6. Sprinkle the table with flour and roll a 0.5 cm thick layer on it. Squeeze circles out of it, with a diameter of at least 5 cm and fry them in a well heated oil on both sides.
7. Sprinkle powder over lightly cooled products, seeding it with a small, fine sieve.
Snacky lush donuts with crab sticks
• 150 ml of not too fat milk;
• 50 gr. dark sugar;
• two large spoons of vodka;
• 60 gr. homemade, thickened cream;
• 200 gr. crab sticks;
• two eggs;
• spoon of “fast” yeast;
• 50 ml of drinking water;
• 600 gr. white flour;
• half a liter of refined, high-quality oil.
1. Melt the cream. Heat water and milk in separate containers.
2. In water, dilute the yeast with a tablespoon of sugar and soak for 20 minutes.
3. Then pour the yeast mixture into a wide bowl. Add the flour, sifted to the sieve, but not all, about a pound, and add 0.5 spoons of salt. Pour in vodka, milk, cooled melted butter and eggs. Slowly knead not too thick dough sticking to your hands. Pulling the film on the bowl or just covering with a lid, leave for 40 minutes to rise, preferably closer to the heat.
4. Then add crab sticks, grated on a large grater, to the dough and, gradually pouring out the remaining flour, knead the dough. It will not adhere strongly, it will become pliable and elastic. Cover the bowl again and set for a final climb of 20 minutes.
5. Then roll small balls the size of an average plum out of dough and let them stand under the linen cloth for 10 minutes. 6. After that, lower the billet in hot sunflower oil a couple of pieces at a time, and fry, turning over two minutes on the opposite side.
7. Serve with sour cream sauce mixed with crushed garlic.
Banana puffy donuts in the glaze
• half a glass of highly carbonated mineral water;
• three spoons of dark sugar;
• one and a half large bananas;
• two and a half cups of wheat flour;
• two tablespoons of lean, refined oil;
• 15 grams of pressed alcohol yeast;
• 100 gr. powdered sugar;
• fresh juice from 1/4 of a small lemon.
1. Dissolve the crumbled yeast with one spoon of sugar in warm mineral water and put the dough in the heat for 15 minutes.
2. Using a fine grater, grate a whole banana, mix with the remaining sugar and transfer the banana puree to the dough. Add a small pinch of salt, pour in two full spoons of oil and stir well.
3. Pour into the mixture most of the flour and immediately start kneading dough. Constantly sprinkling the remaining flour, adjust its thickness. Well and carefully kneaded dough should not noticeably stick to any hands or to the pot.
4. Transfer the dough, having formed it with a ball, into a greased bowl with grease and leave to rest, under a linen cloth for at least an hour.
5. Roll up the dough well, which is about a centimeter thick, and cut a blank for donuts out of it. Fry the products in a large amount of vegetable fat and lay them on a paper towel.
6. Crush the remaining half of the banana with the finest grater in mashed potatoes or smash well with a blender. Stir banana puree with lemon juice, gradually add powdered sugar and pour the finished donuts with glaze.
Lush donuts on condensed milk under chocolate
• 250 g can of condensed milk;
• 450 gr. flour;
• vanilla powder - 1 gr .;
• three eggs; • 10 gr. ripper.
• 200 gr. milk chocolate;
• 50 gr. thickened homemade cream.
1. Mix eggs with condensed milk well. Just mix, but do not beat.
2. Pour over the flour, add the vanilla powder with a small pinch of salt and immediately knead the dough, gently stirring first with a spoon and then with your hands, right in the pot.
3. Put it on a lightly floured table and knead it for a few minutes, no more. The more elastic the dough, the softer and more magnificent the donuts.
4. Immediately roll it out with a layer and two round shapes of different sizes, squeeze the dough into rings in the form of dough.
5. Fry them in a large amount of warm oil and place on a wide dish covered with paper towel.
6. In a water bath, constantly stirring, melt the cream and chocolate, and grease the donuts on top. You can simply take the donuts in your hand and alternately dip them in the icing with the lower part. Then turn, stacking in one row on a dish, greased side up.
Lush donuts from cottage cheese with sour cream
• 300 gr. elastic, non-granular curd;
• three spoons of sour cream of average fat content;
• one full glass of flour;
• half a cup of refined granulated sugar;
• two eggs;
• baking soda - 1/4 tsp .;
• a small pinch of fine salt.
1. Put the cottage cheese in a deep bowl. Pour in the eggs, add sugar and sour cream, and carefully mash everything with a spoon, achieving homogeneity. If you get curd in grains, grind it in advance through the rarest sieve and then mix it with the other products.
2. Add soda and salt to the measured flour and mix well, then cross over the rare sieve twice. This will enrich the flour with air, and cottage cheese donuts will turn out even more magnificent.
3. Transfer the flour to the curd and knead well. Cover the bowl with the dough with a linen cloth and leave it alone for 15 minutes. 4. Roll up a thick sausage and cut it into pieces, from which roll up balls. The width of each piece should be no more than 3 cm, and the diameter of the sausage is 2-3 cm.
5. Put round donuts in hot oil in small batches, 3-4 pcs. Each. and for even roasting, gently mix with a slotted spoon.
6. Finished products can be served with sour cream or jam or simply sprinkle with sweet powder when they are slightly cooled. On hot, the powdered sugar will melt.
Lush Donuts - cooking tricks and helpful tips
• Knead the yeast-free dough, stir the rippers first with the flour and cross over with it. So they evenly disperse the test. If the soda needs to be quenched, add it to the base mixed with a small amount of flour.
• Do not bake the dough with flour, even if it sticks to your hands, otherwise the products will not get fluffy. To facilitate the cutting of such a dough, the hands and the table are moistened with pure sunflower oil.
• Do not immerse the blanks in badly heated butter, they are not only not fried, the dough will not “open” completely and donuts will not be lush. From well-heated oil should rise light, more like steam smoke.
• Do not glaze with chocolate and do not sprinkle powdered sugar on hot products, they should cool slightly, otherwise the chocolate icing will melt and the powder will melt.